• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares

In summary, the author is making a breakfast dish that will be served at an office brunch on Christmas Eve. They are not a morning person, and they are worried about thermal shock. The dish will be served with hash browns that have been pre-prepared, frozen patties, cheese, and bacon.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I am making this for an office brunch on Christmas Eve. My plan is to take it out of the oven, cover it in foil, pop it in my insulated tote and head to work.

I am NOT a morning person.

Do you think it would be OK to chop up the potatoes and press them in the bar pan the night before? Or would taking it out of the fridge and putting it in the oven create "thermal shock?"

it will thermo shock your stone and your potatoes will be brown/black unless they are precooked. Buy a bag of cubed potato hash browns, put them in the fridge to thaw, then you can just put them on a room temp stone in the morning.

I think you'd be fine doing the hashbrown crust the night before. Are you using the frozen hashbrowns patties (thawed, of course) like in the recipe or are you using fresh potatoes and making your own? To avoid thermal shock, I do one of two things: either A. take it out of the fridge early and then preheat the oven and by the time it's ready to go in, the stoneware has warmed up a little. Or B: put it in a cold oven and then preheat.ETA: If you break up the patties, spread them out and do the cheese layer and bake that layer, it can be one less thing to do in the morning. But really, if you do all your prep the night before it should come together pretty quick. My husband actually prefers this leftover the next day, so in my house it would work out okay to bake it entirely the night before and then cover it with foil to reheat it the next morning to bring it up to temperature. Take off the foil for the last few minutes to crisp up the bacon and then add tomatoes last.

No, it uses the hash browns like in the recipe. Those things have so many preservatives that they'd probably be fine if I just left the pressed hash browns in the pan and set it on the counter overnight. Or as you said, don't pre-heat the oven.The foil won't go on it until I take it out of the oven.I do plan to do most of the prep the night before, like the cheese shredding and the onions and tomatoes and sausage instead of ham. (There's already a ham dish coming to this potluck.)I plan to get it to the office right at 8 and then head out for a meeting. They plan to eat around 10 or 10:30. In the past when I've taken this to a Bible study, they had the lesson and then ate afterwards. I took it out of that tote and removed the foil and it was still steaming hot.

Hi there! I totally understand not being a morning person and wanting to prep ahead for a busy brunch. It is definitely possible to chop up the potatoes and press them in the bar pan the night before. Just make sure to cover the pan with plastic wrap or foil and store it in the fridge. When you are ready to bake it, let the pan come to room temperature before putting it in the oven to avoid any thermal shock. Happy cooking!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares?

To make Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 package crescent roll dough
  • 6 slices deli ham
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper

2. Can I use a different type of cheese in this recipe?

Yes, you can definitely use a different type of cheese in this recipe. Some popular options include Swiss, Gouda, or pepper jack. Feel free to experiment with your favorite cheese to find the perfect flavor combination for your taste buds!

3. Can I make these ahead of time?

Yes, you can make these Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares ahead of time. Simply prepare the squares as directed and refrigerate them until ready to bake. You may need to adjust the baking time slightly, so keep an eye on them in the oven. They also make great leftovers to reheat for a quick and easy breakfast or lunch.

4. Do I need to grease the pan before baking?

No, you do not need to grease the pan before baking. The crescent roll dough contains enough butter to prevent sticking. However, if you prefer, you can lightly grease the pan with cooking spray or butter for added assurance.

5. Can I add any other ingredients to the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares?

Yes, you can add other ingredients to the squares to customize them to your liking. Some popular additions include diced bell peppers, onions, spinach, or bacon. Just be mindful of the amount of additional ingredients you add, as it may affect the baking time and consistency of the squares.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • sarahsellcm
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cindylpal
  • chefmoseley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies