• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is There a Way to Get Half Price Items Counted Towards my Total Purchase?

In summary, the conversation is about frustrations with not receiving any benefits for selling half price items, particularly cookware sets. The group wishes that the half price amount would count towards sell-a-thons and incentives, and they discuss potential solutions such as having the host purchase the cookware at a discount and taking a lower commission. They also mention that other direct sales companies do not offer benefits for half price items, and that cookware is a long-term investment so it is not often sold at full price. Some members of the group have sold full price cookware sets, but it is not common.
jrstephens
OH I WISH THEY DID! I have a host getting the cookware and with this and other half price items I would be so CLOSE it not all the way to the $K.

I wish we got something for them at least.

I agree... after all, the only reason they get the 1/2 price item is because the show is higher and that should be a reflection on our work - host coaching, fun show, etc. Even if we didn't earn commission on them, I wish even the 1/2 price amount would count toward sell-a-thons, incentives, etc. Which committee from HO would make this recommendation? We needs to get a Cheffer on it...

Jennifer I know what you mean I just posted the same thing the other day I hae sold 2 sets of cookware in June and my friend is doing a show in July for cookware so 3 sets of it within a months time. Someone even suggested it going towards incentive points which is better then nothing if you ask me.

What is the amount of her show? If it's more than a $700 show, I'd say put the cookware on the host purchasing (the discount is 30%) and take her 50% from her. You lose out on commission (well it balances out) but you get the higher sales figures.

sailortena said:
What is the amount of her show? If it's more than a $700 show, I'd say put the cookware on the host purchasing (the discount is 30%) and take her 50% from her. You lose out on commission (well it balances out) but you get the higher sales figures.

It's a $400 show. But if it would put me to $3K I would be willing to do this. I will have to see how close I am.

Has anyone ever sold a full price set??? Not me! I so wish the half price counted!!! GRRRRR!

It is a bummer that we don't get something from it...incentive points would be good. However, all other direct sales companies...that I know of...makes the consultant pay for the half-priced item and they don't get commission on it either. So, we are better off in the long run. I have sold one cookware set at full price...the generation II set when it was being discontinued. Cookware is a lifetime investment...or at least an investment that lasts for many years...so, it is not often that people buy complete sets.

Tara1021 said:
Has anyone ever sold a full price set??? Not me! I so wish the half price counted!!! GRRRRR!

I have sold one. The host got it for full price under her husband's name and then got another set at half price for her mom.

Tara1021 said:

I SOOOOOO agree! Although I'm always excited for the host--it kills me to "sell" those at half price and not get ANYTHING for it!

I know what you mean, I just sold the 5 piece set at 1/2 off, wish they'd count them towards pts at least if even at 1/2 the points!!!

1. What does "Half Price Items Not Counting" mean?

"Half Price Items Not Counting" refers to the policy of Pampered Chef where any item purchased at half price during a sale or promotion does not count towards reaching the sales goal for host rewards or consultant commission.

2. Can I still earn host rewards or consultant commission if I purchase half price items?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards or consultant commission if you purchase half price items. However, the amount spent on these items will not count towards reaching the sales goal for those rewards or commission.

3. Do half price items count towards reaching the minimum purchase requirement for a party?

No, half price items do not count towards reaching the minimum purchase requirement for a party. The minimum purchase requirement must be met with full price items only.

4. Can I use my consultant discount on half price items?

Yes, you can use your consultant discount on half price items. However, the amount discounted will not count towards reaching the sales goal for host rewards or consultant commission.

5. Are there any exceptions to the "Half Price Items Not Counting" policy?

No, there are no exceptions to this policy. This applies to all sales and promotions where half price items are offered.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kristianne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • WLMcCoy
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • yankfan24