• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Guess That Bail Out - An Exciting New Game Show for Taxpayers!

I don't even know what to say.I'm happy our Decomcratic Senator is not voting for the new budget - go Evan Bayh!
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
It's an exciting new game show!

How much of your, your children's, your children's children's, and your children's children's children's tax dollars are going to get poured into the rat-hole that will be the next Bail Out Bill?

I don't think we could come close to guessing.. thay are talking about the second bailout already (but it will really be the third) That's right.. After this one goes out and has time to go into effect.. another one on its way.

does anyone have any better ideas....um...like again lowering taxes for the wealthy so they can "stimulate" the economy by paying illegal immigrants to do their dirty work?

anyone??

anyone??

(Pssst. This is a parody thread.)

Oh so sorry KG...thought it was your usual political banter. I'm a little slow tonight.

It does get to me though that there's a lot of criticism and whining (not so much here anymore thank God) but no real alternatives other than what's already been tried.

Again, sorry to get all hyper when you were joking.

I don't know but I wish someone would give ME permission to just INVENT a trillion dollars. I can't even fathom a trillion--can't count that many zeros. Just invented it like it's really there. Sheesh.

I know this thread is a "joke" - is it? - but I agree with Susan that instead of whining and saying things aren't being done right, how about our legislators come together to come up with some reasonable alternative ideas? I am so tired of both sides staying in their corners and criticizing the other side. Our votes gave a clear "WORK TOGETHER" agenda.

But remember, this is NOTHING like what happened with the Great Depression.....back then, the government borrowed a bunch of money to help get the nation out of debt and had no way to pay it back......completely different than today when the government is borrowing money to help get the nation out of debt and has no way to pay it back......wait, is this a game of Pete and Repeat???!@!??

c00p said:
But remember, this is NOTHING like what happened with the Great Depression.....back then, the government borrowed a bunch of money to help get the nation out of debt and had no way to pay it back......completely different than today when the government is borrowing money to help get the nation out of debt and has no way to pay it back......wait, is this a game of Pete and Repeat???!@!??

This would be funny:D....if it wasn't the reality.:cry:

I guess the Gov't has forgotten to learn from past mistakes.

BethCooks4U said:
I know this thread is a "joke" - is it? - but I agree with Susan that instead of whining and saying things aren't being done right, how about our legislators come together to come up with some reasonable alternative ideas? I am so tired of both sides staying in their corners and criticizing the other side. Our votes gave a clear "WORK TOGETHER" agenda.

It was supposed to be a parody of the Guest who bail out thread, but since you brought it up...

How about starting with cutting out all the pork that has absolutely nothing to do with stimulating the economy? Yeah, like that's gonna happen. What happened to all those promises to cut out pork? Nancy? Harry? Barry? You promised us no more pork and these bills all oink louder than the entire animal population in the state of Iowa.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
It was supposed to be a parody of the Guest who bail out thread, but since you brought it up...

How about starting with cutting out all the pork that has absolutely nothing to do with stimulating the economy? Yeah, like that's gonna happen. What happened to all those promises to cut out pork? Nancy? Harry? Barry? You promised us no more pork and these bills all oink louder than the entire animal population in the state of Iowa.

40% of the pork is there via the Republicans. It's not just one side.

ChefBeckyD said:
This would be funny:D....if it wasn't the reality.:cry:

I guess the Gov't has forgotten to learn from past mistakes.

Maybe, but they always say that history repeats itself.

I heard the debt is now $80,000 per household - how in the he** are we going to pay that back!! All the rich in the U.S. couldn't help pay that back! Even our own Warren.

I'm happy our Decomcratic Senator is not voting for the new budget - go Evan Bayh!

Anyone see that Whoopi Goldberg was mad about taxes going up?

Last edited:

This nonsense in Washington is fast becoming--if it has not already become--a runaway train. This started out as a temporary solution to a supposed temporary problem. Oops, not now.

KG I think this thread is too funny. Your title is what I thought the other one said. LOL

As to what the thread has become - be carefull, it could get heated. Though I'm sure we will all agree that there is WAY to much crappy spending in DC on both sides of the fence.

Fascinating...take a minute to read all the way through:

How Many Is a Trillion?

...So I started to think about numbers and their little trains of zeros that they carry along behind them. According to AskOxford.com, "If you are American, it (a billion) is undoubtedly 1,000,000,000. This amount is known to traditionally minded British people as `a thousand million' ...

"A trillion is then 1,000,000,000,000 ..." or a million million.

Even though there are lots of zeros there, it still doesn't really mean much, does it? But try saying some of these numbers out aloud:

"... at the close of business Friday, September 29, 2000, the Federal (US) debt stood at $5,674,178,209,886.86" that's, "Five trillion, six hundred seventy-four billion, one hundred seventy-eight million, two hundred nine thousand, eight hundred eighty-six dollars and eighty-six cents. [Congressional Record, Page S9601 - October 2, 2000]."

Still doesn't mean much?

Then try this little exercise ...

Bill Bryson (in his book, Notes from a Big Country) gives a fascinating illustration of just how much this is:

If you were locked in a vault and you could keep every dollar bill you initialled, (we're assuming that you initial one bill every second and that you don't need to eat, sleep or take comfort breaks!) do you know how long it would take you to make a million dollars?

Twelve days of non-stop effort would earn you a million dollars.

120 days would give you $10 million.

1200 days - $100 million. That's over three years to get a paltry $100 million ... Still a long way to go ...

After 31.7 years, you'd be a billionaire.

But wait, there's more ... we're still only at the billionaire stage ... Keep initialling, Kiddo!

After initialling a dollar bill every second without stopping, it would take you 31,709.8 years to get to your first trillion!

(From writeway101.com The Write Way, 4 October 2002)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ummm, in case you didn't notice, these figures aren't even current for the nation's debt. According to Treasury Direct, the total public debt outstanding for the United States of America topped ten trillion dollars for the first time as of September 30th, 2008. The total public debt outstanding? $10,024,724,896,912.49 and counting.

As of April 2008, Japan, Mainland China and the United Kingdom were the three largest holders of US Treasury Securities. Japan and China own a combined one trillion dollars plus of US debt, with Japan holding $592 billion and China holding $502 billion.

The ten trillion dollar figure works out to $32,895 for every man, woman and child in the United States.

So what's everyone so worked up about? What's another trillion in spending...it's gonna be OK, right?

Buckle up, people, we're in for a loooonnnggg ride.

Who is John Galt?

1. What is "Guess That Bail Out"?

"Guess That Bail Out" is a fun and interactive game that can be played with friends and family. It involves guessing different types of bail out recipes and ingredients in a limited amount of time.

2. How do you play "Guess That Bail Out"?

To play "Guess That Bail Out", one player will choose a bail out recipe and try to describe it to the other players without using the actual name of the recipe. The other players will have a limited amount of time to guess the recipe and its ingredients. Points are awarded for correct guesses and the player with the most points wins.

3. What types of bail out recipes can be used in the game?

"Guess That Bail Out" can use any type of recipe that can be made with Pampered Chef products, such as casseroles, desserts, dips, and more. It's up to the players to decide which recipes they want to use.

4. Can "Guess That Bail Out" be played with a large group?

Yes, "Guess That Bail Out" can be played with a large group of people. The more players, the more fun and challenging the game can be. It's a great game for parties, family gatherings, or team building events.

5. Is "Guess That Bail Out" suitable for all ages?

Yes, "Guess That Bail Out" is a family-friendly game that can be enjoyed by all ages. It's a great way to get kids involved in the kitchen and learn about different recipes and ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampermejolene
  • Madsen7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
twinchefs
  • PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies