• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ham and Broccoli Ring/Wreath/Braid??

In summary, the conversation is about a host who initially wanted a trifle but then changed her mind and requested a Broccoli Ham Ring instead. The recipe is from one of the Pampered Chef cookbooks and a substitute for the Dijon mustard is suggested. However, one person who tried the recipe found it to be too oniony and suggested cutting down on the onions and mustard. The host is described as being difficult and high maintenance, and the person is going along with the requested dish despite the host's picky preferences.
kcjodih
Gold Member
My host from hell now wants this instead of a trifle :mad:

Anyone know what cookbook it's in?

Thanks in Advance,

Jodi

One of the Pampered Chef Favorites and a Season's Best - hold on though - have posted it here before - one of my favorites - searching now for you...

Broccoli Ham Ring

4 oz. ham, chopped
4 oz. fresh broccoli, chopped
1/4 C. onion, chopped
1/2 C. fresh parsley, chopped
1 C. grated Swiss cheese (about 170g/6 oz.)
2 T. Dijon-style mustard
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 pkg. (226g/8 oz.) refrigerated crescent rolls

Preheat oven 350ºF.

Coarsely chop ham, broccoli and onion. Add parsley, cheese, mustard and lemon juice to ham mixture; mix well. Unroll crescent dough separate into 16 triangles. Arrange triangles in a circle on a 13 round baking stone with wide ends of triangles overlapping in the center and points toward the outside. (There should be a 5-inch diameter opening in the center of Stone.)

Scoop ham mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle. Bring outside points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center of ring. (Filling will not be completely covered.) Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown

Substituting Honey Dijon Salad Dressing for the mustard is good too... :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have the PC favorites. I have so many cookbooks I didn't know where to look. Started with All the best and it wasn't there.

Question since it's one of your favorites....do you use swiss or cheddar cheese (since it calls for either in the PC favorites)? And do you really use Diijon mustard (eww!)?

I use a colby jack ...... it has both the cheddar and white in it... gives it a really good flavor.

I use swiss in it, others don't seem to taste as good...the Dijon is not "noticeable" unless it is missing...I do like the new salad dressing substitute I tried recently - much better flavor to me...

Never tried colby jack in it...may have to try that next time...

kcjodih said:
Question since it's one of your favorites....do you use swiss or cheddar cheese (since it calls for either in the PC favorites)? And do you really use Diijon mustard (eww!)?
I just made this. CUT DOWN ON THE ONIONS AND THE MUSTARD!!! That was something all the guests said. It was really oniony!!! I don't think I will do this one again. There are much better recipes. I would talk her into the trifle!

chefkristin said:
I just made this. CUT DOWN ON THE ONIONS AND THE MUSTARD!!! That was something all the guests said. It was really oniony!!! I don't think I will do this one again. There are much better recipes. I would talk her into the trifle!

uh oh! Too much onion and mustard? Anyone else have that reaction or get that reaction from guests?

As for talking her into a trifle - I'm now beginning to find out she's an ex-consultant with a know it all attitude. She had her hubby 'poll' the gals at his work coming and they stated they wanted a ring/wreath. She herself wasn't excited about the trifle and stated it was 'too ordinary'. Like a PC ring is original? I, as a guest, had them at many, many shows! She also was the one I mentioned in the trifle thread that stated she didn't like coffee, toffee (Heath bars), marshmallows, cherries, coconut, raisins and didn't want to buy fruit this time of year. Didn't leave me a lot of recipe choices in the trifle department. Oh yea, and she didn't want chocolate or ANY whipped cream I found out tonight. SHE informed ME that her guests want a ring and SHE wants it to be the ham broccoli one.

This is the first host I've had who didn't choose either my sweet or savory option! I'm just going to go with it since it's supposedly what the guests want and keep a smile on. Hopefully the guests are better and not so annoying, full of themselves, high maintenance as she is! Anyway, thanks for letting me vent and if someone else could let me know their or their guests opinion on the onion and mustard thing so I know whether to modify it, it would be very helpful and much appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

janetupnorth said:
Broccoli Ham Ring

4 oz. ham, chopped
4 oz. fresh broccoli, chopped
1/4 C. onion, chopped
1/2 C. fresh parsley, chopped
1 C. grated Swiss cheese (about 170g/6 oz.)
2 T. Dijon-style mustard
1 tsp. lemon juice

Preheat oven 350ºF.

Coarsely chop ham, broccoli and onion. Add parsley, cheese, mustard and lemon juice to ham mixture; mix well. Unroll crescent dough separate into 16 triangles. Arrange triangles in a circle on a 13 round baking stone with wide ends of triangles overlapping in the center and points toward the outside. (There should be a 5-inch diameter opening in the center of Stone.)

Scoop ham mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle. Bring outside points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center of ring. (Filling will not be completely covered.) Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown

Substituting Honey Dijon Salad Dressing for the mustard is good too... :)

Janet,

Where did you get this recipe from? Which book? I have the PC favourites here and it doesn't call for mayo????? Should I include mayo or not? Anyone?

Here's the one I have from the PC favourites - Now I'm confused!

Broccoli Ham Ring

4 oz. cooked ham, chopped
1 cup fresh broccoli florets, chopped
1/4 C. onion, chopped
1/4 C. fresh parsley, chopped
1 C. grated Swiss cheese or cheddar cheese(about 170g/6 oz.)
1 T. Dijon-style mustard
2 T mayonnaise
1 tsp. lemon juice

Preheat oven 350ºF.

kcjodih said:
Janet,

Where did you get this recipe from? Which book? I have the PC favourites here and it doesn't call for mayo????? Should I include mayo or not? Anyone?

I ALWAYS do it without mayo. This was from the Pampered Chef Favorites or Favorites II which were out early to mid '90s.

As for the onion, never had a problem and the Dijon mustard either - must be the part of the US where you may be (used to different tastes) or different crowds. I do like substituting the Honey Dijon salad dressing, it does cut out the "sharp dijon" flavor.

kcjodih said:
Here's the one I have from the PC favourites - Now I'm confused!

Broccoli Ham Ring

4 oz. cooked ham, chopped
1 cup fresh broccoli florets, chopped
1/4 C. onion, chopped
1/4 C. fresh parsley, chopped
1 C. grated Swiss cheese or cheddar cheese(about 170g/6 oz.)
1 T. Dijon-style mustard
2 T mayonnaise
1 tsp. lemon juice

Preheat oven 350ºF.

Interesting - Dijon is cut to 1T and mayo is added in this one...maybe as a response to "too much Dijon"????

Have to revive this thread because I got hungry for this and wanted it the other night but realized I had no broccoli in the house. So...I chopped up some cilantro and put it in instead...it was a yummy recipe/variation! So if you like cilantro try this out!!!!

I've been making this ring since 1995. I love it, and I use the original amounts of everything.

What is a Ham and Broccoli Ring/Wreath/Braid?

A Ham and Broccoli Ring/Wreath/Braid is a delicious savory dish made with crescent roll dough, ham, broccoli, and cheese. It is typically served as an appetizer or side dish for parties and gatherings.

What ingredients do I need to make a Ham and Broccoli Ring/Wreath/Braid?

To make a Ham and Broccoli Ring/Wreath/Braid, you will need 2 cans of crescent roll dough, 1 pound of ham, 1 cup of chopped broccoli, 1 cup of shredded cheese, and 1/4 cup of honey mustard. You can also add other ingredients like diced bell peppers, onions, or mushrooms for added flavor.

How do I assemble and bake a Ham and Broccoli Ring/Wreath/Braid?

To assemble a Ham and Broccoli Ring/Wreath/Braid, roll out the crescent roll dough into a circle and place the ham and broccoli on top. Sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with honey mustard. Then, fold the dough over the filling and pinch the edges to seal. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

Can I make a Ham and Broccoli Ring/Wreath/Braid ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the Ham and Broccoli Ring/Wreath/Braid ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to bake. You can also freeze the unbaked ring and bake it at a later time. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

What are some variations of the Ham and Broccoli Ring/Wreath/Braid?

There are many variations of the Ham and Broccoli Ring/Wreath/Braid that you can try. Some popular options include using different types of meat like turkey or chicken, adding different vegetables like spinach or mushrooms, and using different types of cheese like cheddar or pepper jack. You can also experiment with different sauces or seasonings to create your own unique flavor combinations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krhodes74
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
adventurechef
Replies
Views
Staci
  • PamperedSheep
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies