• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Our Pirate Family Photo - Happy Halloween!

In summary, Shawnna's friends do not approve of her Halloween celebrations, which include pirate costumes.
Sheila
Gold Member
Long story short, hubby bought 2 pirate costumes for a themed event & then all the participants found out that it was a "red carpet" theme, not a "favorite Hollywood character" theme, so these two Pirates of the Caribbean costumes have been sitting in our closet for almost 2 years without being worn.

So hubby came up with the idea of making the kids be pirates this year. Here's out PIRATE family photo from tonight:
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs060.snc3/14758_1253983154898_1389121744_1587695_4412429_n.jpg

For those of you who go out & play tonight, I hope you have a safe and Happy Halloween! Argh!!!

I love it! Great family photo! Thanks for sharing!

great pic. I have to say I love Halloween...and get lots of "Shame on you" remarks from my fellow Christians. I realize that there is evil in the world and some people use Halloween for bad things. I know that the Bible says that Satan's workers are out and about...but that is an every day thing. Satan is always warring against us. But I just remember Halloween as a fun day. We always dressed up and went trick or treating, had a carnival at school...I was actually Queen of the carnival my Senior year. I always dress up as a witch...I can't cast spells so I don't see the harm...which really gets me "shame on you" remarks. And I love to try and scare the kids...not small kids, teenagers.

We are having a trick or treat hayride for our small kids and then a bonfire out at one of our friend's house for everyone. The teenagers always go on a walk in the dark woods close to the house and someone will be hiding trying to scare them...lol.

But, didn't mean to steal from your thread. Your picture is great. Everyone have a safe and happy Halloween.

That is a great picture. Thanks for sharing! I hope you had fun! I love Halloween, too.

Thanks for sharing such a gorgeous family picture. We are praying for safety of all children as they venture out tonight.

That is super cute and a great pic of you all! Looks like it was a fun Halloween!

That is adorable! My grandson is a piarte this year! He loves pirates and that was his birthday party theme! :)

That looks like so much fun!

Arrrrgh, now I be knowin' where to be buyin' me cheap software!

No way KG, this pirate is too scared of a Japanese jail to try that! LOL

I'm not a real pirate, I just play one on Halloween.
hysterics.gif

Sheila, that is an adorable picture! Although all the costumes are great, I really love your daughter's dress (and, your husband's hair!).

Shawnna, I think you need new friends - ones who truly understand what it means to be Christian. Personally, when it comes time to throw stones, I'll be at the very very back of a very very long line.

Sarah, my daughter's dress came with a headpiece but she would freak out every time we put it on her head. And hubby is military, so he has the normal military haircut. My daughter loved the add-ons that he wore too! She thought they were funny. :DShawnna, I'm sorry that you have friends who are forcing their beliefs down your throat vs. accepting you and your methods of having fun for what they are ... just fun. :( It's sad when people are so convinced that their way is the only way (on any topic, not just this one) and that they are so adamant about trying to prove to someone why they should conform. I hope you were able to enjoy your evening despite the criticism. (((hugs)))

Shawnna, ask your stick-in-the-mud friends what they think of the Day of the Dead celebrations in Mexico, Spain, Brazil and other locations around the world today, All Saint's Day. Our Halloween fantasy celebrations seem pretty small in comparison. I can understand some concern over Halloween that some devout people may have, and they are welcome to them. I won't push my beliefs on them and I don't want them to push theirs on me. That said, to me, Halloween is all fantasy and fun, and is no more a threat to my religious beliefs than 2001, A Space Odyssey, Harry Potter, Medium, Ghost Whisperer, Pirates of the Caribbean or The Muppet Show.

I've never seen Medium, and I found 2001: A Space Odyssey to be only ok. The rest of the list, however, are high on my favorites list! By the way, anyone who knows me would list "Christian" as one of their first descriptions of me.

In fact, haha, I even had someone 'unfriend' me on Facebook because I'm too Christian.

Ok, sorry Sheila, for the hijack.

ha...my daughter and I dressed up...I was a witch and she was a vampire...she has a huge crush on Jacob Black and Edward Cullen from the Twilight series (lol). I actually only received good remarks this year. I guess they decided to let me have my fun. I don't think they ever meant to be mean...just overly concerned about my spiritual walk. My husband is very cautious in that area too. He hates it that I watch Ghost Whisperer and that I love scary movies. Its all fun to me. My pastor doesn't like scary movies either...he says they have a "bad spirit" about them...and honestly I think some are too over the top...hated exercist and pet cemetary. But, I know I am a spirit filled believer and if you are saved you can't be possessed...only hindered by the enemy...lol.

We had a lot of fun at our church bonfire. Other than the little kids my daughter and I were the only ones that dressed up, but we had a blast doing it...lol Anyone else have pictures to share. I'm not sure how to post mine.

Shawnna, I upload my photos on a web server like FaceBook or PhotoBucket. Then copy the URL link & past here with
before & after the photo.

Maybe it's past time to bump The Photo Thread. Everything you need to know about posting photos is in there.

What is "Our Pirate Family Photo - Happy Halloween!"?

"Our Pirate Family Photo - Happy Halloween!" is a fun and festive photo set that includes everything you need to capture the perfect Halloween family portrait. It features pirate-themed props and costumes, as well as a backdrop for a spooky and exciting photo session.

Can I customize the props and costumes in "Our Pirate Family Photo - Happy Halloween!"?

Yes, you can mix and match the props and costumes to create a unique and personalized look for your family. We also offer additional pirate-themed accessories and decorations that you can add to your photo set.

How many people can participate in "Our Pirate Family Photo - Happy Halloween!"?

The photo set is designed for families of up to 6 members. However, if you have a larger family, you can purchase multiple sets and combine them to accommodate everyone in your family.

Is "Our Pirate Family Photo - Happy Halloween!" suitable for children?

Yes, the photo set is suitable for children of all ages. The props and costumes are made with safe and durable materials, and the set-up process is easy and kid-friendly. We recommend adult supervision during the photo session for younger children.

Do I need any special equipment to use "Our Pirate Family Photo - Happy Halloween!"?

No, the photo set includes all the necessary props and costumes, as well as a step-by-step guide for setting up and taking your family photo. All you need is a camera or a smartphone to capture the memories!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • candiejayne
  • General Chat
Replies