• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Halloween Candy Corn Cake Photo

In summary, this cake is very cute and easy to make. The white part can be made with 1 1/2 scoops of cake mix, the orange part with 5 scoops, and the yellow part with 7-8 scoops. The cake mix can be mixed together with 1/4 cup of flour and followed the directions on the box. The icing can be made with one of those big containers of whipped white frosting.
missyciccolella
I have a Halloween Theme show today, and I made a "Candy Corn Cake" to bring to the host. I used our cake pans and checkerboard inserts (and various other tools) to create the white, orange and yellow rings, and then I frosted accordingly. I only used 1 cake mix so it is only a 2 layer cake. Once I cut it I hope I remember to take a photo of the inside and I'll share that later. I took a few photos and wanted to share.

I am very proud of myself as I do not consider myself a baker so this should prove ANYONE can do this! LOL:D

Attachments

• candy corn cake sept 07.jpg
    candy corn cake sept 07.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 615
  • candy corn cake 2 sept 07.jpg
    candy corn cake 2 sept 07.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 564
very cute.. do you think if i tried this in the batter bowl it would have more of a candy corn shape?

Great Job Missy!!! Very cute!! Don't forget to take a pic of the inside!!!:)

ginamkiely said:
very cute.. do you think if i tried this in the batter bowl it would have more of a candy corn shape?
You could certainly try! The top would be a little flat, but you could say the "tip fell off" or was eaten (LOL). I would put white in first, then carefully layer orange, and then top with yellow. I used the cake pan b/c I saw a photo from a email of one similar and it uses quite a few products.

One tip I'd like to share is make white cake, when finished with the white color, tint yellow and save enough for yellow and then tint to orange and use. It saves a step or 2.

Let us know how it turns out!

Very cute! I have a picture that I saved a couple of years ago to remind me to make that cake...just haven't done it yet! Thanks for reminding me.

Here is the picture, only cuz it shows the inside so others can see it!

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t24/KellyTheChef/CandyCornCake.jpg

missyciccolella said:
I have a Halloween Theme show today, and I made a "Candy Corn Cake" to bring to the host. I used our cake pans and checkerboard inserts (and various other tools) to create the white, orange and yellow rings, and then I frosted accordingly. I only used 1 cake mix so it is only a 2 layer cake. Once I cut it I hope I remember to take a photo of the inside and I'll share that later. I took a few photos and wanted to share.

I am very proud of myself as I do not consider myself a baker so this should prove ANYONE can do this! LOL:D
Missy~

How much of the cake mix did you have to leave white, and tint for the middle ring, and then for the outside ring? I really want to make this cake!

PLEASE post your "inside" picture and any tips for creating this cake, thanks!

Could you make the yellow part in a Prep Boiwl and put it on top of the Batter Bowl one to top it off?

KellyTheChef said:
Very cute! I have a picture that I saved a couple of years ago to remind me to make that cake...just haven't done it yet! Thanks for reminding me.

Here is the picture, only cuz it shows the inside so others can see it!

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t24/KellyTheChef/CandyCornCake.jpg

Thats cute... i'm thinking of using the fluted stone and making a pumpkin:)

Very cute!

Inside PhotosOK, the cake went faster than I could operate so the inside is not the most desirable of photos (plus I had to lesson the quality to upload so I'm not sure if it will look great on here). Anyway, here it is. Everyone loved it and said it was quite tasty (I haven't tried it yet... maybe for breakfast:angel: )

This is how I made it, and I'm sorry I didn't actually write down the amounts. I'll be making it again so I'll take better notes! :confused: From memory:
For the white part, I used about 1 1/2 scoops using the large scoop; about 5 scoops using the large scoop for the orange; and about 7-8 scoops of the yellow. Again this is memory so my numbers be off. I used a plain white cake mix (only 1 for a 2 layer cake) and added 1/4 cup of flour (this was the recommendation from the use and care card for a checkerboard cake), and then followed the box directions. For the icing I used one of those big containers of the whipped white frosting (may have been vanilla). I totally eyeballed the icing so I am absolutely no help there!

Recommendations: maybe use all 3 scoops next time as the large was a little difficult to scoop into the 2 outer rings. You will need to use a scrapper to help get the cake mix around the rings as well. Also, drop the pan on the counter a couple of times to even out the rings before you pull the insert out.

I hope that helps and enjoy! It was definitely a show stopper!

Attachments

• c cake inside 2 sept 07.jpg
    c cake inside 2 sept 07.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 451
  • c cake inside sept 07.jpg
    c cake inside sept 07.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 495
HijackHi Missy-where in VA are you????

I'm in the Woodbridge/Dumfries (Prince William County) area...only been here a few months so I'm not sure where Chesterfield is...

it is a suburb of Richmond, only 10 minutes away as the crow flies but worlds away as far as traffic, crime and the like!
I love the cake and am going to have to give my cake insert another try just to see how this turns out!

missyciccolella said:

You did such a nice job!!!! Looks great! :)

Great job on the cake, Missy! I love it! I'm going to have to make this for my kids' Harvest Festival at school - it will get a LOT of attention at the bake sale!! :)

Meg - my sister lives in C-field, too - wish she still lived closer to Philly, but oh, well. I still haven't done a show for her yet (just catalog shows!). I'll have to schedule a weekend down there with her and set up a show with her, huh?? :)

Thanks for the tips! The inside turned out well too!

This cake is TOO cool! I just got our cake pans with the insert. I had no idea that you could do a ring with it... I only thought you could do the checkerboard! Thanks for sharing!

chefmeg said:
it is a suburb of Richmond, only 10 minutes away as the crow flies but worlds away as far as traffic, crime and the like!
I love the cake and am going to have to give my cake insert another try just to see how this turns out!
I hear you on the traffic...we're a suburb of DC...5th worst county in the nation for commuting/traffic. Fun, fun!

Good luck with the cake insert...I'll probably try my hand a few other ideas...time will tell as I'm not a big baker.

I use easy accent decorators to fill mine

cathyskitchen said:
Great job on the cake, Missy! I love it! I'm going to have to make this for my kids' Harvest Festival at school - it will get a LOT of attention at the bake sale!! :)

Meg - my sister lives in C-field, too - wish she still lived closer to Philly, but oh, well. I still haven't done a show for her yet (just catalog shows!). I'll have to schedule a weekend down there with her and set up a show with her, huh?? :)
You bet-and when you do, let me know and maybe we can get together!

Too Cute!I don't have this pan yet, but am going to order it for sure! This is such a cute idea - thanks for sharing!!!!

I am definately going to get one SOON. I want to try it now.

1. What is the recipe for the Halloween Candy Corn Cake?

The recipe for the Halloween Candy Corn Cake can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in our Fall/Winter catalog. It includes a boxed cake mix, food coloring, and our Candy Corn Cake Pan.

2. How do I use the Candy Corn Cake Pan?

The Candy Corn Cake Pan is very easy to use. Simply prepare your cake batter according to the recipe and pour it into the pan. Bake as directed and let it cool before removing the cake from the pan. The pan creates 6 triangular layers that can be stacked to create the candy corn shape.

3. Can I make the cake without the Candy Corn Cake Pan?

Yes, you can still make a candy corn inspired cake without the Candy Corn Cake Pan. You can use a regular round cake pan and cut the cake into 3 layers. Then use food coloring to dye each layer orange, yellow, and white. Stack the layers to create the candy corn shape.

4. How can I decorate the Halloween Candy Corn Cake?

The possibilities for decorating the Halloween Candy Corn Cake are endless! You can use frosting, candy corn, sprinkles, or any other Halloween themed decorations. You can also get creative with the colors and designs on the cake.

5. Can I use the Candy Corn Cake Pan for other recipes?

Yes, the Candy Corn Cake Pan can be used for other recipes, not just for making a candy corn cake. You can use it to make brownies, rice krispie treats, or even a layered dip for a Halloween party. Get creative and have fun with it!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • janezapchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies