• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Guess I Should Formally Introduce Myself :)

In summary, the speaker has been married for 6 years and has two daughters. They have moved frequently due to their husband's job, but hope to settle down soon. The speaker became a consultant for Pampered Chef in order to have adult conversations and recently developed an interest in canning. Their hobbies include music, camping, gardening, and record collecting. Their goal for their Pampered Chef business is to continue growing and sharing it with others.
Candice
My name is Candice and I have been married for 6 years in November to Eric. We have 2 beautiful little girls. Piper Raine who is 3 years old and Imogen Winter who is 18 months. They are exactly 20 months apart. How it worked out that way is beyond me, but it's kinda cool to say ;) I live in the Saint Louis area, but I have only been here a short while. We move a lot with my husbands job, unfortunately, but hoping the next move will be permanent since the kiddos will be in school soon.

I signed to be a consultant at the end of May, because I needed to get out of the house and have adult conversation every now and then. Being a stay at home mom is fabulous, but I need to talk to someone who can actually listen to me and understand what I am saying.

I am very determined to be successful at this, because I love it. I am having so much fun and I've barely started.

My family is very "hippie" if you couldn't tell by the kids names ;) We love music and go to every outdoor show we can with them. We love to camp and garden (we have a HUGE garden). We are avid record collectors and we shop locally and are involved in the local CSA! I am just recently starting to get interested in canning, so that may be my new hobby. Right now my hobbies are cake decorating, scrapbooking, reading, and music :)

That's about it for us...hope to get to know you guys better as I become more active in this community!

Candice

Welcome! You'll find some kindred spirits here who share some of your other-than-PC passions. Best wishes on your new business.

Candice said:
My name is Candice and I have been married for 6 years in November to Eric. We have 2 beautiful little girls. Piper Raine who is 3 years old and Imogen Winter who is 18 months. They are exactly 20 months apart. How it worked out that way is beyond me, but it's kinda cool to say ;) I live in the Saint Louis area, but I have only been here a short while. We move a lot with my husbands job, unfortunately, but hoping the next move will be permanent since the kiddos will be in school soon.

I signed to be a consultant at the end of May, because I needed to get out of the house and have adult conversation every now and then. Being a stay at home mom is fabulous, but I need to talk to someone who can actually listen to me and understand what I am saying.

I am very determined to be successful at this, because I love it. I am having so much fun and I've barely started.

My family is very "hippie" if you couldn't tell by the kids names ;) We love music and go to every outdoor show we can with them. We love to camp and garden (we have a HUGE garden). We are avid record collectors and we shop locally and are involved in the local CSA! I am just recently starting to get interested in canning, so that may be my new hobby. Right now my hobbies are cake decorating, scrapbooking, reading, and music :)

That's about it for us...hope to get to know you guys better as I become more active in this community!

Candice

Welcome Candice! We seem to have a lot in common.....

First - My good friend (and the person who recruited me to PC) is named Piper. I LOVE that name!

I'm kinda on the conservative hippy side. Actually, I refer to myself as a Crunchy Granola Mom. :D I love to do things like make my own cleaners (window cleaner, kitchen cleaner, laundry soap, etc...) and LOVE my garden! I have 6 varieties of tomatoes, 4 varieties of peppers, 2 types of onions, green beans, yellow beans, sugar snap peas, zucchini, 2 types of lettuce, and spinach this year. Oh, and strawberries, raspberries, and rhubarb. New this year are blueberry bushes as part of my landscaping around the house. (I was running out of planting space!) AND my herb garden. Chives, Rosemary, Basil, Cilantro, Parsley, Oregano, Marjoram, Mint & Lavender. I also like to shop locally - and LOVE all of the local Farmers Markets. I don't belong to a CSA yet...I keep thinking about it, but I grow so much myself, and love shopping the Farmers Markets and picking at the local orchards and farms...I haven't felt a huge need as of yet. Mostly, I like to eat whole and clean.

I love to both can and freeze. One thing I'd really like is a pressure canner. Right now, I have to freeze anything that would need a pressure canner to can. (vegetables and meats). I make my own salsa, and also can tomatoes, and peaches and applesauce.

Oh, and we also LOVE to camp! My husband and I have always camped and my son's first camping trip was when he was 3 months old. He's been a great camper ever since! He's 6 now, and measures time by the amount of time between camping trips!

Reading is a passion of mine...and I've recently taken up running...so those are my main hobbies besides cooking (my REAL passion!).

ChefBeckyD said:
Welcome Candice! We seem to have a lot in common.....

First - My good friend (and the person who recruited me to PC) is named Piper. I LOVE that name!

I'm kinda on the conservative hippy side. Actually, I refer to myself as a Crunchy Granola Mom. :D I love to do things like make my own cleaners (window cleaner, kitchen cleaner, laundry soap, etc...) and LOVE my garden! I have 6 varieties of tomatoes, 4 varieties of peppers, 2 types of onions, green beans, yellow beans, sugar snap peas, zucchini, 2 types of lettuce, and spinach this year. Oh, and strawberries, raspberries, and rhubarb. New this year are blueberry bushes as part of my landscaping around the house. (I was running out of planting space!) AND my herb garden. Chives, Rosemary, Basil, Cilantro, Parsley, Oregano, Marjoram, Mint & Lavender. I also like to shop locally - and LOVE all of the local Farmers Markets. I don't belong to a CSA yet...I keep thinking about it, but I grow so much myself, and love shopping the Farmers Markets and picking at the local orchards and farms...I haven't felt a huge need as of yet. Mostly, I like to eat whole and clean.

I love to both can and freeze. One thing I'd really like is a pressure canner. Right now, I have to freeze anything that would need a pressure canner to can. (vegetables and meats). I make my own salsa, and also can tomatoes, and peaches and applesauce.

Oh, and we also LOVE to camp! My husband and I have always camped and my son's first camping trip was when he was 3 months old. He's been a great camper ever since! He's 6 now, and measures time by the amount of time between camping trips!

Reading is a passion of mine...and I've recently taken up running...so those are my main hobbies besides cooking (my REAL passion!).

That's so wonderful! Our herbs never do well :( I don't know why. Our veggies are good though we only have 1 tomato plant, 3 cherry tomato plants, 3 cucumber plants, green beans, peas, acorn squash, 12 rows of corn, spinach, lettuce, radishes, garlic, sweet potatoes, green peppers, scallions, carrots, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, strawberries and blackberries :)

Piper's first camping trip was when she was 13 months, because she was a VERY high needs baby. I was wondering if I'd ever be able to get out of the house again. 13 months came around and we went to a 3 day music festival and the first night was horrible but the 2nd night was fine and we came home on the 3rd when we usually stay.

Imogen on the other hand was a very "easy" baby and we took her camping at 6 months and she slept better outside in a tent than she did at home.

We haven't been camping yet this summer, we've been way to busy. Hopefully we can get some trips in the fall when it's cooler here.

My brother in law lives in West Michigan. He graduated from Grand Valley and currently lives in Grand Rapids but his girlfriend is in Traverse City so he's up there a lot.

I have some friends who make their own stuff, but I haven't had the time to get into it. I use "green" cleaners though and Charlies soap for laundry. We cloth diaper so I am constantly ordering soap! I guess I make my own "windex" since I use a vinegar and water combo and wipe with newspaper.

I started to run too, since my goal is run a marathon, but then my ankle and knee got messed up :( I plan on running a 5K though a "turkey trot" in November. So I am excited.

Nice to see we have a lot of things in common :)

Candice said:
That's so wonderful! Our herbs never do well :( I don't know why. Our veggies are good though we only have 1 tomato plant, 3 cherry tomato plants, 3 cucumber plants, green beans, peas, acorn squash, 12 rows of corn, spinach, lettuce, radishes, garlic, sweet potatoes, green peppers, scallions, carrots, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, strawberries and blackberries :)

Piper's first camping trip was when she was 13 months, because she was a VERY high needs baby. I was wondering if I'd ever be able to get out of the house again. 13 months came around and we went to a 3 day music festival and the first night was horrible but the 2nd night was fine and we came home on the 3rd when we usually stay.

Imogen on the other hand was a very "easy" baby and we took her camping at 6 months and she slept better outside in a tent than she did at home.

We haven't been camping yet this summer, we've been way to busy. Hopefully we can get some trips in the fall when it's cooler here.

My brother in law lives in West Michigan. He graduated from Grand Valley and currently lives in Grand Rapids but his girlfriend is in Traverse City so he's up there a lot.

I have some friends who make their own stuff, but I haven't had the time to get into it. I use "green" cleaners though and Charlies soap for laundry. We cloth diaper so I am constantly ordering soap! I guess I make my own "windex" since I use a vinegar and water combo and wipe with newspaper.

I started to run too, since my goal is run a marathon, but then my ankle and knee got messed up :( I plan on running a 5K though a "turkey trot" in November. So I am excited.

Nice to see we have a lot of things in common :)

I live about 5 miles from GVSU!

My herbs never did well either, until I put them all in pots and planters. My herb garden is on my back and front decks. I use them for decoration too. :D

I grew corn one year, and it was looking like a bumper crop. I was so excited watching it ripen. One morning I told my husband that today would be the day to pick corn! I went out that morning to pick, only to discover that the raccoons had also decided it was the day to pick. :cry: They had broken down almost 6 rows of corn, and had peeled and eaten parts of almost every ear. I think we had 6 ears of corn. I've never grown it again.

Asparagus is something I'd like to research and grow....and Sweet Potatoes! I don't even know if we can grow those in MI...

1. How long have you been married and do you have any children?

I have been married for 6 years to my husband Eric. We have two beautiful daughters - Piper Raine who is 3 years old and Imogen Winter who is 18 months old. They are exactly 20 months apart.

2. How did you end up living in the Saint Louis area?

We move a lot with my husband's job, unfortunately. But I'm hoping our next move will be permanent since our kids will be in school soon.

3. What made you decide to become a consultant for Pampered Chef?

I signed up at the end of May because I needed to get out of the house and have adult conversation every now and then. Being a stay-at-home mom is wonderful, but I also need to talk to someone who can actually listen and understand what I am saying.

4. What are your hobbies and interests?

My family and I are very "hippie" - we love music and go to every outdoor show we can with our kids. We also enjoy camping and gardening (we have a huge garden). We are avid record collectors and we shop locally and are involved in the local CSA. I am also recently getting interested in canning, so that may be my new hobby. Right now, my hobbies include cake decorating, scrapbooking, reading, and music.

5. What are your goals for your Pampered Chef business?

I am very determined to be successful in this business because I truly love it. I am having so much fun and I've barely started. My goal is to continue growing my business and sharing the amazing products and opportunities offered by Pampered Chef with others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchef2008
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ChefEileen
  • kidzmom55
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Klc