• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make Gummy Worms with Apple Peel: A How-To Guide

In summary, to make gummy worms with apple peel, you will need apple peels, water, sugar, gelatin, a saucepan, a blender, gummy worm molds, and cooking spray. Any type of apple peel can be used, as long as it is clean and free from wax or pesticides. The process takes about 30 minutes, with an additional 2 hours for the gummy worms to set in the fridge. Food coloring can be added to create different colored gummy worms, and they should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, separated by wax paper to prevent sticking.
jazj10355
Does anyone know how to make gummy worms out of the apple peel that you get from the apple corer-peeler-slicer? I remember someone mentioned it to me once before but I forgot exactly how they said to make it.

Thanks,
Michelle

Haven't hear of that but I'd like to know too. Anyone know?

I don't know, but that sounds interesting. If you find out, please let us know!

Take apple peels from ACPS and put them into a ziplock bag. Add your favorite flavor of jello (dry) and shake well. Lay them flat on a round stone and bake at 250 for 35-40 min.

Oh that is too cute! Thanks for sharing!

Sugar Free Gummy WormsI've done this recipe with sugar-free Jell-O and it works out just fine, too. My kids love them, and I always mention it when I'm peeling apples at shows.

Are you serious?!? That just baffles me that you could make gummy worms... that is something I'll surely have to try! Do they turn out like store bought ones? I'm amazed...

What do they taste like? Interesting! Thanks for sharing!!

No, they don't look or taste like real gummy worms, but they're fun for the kids. They taste like strawberry sugar coated apples ;)

What materials do I need to make gummy worms with apple peel?

You will need apple peels, water, sugar, gelatin, a saucepan, a blender, gummy worm molds, and cooking spray.

Can I use any type of apple peel to make gummy worms?

Yes, you can use any type of apple peel, but make sure it is clean and free from any wax or pesticides.

How long does it take to make gummy worms with apple peel?

The process takes about 30 minutes, but the gummy worms need to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours before they are ready to eat.

Can I add food coloring to make different colored gummy worms?

Yes, you can add food coloring to the gelatin mixture before pouring it into the molds to create different colored gummy worms.

How should I store the gummy worms?

The gummy worms can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Make sure to separate the layers with wax paper to prevent them from sticking together.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahjmpc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Amanda c
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
PamperedChefTerri
  • its_me_susan