• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Have You Tried These Veggie-Packed Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares?

In summary, to make the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares, you will need bread, sliced ham, shredded cheese, eggs, milk, and seasonings. Layer bread, ham, and cheese in a baking dish, pour egg mixture on top, and bake at 375°F for 25-30 minutes. You can use any type of bread, add vegetables, make it ahead of time, and customize with different cheese and meat options.
We have this at least twice a month around here for dinner.
Tonight I made it with 1sm head of broccoli chopped, 2 carrots chopped, 1 red pepper diced, fresh mushrooms chopped. I didn't put any ham in, but I dotted the top with pepperoni. It was great and the kids had no idea how many vegetables they were eating. My 18 month old had 3 helpings.

Last week I made them with feta cheese instead of cream cheese and bacon. If I had had some spinach I am sure that would have been good too. Our all time favorite is hot sausage.I would love to hear any other versions you have tried!

Feta cheese (although this was in addition to the other cheese.:eek:), spinach, red onion, and sundried tomatoes. YUMMMMMMMMMY!

1. How do I make the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares?

To make the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares, you will need bread, sliced ham, shredded cheese, eggs, milk, and seasonings. Start by layering slices of bread in a greased baking dish. Then, add a layer of ham and shredded cheese on top. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and your choice of seasonings, such as salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Pour the egg mixture over the bread, ham, and cheese layers. Bake in the oven at 375°F for 25-30 minutes until the eggs are set and the top is golden brown. Let it cool for a few minutes before serving.

2. Can I use a different type of bread for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of bread that you prefer. Sliced white bread or sourdough bread work well for this recipe. You can also use whole wheat bread for a healthier option. Just make sure to use slightly stale bread as it will hold up better in the egg mixture.

3. Can I add vegetables to the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares?

Absolutely! You can add any vegetables of your choice, such as diced bell peppers, onions, spinach, or mushrooms. Simply sauté the vegetables in a pan before adding them to the dish. This will prevent them from releasing too much moisture and making the squares soggy.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares the night before and bake it in the morning. Just cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, let it sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before baking to ensure even cooking.

5. Are there any variations to this recipe?

Yes, there are many variations to this recipe. You can use different types of cheese, such as cheddar, Swiss, or feta. You can also switch up the meat and use cooked bacon or sausage instead of ham. For a vegetarian option, you can omit the meat altogether and add more vegetables. Get creative and experiment with different ingredients to find your favorite combination!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
peichef