• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilling Show Success: Tips & Ideas

In summary, the hostess wants to do a Grilling themed show and has a few ideas. She is looking for suggestions on what to do. Some ideas include using the grill pan/press, grilling chicken, grilled pizza, and grilled burgers and hot dogs.
MarineGurl020412
I did a show a week ago and got a booking from it. The hostess wants to do a Grilling themed show. SOOOOO I need tips and ideas to pull this off.

Make it similar to a Chicken Your Way, just grill chicken on grill. Also, use the veggie wedger and wedgie up a bunch of veggies, spritz with oil and sprinkle with rub or s&p, then toss in a stainless bowl with one of the sauces once done.

Another idea would be to grill a pizza using flatbread for the crust. Then you could use a sauce for the sauce, veggie wedger and mandoline for veggies, coarse grater for cheese, etc. and use the mega lifter to put it on grill & take off.

Great ideas above. Have you thought about using the Grill Pan/Press and calling it Thrill of the Grill? With the GP/P, you can grill year round without worrying about 1. burning the house down, 2. charing your expensive meat to a crisp or 3. the kids setting the house on fire while you're outside grilling!! :) I love grilling theme shows, but rarely use the outside grill.

She really wants to do an outdoor grilling theme. I am trying to pull some things together for her to look and so was can talk about how that would work. I have the grill pan and press but I am waiting on my rubs to arrive since some packages are being delayed (I am in Japan).

For dinner the other night, I used the veggie wedger on red potatoes, put them in a foil packet, misted with the oil mister, sprinkled with Greek Rub and 2 cloves of garlic put through the garlic press, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Put the packet on the grill to cook. Served with grilled chicken breasts with the greek rub & lemon juice, and the whole dinner was delicious.

I did chicken your way at a show last night along w/ the Mango Confetti Salsa, and Sold my first Grill pan at full price!!!!! I had only ever sold them to hostesses until tonight.

grilled pizza is always a hit! I just have them buy regular dough from the store....

You could also do grilled chicken, seasoned with Chipotle rub, along with peppers/onions in a grill basket, then serve fajitas!!
Additionally, you could then demo a simple salsa, using the salad choppers.

Or, you could just grill burgers and/or hot dogs, showing the grill tools. Create a beverage of some sort in the quick stir pitcher, use simple additions to display condiments, collapsible bowls for chips/pretzels, etc. Doesn't have to be "complicated" to show lots of products!!

Good luck with it! Grilling parties are great, because people tend to come in a "relaxed" mode anyway, and are ready to have fun!! Just make sure they do!! lol

Paula R. Lewis said:
You could also do grilled chicken, seasoned with Chipotle rub, along with peppers/onions in a grill basket, then serve fajitas!!
Additionally, you could then demo a simple salsa, using the salad choppers.

Or, you could just grill burgers and/or hot dogs, showing the grill tools. Create a beverage of some sort in the quick stir pitcher, use simple additions to display condiments, collapsible bowls for chips/pretzels, etc. Doesn't have to be "complicated" to show lots of products!!

Good luck with it! Grilling parties are great, because people tend to come in a "relaxed" mode anyway, and are ready to have fun!! Just make sure they do!! lol

Good suggestion. You could use the cool & serve tray for all the burger toppings/fixings - this is what I did all last summer whenever we'd have company, which in our house means grilling out and usually involves burgers.

I always use the skewers and dice chicken. I have ziplocs with the chicken and have people choose 4 of the rubs (pass around and they smell). Then you have four skewers of chicken and use the veggie wedger and put the onion, peppers, mushrooms and oil in the grill basket. Then for dessert I do grilled pineapple on the grill tray with ice cream. Everyone loves it and I lend my cool and serve tray to the host for her appetizers/dip n veggies.

You could make the Mango Confetti Salsa and grill chicken breasts with the Chili Lime Rub. At the end of the cooking time, grate some Monterey Jack cheese and put it on (well, that's what I do with the grill pan, but maybe just slice it if it's going over chicken on an outdoor grill.) Serve it with some black beans and rice or just a bag of tortilla chips. You can demo the pineapple wedger and use the Core & More on some strawberries and make a fruit platter on the C&S tray. The host could have some baby carrots and bell peppers already to serve on the other 1/2 of the tray. Maybe do a savory dip and a sweet dip to go with the veggies and fruit. Or....use the Veggie Wedger on red potatoes and put in the SS Mixing Bowl. Add 2 cloves of pressed garlic, 1 Tbsp of Italian Seasoning, and 1/4 to 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan, and 1/2 stick of melted butter. Mix to coat and put in grill tray or basket.

Man I WISH I could find red potatoes here. :( I am in Japan and we get locally grown potatoes so no reds.

Aw, that's too bad. :( You could still make the Italian Parmesan Potatoes w/ regular potatoes though. They just won't be as good. ;)

I miss fresh red potatoes. I use the frozen ones if I am making potato salad though.

Bumping...

1. What are some tips for grilling success?

To have a successful grilling show, it's important to prepare ahead of time. Make sure your grill is clean and at the appropriate temperature, have all necessary tools and ingredients on hand, and plan out your menu and timing. Also, don't be afraid to try new recipes and techniques to keep things interesting for your guests.

2. How can I keep my guests engaged during a grilling show?

One way to keep your guests engaged is to involve them in the grilling process. Have them help with preparation or even let them take turns grilling. This can make it more interactive and fun for everyone. You can also share interesting facts or tips about grilling throughout the show to keep their attention.

3. What are some creative ideas for grilling show themes?

Some ideas for grilling show themes include a "backyard BBQ" with classic grilling favorites, a "global grill" featuring different cuisines from around the world, or a "summer seafood" theme with grilled fish and seafood dishes. You can also incorporate a seasonal theme, such as a "fall flavors" or "holiday grilling" show.

4. How can I make sure my food is cooked properly on the grill?

Invest in a good meat thermometer to ensure that your food is cooked to the appropriate internal temperature. You can also use the "hand test" method, where you touch your thumb to each fingertip and feel the firmness of the muscle at the base of your thumb to determine the level of doneness for different meats.

5. How should I handle food safety during a grilling show?

Food safety is crucial when grilling. Make sure to keep raw and cooked meats separate and use separate utensils for handling each. Wash your hands frequently and avoid cross-contamination. Use a clean plate for serving cooked meats and never put cooked food on a plate that previously held raw meat. Also, always cook meats to their recommended internal temperatures to ensure they are safe to eat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • jpanzenhagen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
linzbeth
  • ckarasevic