• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated with Bad Leads: What to Do?

In summary, this woman received a lead from HO and called to get information on how to find her neighbor who is supposedly a consultant, but she doesn't know anything about her. The woman took down the woman's name and number.
chef131doreen
Gold Member
I received a H.O lead the other a week or so ago ,I called a she didn't wat to have a party she wanted me to join a Direct Selling group that gets together once a month for training networking ext , you have to buy 50.00 worth from each DS once a month example March ( party lite ) then each has a turn
She said this will give you a 600.00 a year I think not so smart I have to spend 600.00 a year on other products just to get a 600.00 show for myself . Not only that why would I want to train other people that are not on my team not even PC consultants .
All I really need to do is make I extra call a year to get a party and it would be FREE. Or invest in an expensive fair and get many leads
Anyway guess what I received a lead today IT WAS THE SAME PERSON .
She went back on the lead list and got me again .
I called PC , to tell them ...
OH and my last lead last month was a girl that was already a Pamperedchef consultant she wanted help with her Web-sit . Oh I really let her have it ,
I then called her director to let her know , her answer was oh she thought she was contacting tec support she joined in Oct so she is not that new
Very frustrating when the leads are all bad in a row ..

Make sure to keep letting HO know about these leads. I had one once where a customer was looking for her consultant who she ordered over $100 in products from and never got them. I was finally able to track the consultant down who was a director who dropped the ball!! I lost my lead to this director who had already made money off this customer.

I have called may times about these crazy LEADS , and will keep telling them
Thanks

My most recent HO lead was for someone wanting to host a show. I sent her a host kit, set her show up on my PWS and sent her an e-mail to request her guest list (and texted her in between, etc). A few days later she sends me an email telling me "something has come up and she has to cancel her show for now". She also had just "liked my FB page recently (I have a line in my email signature about my FB page). I clicked on her name and her page was public, and I see that she hadan event set up for a Tastefully Simple show on the same day her PC show was scheduled with me! Gggrrrrr!

You should click on the event and say your attending ,that should be funny

I feel your pain of getting several in a row as that has happened to me too. Unfortunately I don't know what HO could do about it. They could ask more questions but some of the leads would lie anyway.The problem is HO has no control over the context of the leads. Someone says they want to contact a consultant so they pass it on. How are they to know the lead is bogus? I have gotten many leads where they never return my call or don't even have contact info down or are trying to sell me something, etc but I have also gotten sales, bookings and recruits from leads. I still want them to send me leads and I am grateful for the good ones.

Beth is right, you have to take it all. If people only knew how this made them look though, they might think twice before going out there! Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, DUUUUUUUMB! The only alternative would be to stop it. The leads that is. And like anything else, figure 1/3 are real, normal people!

I had someone that put their email address as [email protected]. Took me a bit to figure that one out. Lol!!!

So I got a HO lead this morning and I called the lady and all she wanted was to locate her neighbor, who is apparently a consultant, but she doesn't know her last name, or her phone number, or anything, but wants to buy from her, not me. I told her I would try to help find the consultant... but all I have to go in is a name and a city. Yay!

so why doesn't she walk next door?

Teresa Lynn said:
so why doesn't she walk next door?

That's exactly what I was thinking while I was on the phone with her... but I didn't want to be rude and actually say that. Lol.... she took down my name and number just in case she can't locate her neighbor and wants to purchase from me.

Whatever.... lol.... maybe she will call.

vanscootin said:
So I got a HO lead this morning and I called the lady and all she wanted was to locate her neighbor, who is apparently a consultant, but she doesn't know her last name, or her phone number, or anything, but wants to buy from her, not me. I told her I would try to help find the consultant... but all I have to go in is a name and a city. Yay!

The most ridiculous lead I've had was from a lady who, while on vacation IN ANOTHER STATE, toured a house for sale, and the owner of the house was a PC cons. She gave her a catalog with her contact info, and the lady, now home from vacation, wanted more info on buying the house, but had lost the catalog. She called HO, and of course they couldn't help her (she knew the owners first name and city - common first name, large metro area) so she went into the lead system and said she was interested in purchasing. Ummm, she neglected to mention she didn't want PC, she wanted the house, And she was hoping that I would know who this consultant was. SERIOUSLY??? We aren't even in the same time zone, and HO couldn't help you, but I might know?

ChefBeckyD said:
The most ridiculous lead I've had was from a lady who, while on vacation IN ANOTHER STATE, toured a house for sale, and the owner of the house was a PC cons. She gave her a catalog with her contact info, and the lady, now home from vacation, wanted more info on buying the house, but had lost the catalog. She called HO, and of course they couldn't help her (she knew the owners first name and city - common first name, large metro area) so she went into the lead system and said she was interested in purchasing. Ummm, she neglected to mention she didn't want PC, she wanted the house, And she was hoping that I would know who this consultant was. SERIOUSLY??? We aren't even in the same time zone, and HO couldn't help you, but I might know?

Thanks for the laugh! :D

I'll have a few HO leads that don't lead anywhere, then a few that turn out great. It's all a numbers game. Just be sure that you're contacting those leads. You never know what might happen.

It's just frustrating when they won't even respond. I just got a lead a week and a half ago, wanting info on the business. I've left her 2 messages and sent a few emails--nothing. WHY bother if you don't really want the info? Sigh.

Amanda_RI said:
It's just frustrating when they won't even respond. I just got a lead a week and a half ago, wanting info on the business. I've left her 2 messages and sent a few emails--nothing. WHY bother if you don't really want the info? Sigh.

I had exactly the same lead about tha time (well, I'm sure not the same person). Wonder if it was the moon? I wasn't able to leave a phone message - I got the message "wait while we find...", music, then nothing every time I tried to call. My emails didn't come back to me but I didn't get a response either. What is wrong with people??

Beth you know darn well that is a topic we do not want to get into and that could possibly shut down Chef Success with a huge crash and burn! Way to extensive to even try!

I contacted my most recent HO lead last night about "purchasing products" only to find out that they really want a product adjustment. The QSP had a cracked bottom, so the son (purchaser) gave it back to the host, but now they can't reach the host. She is not returning calls and doesn't want to deal with the QSP, so that is why they are contacting HO.

Of course I told them I can't do anything for them with no receipt, and the person I spoke to didn't know the host name, etc. I did say I could help them order a new one, or give them the HO phone number.

sorry if this is a dumb question: How do you get HO leads for anything?

higoobs said:
sorry if this is a dumb question: How do you get HO leads for anything?

once you become a Team Leader you are eligible as long as you follow the requirements for the TL status

I just got one to "purchase products"... hate those ones, always something stupid like they dont want to pay shipping etc. This recent one "had a deal for me"! She was downsizing and had broken all of her stones over the years but had 6 metal racks for the stoneware and she would let me buy them from her for $10 if I would come and get them.... uhhhmmmm NO thank you.. I explained we dont sell the racks anymore and I would ahve no use for them. Plus HELLO if we did sell them why would I want to sell used ones where I make no money on them!!! She got made at me because "what is she supposed to do with them now?" How about recycle them, salvation army, trash???

PCJenni said:
I just got one to "purchase products"... hate those ones, always something stupid like they dont want to pay shipping etc. This recent one "had a deal for me"! She was downsizing and had broken all of her stones over the years but had 6 metal racks for the stoneware and she would let me buy them from her for $10 if I would come and get them.... uhhhmmmm NO thank you.. I explained we dont sell the racks anymore and I would ahve no use for them. Plus HELLO if we did sell them why would I want to sell used ones where I make no money on them!!! She got made at me because "what is she supposed to do with them now?" How about recycle them, salvation army, trash???

Jenni, that is the funniest thing ever! (although, sorry about the bum lead!) "What is she supposed to do with them now?" ROFLOL I can think of an answer that wouldn't be fit to print. *shaking my head* Some people!

StacieB said:
once you become a Team Leader you are eligible as long as you follow the requirements for the TL status

Not quite... there are a few extra, or greater, requirements to achieve HO leads beyond the TL requirements. All of them are detailed in the Policy Guide on CC.

NooraK said:
Not quite... there are a few extra, or greater, requirements to achieve HO leads beyond the TL requirements. All of them are detailed in the Policy Guide on CC.
Requirements to get HO leads:

1. hold title of TL or above
2. have submitted at least $1250 in 3 of the last 4 months
3. have recruited at least one person in that time period
4. have a PWS (Personal Website)

FYI. I heard that once the new web goes into effect, the home office leads as we know them are going to change. That anyone having $1250 in sales will be eligible for leads, regardless of their title.

chezshelly said:
FYI. I heard that once the new web goes into effect, the home office leads as we know them are going to change. That anyone having $1250 in sales will be eligible for leads, regardless of their title.

I think this is just a rumor. While Home Office leads can be great. You should never rely on them for business. They are just a little added cream to your coffee. That being said, I think it is important to keep them a perk to leaders. It gives you something to strive for and keeps you working your business to the fullest.

cookingwithlove said:
I think this is just a rumor. While Home Office leads can be great. You should never rely on them for business. They are just a little added cream to your coffee. That being said, I think it is important to keep them a perk to leaders. It gives you something to strive for and keeps you working your business to the fullest.

Plus, PC would want consistent business-workers to service the leads. Not someone who happened to have a great month! Sure, I'd love to have that perk, but if I am only working my business part-time and not consistently making that kind of sales number each month, why should I get rewarded with the leads or maybe I don't have the time or desire to take the leads (not saying that is my case, but I'm not at a "consistent" pace right now).

I had a lead in January. I emailed her the same day. I emailed again two days later, and tried to call, probably around 7 PM. Less than a week later I got a call from HO saying the lead was mad that I had called her at 1:30 AM!!! and she had to get up for work like at 3 AM. We are in the same time zone. I denied that I had done that and explained I had notes on the dates that I had emailed her with no response. Well, she was going to check with a supervisor to see what to do next (next??) and would call me back. Of course I had no call back, and was too flustered from being accused to have even gotten her name.After another day, I sent a nice email, once again, to the lead, stating there was some confusion and I did not and would never call anyone after 8:30 PM. I said I would still be happy to help her with her PC needs, and never heard back. It sounded like she wanted the lead reassigned to someone else so made this up about me. UGH!!

The world is full of CRAZY people!
smiley5287.gif

The trick is to not become ONE of them! ;)

Bren706 said:
My most recent HO lead was for someone wanting to host a show. I sent her a host kit, set her show up on my PWS and sent her an e-mail to request her guest list (and texted her in between, etc). A few days later she sends me an email telling me "something has come up and she has to cancel her show for now". She also had just "liked my FB page recently (I have a line in my email signature about my FB page). I clicked on her name and her page was public, and I see that she hadan event set up for a Tastefully Simple show on the same day her PC show was scheduled with me! Gggrrrrr!

I do like the idea of having your FB group page in your signature for emails. :chef:

My HO leads over the last several months have been TERRIBLE...I don't even get excited when I see them anymore, it's more like when I get a notification I say to myself, "what's the issue going to be now?" because I've been dealing so much w/ broken products, etc. One of my latest ones was a lady who wanted to order 4 sets each of both the large and small microcookers, she said she knew someone who did PC and when she called to order these items from the person she knew, she didn't call her back right away so she called me "just in case" the girl didn't call her back. Of course, I never heard back from her on it. :(

What level do you have to reach in order to get leads? I ask because a local girl posted on PC's FB page that she was interested in becoming a consultant. I replied, sent PMs, invited her to a cluster meeting, yanno...setting her up to recruit her. Then I guess she must've filled out the "need a consultant?" form because next thing I know, she's posting "I'm a consultant!" Somebody got to her before me. Y'all have an advantage with receiving leads from HO with that form.

ChefPeg said:
What level do you have to reach in order to get leads? I ask because a local girl posted on PC's FB page that she was interested in becoming a consultant. I replied, sent PMs, invited her to a cluster meeting, yanno...setting her up to recruit her. Then I guess she must've filled out the "need a consultant?" form because next thing I know, she's posting "I'm a consultant!" Somebody got to her before me. Y'all have an advantage with receiving leads from HO with that form.

You have to be a Team Leader status, with $1250 in sales 3 our of 4 months and recruiting 1 in those 4 months (specifics are in the policy). But it could be that she already had a consultant, or found someone else she knew?

Sorry you lost that one, but bless and release. It happened to me, and it can suck the wind out of your sails big time, but it won't change anything....except it can be a detriment to your own business to let it get to you (trust me, I know!). In my case, I lost a whole circle of shows too because they were going to go with their friend now obviously. That hurt worse for me. It left me with 0 shows! But I moved on. :)

I had a lead once from a lady who purchased over $100 from a consultant at a vendor show and a month later she didn't have her products. UGH!! I was nice enough to track down who it was so that they could take care of the customer they had already made commission on. Nothing for me!

I think HO could adjust how the "Find a Consultant" page is. For one- most people do NOT know the last name of who they are looking for! I understand they are trying to make it fair and spread the wealth....but if customers who are looking for a specific person would be able to put whatever information they remember, they can sort through the list and probably find the person they are looking for.For returns, they probably prefer WE deal with the headache vs them on purpose! hahah...but they could simply have a box that says "Do you have a Product Return you need taken care of?" If they check yes, then refer them directly to Customer Service, or give them the option of dealing with Customer Service or a local consultant.I'm sure there would be issues. who knows. For those of you who DO get leads, if you compared the good vs the bad, would you say overall, it's worth having though? I know the folks in our cluster have talked about how they just get orders out of the blue all of the time. One lady in December had over $400 that month. So is it more positive than negative to have the leads?

ChefPeg said:

As written by Beth in the above post:

It is always best to instruct requests on the PC FB page to go to the "Find a Consultant" link on the FB and/or .com page. The Facebook page is not a place to be marketing on own businesses.

Bobbi, yes for me, the good does outweigh the bad :). I will deal with the issues as I get them, because the online order leads add up as well. You just never know where it is going to lead you. In fact, like Beth, I was a Home Office Lead (5 years ago!).

Bren706 said:
As written by Beth in the above post:

It is always best to instruct requests on the PC FB page to go to the "Find a Consultant" link on the FB and/or .com page. The Facebook page is not a place to be marketing on own businesses.

Thanks for the info. But referring back to the situation I had, the young lady was local, like practically in my city, a 15-minute drive from my house. I wasn't marketing my business on PC's FB page, per se, just chatting her up, letting her know I was available if she had any questions and of local resources. Yeah, trying to reel her in, hoping she'd sign on under me. I can recruit too. And you say I should just hand her over on a silver platter to an HO lead?
If she was in a different city and/or state, I would have gladly referred her to the "need a consultant" link.

(btw, I am blessing and releasing...)

esavvymom said:
So is it more positive than negative to have the leads?

I view the pain in the butt leads/waste of a lead as the cost of getting the rest of the leads. If HO is going to feed me online orders, hosts and recruits, then I can pay them back by dealing with the person looking for the lemon & rosemary lotion we haven't sold in several years, the person who thinks their micro cooker has a lifetime warranty and can't believe it's so expensive now, the leads who never respond to phone calls and e-mails, etc.

I truly hope it's a rumor that doesn't come true that with the new web anyone who submits over $1250 will get leads. The company needs people representing it who are familiar with policies and are effective at recruiting.

Oh my goodness--a HO Lead actually called me back! LOL She's actually a recruit lead, which is good--but she took 2 weeks to return my phone call! I sent her some info after our very nice conversation--we'll see where it leads! :) (Pun intended. :) )

I have had two recruit leads in the last two days. I have called both and left voice mails, but have only heard from one (just now) via e-mail. Here is her response:

"thank you for your response!! i'm actually going to go another way with direct sales.. but i appreciate your time." Ggggrrrrrr!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • KCPChef
  • General Chat
Replies