• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Leftover Halloween Candy Ideas: Make a Sweet Treat Sunday!

In summary, the conversation is about how to use leftover Halloween candy. People have come up with different ideas, such as a big cookie with stuff sprinkled on top, brownies, or a cake using Reese's cups.
beepampered
I'm doing a show Sunday and wanted to feature a way to use some leftover Halloween candy. Anyone ever made a specific dessert for this? I'm thinking a big cookie with stuff sprinkled on top but suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

what about a brownie mix, that you pour half of the mix in, then put candy in the middle and then pour the rest of the brownie mix, then bake and you have yummy brownies with candy in the middle.

although, I really like the big cookie idea, and you can take cream cheese and mix with marshmallow cream and "ice" the cookie, then sprinkle the candy on top!

Yum. Brownies are always good too.

Wait! What!!? :confused: Leftover Halloween Candy?!!! :eek: Not in my house!!! LOL!! Sorry, couldn't resist, I have no ideas but the 2 that are mentioned sound like they would work. Or, you could make brownies and pudding and do a Halloween Candy Trifle? Just a thought!

I agree that we like eating the candy but they do get a good amount. Of course, this cookie/brownie would take all the good stuff. No ideas for the starburst and smarties and dumdums....

For lollipops, you could do stained glass window cookies... http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?ID=29625

I also found an awesome looking cake on a blog I follow. It uses Reese's cups, although I don't know many families that have a lot of those left. It looks delicious though!! It;s the 2nd post down.
alan and steph: From our kitchen

Buy Pillsbury puff pastry and wrap left over candy in. attached is a recipe I have used and everyone loves them

smbith said:
Buy Pillsbury puff pastry and wrap left over candy in. attached is a recipe I have used and everyone loves them

Oops! You forgot the attachment! :D I do that all the time!!!!

Candy Bar Puffs
Ingredients
48 bite-size candies bars (like Milky Way, Snickers or 3 Musketeers)
1 package (17.3 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (2 sheets)
2 ounces candy melts (milk chocolate, dark chocolate or white)
Directions
Thaw the pastry sheets at room temperature for 40 minutes or until they're easy to handle. Heat the oven to 400°F. Place mini baking cups into 48 (1 1/2-inch) mini muffin-pan cups.

Unfold the pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface. Roll each pastry sheet into a 10-inch square. Cut each pastry square into 25 (2-inch) squares, making 50 pastry squares in all. You will only need 48 pastry squares for this recipe. Discard the remaining squares or reserve for another use.

Brush the edges of the 48 pastry squares with water. Place 1 candy bar, top-side down, in the center of each pastry square. Fold the corners up over the filling to the center and press to seal. Place 1 filled pastry, seam-side down, into each lined muffin-pan cup.

Bake for 10 minutes or until the puffs are golden. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove puffs from pan and cool on wire racks.

Melt the candy melts according to the package directions. Drizzle over the puffs.

Tip: These puffs can be baked and stored in the freezer for up to 2 months. Handle carefully: the frozen puffs can be fragile.

beepampered said:
I agree that we like eating the candy but they do get a good amount. Of course, this cookie/brownie would take all the good stuff. No ideas for the starburst and smarties and dumdums....

wait..now I am confused..I thought the Starburst..Smarties..and dumdums WERE the good stuff..but I didn't think that they would go well in a brownie or cookie..so..I thought you were putting the chocolate junk in the brownie or cookie??

LOL

My kids like to take starbursts and soften them in the microwave. Then they make fish shapes and put it on top of a cake with blue frosting.

Heidi: Wish you were my neighbor - we could switch candy. We have starburst and hard candy leftover for months. The chocolate is what I'm sneaking out of my kids' bags cause they keep a count.Everyone has given so many good suggestions, I don't know what I'll do. Thanks.

smbith said:
Candy Bar Puffs
Ingredients
48 bite-size candies bars (like Milky Way, Snickers or 3 Musketeers)
1 package (17.3 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (2 sheets)
2 ounces candy melts (milk chocolate, dark chocolate or white)
Directions
Thaw the pastry sheets at room temperature for 40 minutes or until they're easy to handle. Heat the oven to 400°F. Place mini baking cups into 48 (1 1/2-inch) mini muffin-pan cups.

Unfold the pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface. Roll each pastry sheet into a 10-inch square. Cut each pastry square into 25 (2-inch) squares, making 50 pastry squares in all. You will only need 48 pastry squares for this recipe. Discard the remaining squares or reserve for another use.

Brush the edges of the 48 pastry squares with water. Place 1 candy bar, top-side down, in the center of each pastry square. Fold the corners up over the filling to the center and press to seal. Place 1 filled pastry, seam-side down, into each lined muffin-pan cup.

Bake for 10 minutes or until the puffs are golden. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove puffs from pan and cool on wire racks.

Melt the candy melts according to the package directions. Drizzle over the puffs.

Tip: These puffs can be baked and stored in the freezer for up to 2 months. Handle carefully: the frozen puffs can be fragile.

I've started bringing weekly treats into my DH's office on Thursdays (their busy day)...guess what they're getting this week!

Thanks for the yummy idea! A friend of mine called it a sin...that's the kind of "sin" I can sink my teeth into!

I just got an email this morning about how to use your leftover halloween candy. Here is the link. [email protected]

1. What are some easy and creative ways to use leftover Halloween candy?

There are plenty of fun and delicious ways to repurpose your leftover Halloween candy! Here are a few ideas:

• Chop up chocolate bars and use them as a topping for ice cream or yogurt.
  • Melt chocolate or caramel candies and use them as a dip for fruit or pretzels.
  • Crush up candy bars and mix them into cookie or brownie batter for a sweet twist on traditional treats.
  • Use mini candy bars as a topping for a homemade pizza dessert.
  • Make a sweet and salty trail mix by combining leftover candy with nuts, pretzels, and dried fruit.

2. Can I use leftover Halloween candy in baking recipes?

Absolutely! Leftover candy can add a delicious and unique twist to your baked goods. You can chop up candy bars and mix them into cookie or brownie batter, or use them as a topping for cakes and cupcakes. Just be sure to adjust the amount of sugar and other ingredients in the recipe to account for the added sweetness from the candy.

3. How long can I keep leftover Halloween candy before it goes bad?

Most Halloween candy can last for several months if stored properly in a cool, dry place. However, chocolate and other candy with fillings or coatings may start to lose their flavor and texture after a few weeks. It's best to consume your leftover candy within 2-3 weeks for optimal taste and freshness.

4. Are there any healthy options for using leftover Halloween candy?

If you're looking for a healthier alternative to indulging in leftover candy, try incorporating it into a homemade granola or energy bar recipe. You can also use it as a topping for a fruit and yogurt parfait. Another option is to donate your leftover candy to a local food bank or charity organization.

5. Can I freeze leftover Halloween candy for later use?

Yes, you can freeze most types of Halloween candy for later use. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container or freezer bag to prevent freezer burn. When you're ready to use it, let it thaw at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes before consuming or incorporating it into a recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• missyciccolella
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Staci