• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disappointed After My First Show: $353 in Sales

In summary, this first show yielded $353 in sales, with the potential of earning even more bookings through customer service follow up.
MichelleT
Well I had my first show tonight and it was no where near what I expected. I had 17 RSVP's + almost every one of them said that they were bringing a guest. Well 13 showed altogether. No bookings off of it. I think it's because I invited some people from my husband's work who had been to a different type of party this afternoon and were somewhat...lit. Anyway, only $353 in sale so far. :( I was seriously hoping for 20 or more people and that I might be close to qualifying. Oh well. Better luck next time I guess.

WOW!!! To have your first show have $353 in sales is terrific!!! It can be a little frustrating when you have a goal set for a show and it doesn't quite meet our expectation, but sit back and look at what did happen. Sales of $353 meen that you get paid $70.60!!! You have 13 customers to follow up with and you will NEVER have to do a first show again.

As far as bookings are concerned did you get a chance to ask each person in attendance if they would like to receive FREE product? If not my suggestion would be to call them back today and after an introduction of who you are say something like, "Thank you so much for attending Suzie's PC show last night. What did you enjoy the most? (wait for reply) I had a terrific time and it was a lot of fun to meet so many of Suzie's friends. Did you know that Suzie qualified for (insert amount of free/discounted product that she will receive)...How would that make you feel to receive FREE Pampered Chef products? (wait for a reply) I currently have this day or this day available which would work better for you? (Insert your next two available show dates and then wait for her to respond).

Perhaps by doing a little customer service follow up you could add a couple more bookings to your calendar and help the Hostess from this show have the opportunity to receive the Hostess Specials at her upcoming bookings.

CONGRATULATIONS on such a terrific show!!!

Holy Cow.. Thats a GREAT first show!!!! I havent had a show over 300 YET!! (granted Im still new).. But thats awsome!!! I offer booking incentives.. I've been offering the small bar pan as an incentive.. I send around a flyer that says if you book and hold a 300 show and keep that date.. I will enter yourname into a drawing and you will get that pan!!! Its worked.. everytime ive done it ive booked 3 shows.. and the pan is only 14 bucks plus with the discount.. its only around 10 bucks!! :p

Awesome Show!!THAT IS AN AWESOME START!!! MY FIRST SHOW WAS ON THE 29TH OF SEPT AND I WAS COMPLETELY SHOCKED BECAUSE IT TURNED OUT TO BE OVER $600. ($265.55) I WAS SO EXCITED AND IMPRESSED. (WITH MYSELF AND THE HOST) HA HA :) . I WASN'T EXPECTING THAT AT ALL. I WAS GOING TO BE HAPPY WITH $150.00 TO MAKE IT QUALIFY. THEN I TURNED IN A CATALOG SHOW THE NEXT DAY AND IT WAS $268.47. I ONLY HAVE TWO CATALOG SHOWS GOING FOR OCTOBER SO FAR BUT A COUPLE OF MAYBE'S ON KITCHEN SHOWS. I AM GOING TO TRY MY BEST TO GET THEM WITHOUT BEING TO PUSHY. I ONLY NEED $317 LEFT TO QUALIFY AND WANT THE SHOW TO GO STUFF TOO, BUT I GUESS WE WILL SEE HOW THINGS GO. I ALSO WAS WONDERING ABOUT OTHER INCENTIVES THAT ARE GOING ON TOO, BUT THAT IS IN ANOTHER POST, I GUESS. I WILL STOP TYPING NOW SINCE THIS IS GETTING A LITTLE LONG. HA HA :)

SEE YA ALL,
MEGAN

Customer Service is KEY!First - does your host have any outside orders? I'm still new as well, only doing 3 shows so far (however, my first month sales were over $1700), but I have noticed that the outside orders can really add up! Each show I've done so far had almost as much in "show" sales as "outside" sales. So, I would work that advantage.

Second - I am assumming you did the show evaluation cards. For every e-mail address you received on those (or on order forms) I have sent an e-mail to those people stating: "Thanks for attending Susie's Pampered Chef party last night. I hope that you had a wonderful time. Also, thank you for placing an order with me. I value your business and will work hard to earn it. Just wanted to drop you a quick note to say Susie's party will be open until (name a date and time), so if you would like to add to your order you may do so. Also, if you know of anyone else who couldn't attend the party but would like to order, I'm sure Susie would welcome the additional sales." Something along those lines. If they didn't order during the show, I would modify the e-mail to state the show would be open until XXX to place an order. I also say, if you would like to earn free products as well, book a show.

Hope this helps.

UpdateI didn't get any outside orders. I think it was because I invited everyone I knew to that first show. I think I was just dissapointed because it didn't go as I wanted, some of them, like I said were a little "happy" and were pretty loud, so I had trouble being heard by my other guests. Total in commisionable sales for the show was $372. My second show...no one showed! However, you're right about the outside orders, the host ended up getting over $200 in outside orders! I've done three shows, and I have 3 bookings, so I'm pretty happy with that. I'll qualify by the end of Oct. (I hope!) :)

What are some common reasons for low sales at a first Pampered Chef show?

There are a few potential reasons for low sales at a first Pampered Chef show. One possibility is that the host did not invite enough guests or promote the show effectively. Another reason could be that the guests were not familiar with Pampered Chef products or did not have a need for them at the time. It is also possible that the products showcased at the show did not appeal to the guests or were not properly demonstrated. Lastly, it could be that the guests were not in a position to make purchases at the time of the show.

What can I do to improve sales at future Pampered Chef shows?

To improve sales at future Pampered Chef shows, it is important to properly prepare and promote the event. This includes inviting a diverse group of guests, promoting the show through social media and word of mouth, and offering incentives for guests to attend. It is also crucial to effectively demonstrate and highlight the products, and to make sure the guests understand the benefits and value of the products. Additionally, following up with guests after the show and offering personalized recommendations can also help boost sales.

What are some tips for engaging guests and encouraging sales at a Pampered Chef show?

One way to engage guests and encourage sales at a Pampered Chef show is to make the experience interactive and fun. Encourage guests to participate in product demonstrations and offer them the opportunity to try out the products for themselves. Providing samples or offering special promotions can also pique their interest and encourage them to make a purchase. Another tip is to create a sense of urgency by highlighting limited-time offers or emphasizing the benefits of purchasing products at the show.

What should I do if I am not happy with my Pampered Chef show sales?

If you are not satisfied with your Pampered Chef show sales, it is important to first evaluate the potential reasons for low sales. As mentioned earlier, this could be due to various factors such as insufficient promotion or lack of interest from guests. It is important to discuss your concerns with your Pampered Chef consultant or team leader, who can offer advice and support on how to improve future shows. Additionally, reaching out to guests who attended the show and offering them personalized recommendations or hosting a follow-up event can also help boost sales.

Are there any resources or training available to help me improve my Pampered Chef show sales?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers various resources and training for consultants to help them plan and execute successful shows. This includes online training, workshops, and resources such as product guides and marketing materials. Additionally, your consultant or team leader can also provide guidance and support to help you improve your sales techniques and strategies. It is important to take advantage of these resources and continuously work on improving your skills to achieve better results at future Pampered Chef shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janicemccabepchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
brandynichoal
  • tinat51796
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
redprincess
Replies