• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilling For Beginners: Newbie Needs Help!

1/2 red onion 1/2 jalapeno pepper 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley 1 clove garlic, crushed Preheat your grill to medium heat, indirect cooking is best. Take the chicken out
pcjulie
So I'm doing my first grilling show in a few weeks and have no clue what to prepare.:eek: What's even worse is that it sounds like everyone coming (all men!) take their grilling very seriously and I could probably learn a thing or two from them. The only thing I've thought of is to prepare a few pieces of chicken with the rubs and have them try some samples of that. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!!!!

I actually had an idea for a grilling show...well a couples show...the guys would grill outside and the girls would bake inside. However, my husband was going to help me by doing the demo of the grill/BBQ stuff (since he loves the BBQ set) while I demo'd inside with the girls....

I think having them try the grilling tools is a great idea...have some chicken marinated and have them try it out....

Hubby grilled salmon fillets last night. He confirmed that the fish would have been totally shredded if he hadn't used the new Jumbo Turner!

Regardless of what you grill, you can incorporate the Ultimate Slice and Grate for topping prep.

Pick a cold salad that you or they can make.

I've been wanting to do a grilling show, but it just didn't pan out for me at the time. I'll have to try again this year. I hope yours goes great! :)

I recently did an invite for an April show and on it I put

Come and get your grill on
at XXXXX

Guys will bond over the grill!
Ladies will bond over chocolate!

I then put the date and other info.

I figure that I am going to do my regular demo with the ladies and give the tools to the guys to do the grilling.

How about a side of corn on the cob with herb butters... Casual Cooking p.7
premade, but they could use the corn cob nobs and butterer... and talk about the Silicone Oven Mitt, and the Chef's tongs... serve the corn on Simple Add. Rect. Platter, and WS...

You could get an inexpensive apron and have the "host" be your chef. Talk about the tools and the recipe, (you know how guys are sooo proud that they did the meal all by themselves) and have your host grill and say some things he likes about them. Make him earn his free products. You could push mother's day gifts, birthday, anniversary gifts during the grilling time.

I am not that great when it comes to grilling - that's my husband's domain.:) I've only done one grill show so far and what I did was make the deviled eggs with the Chillzanne server. I did talk about the grill tools and the hosts husband used them (I think) but I went from the standpoint of when grilling out, what kind of side dishes do you need?

This a fajita bar idea that was shared at my cluster meeting - LONG - but you get all the details on making a great grilling show! BTW the Margaritas at the end are awesome....I make them all the time.

Fajita Bar
(for 16 People)

1 large bottle of Italian Dressing
2 limes (fresh)
3 - pound bag of boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 green bell peppers
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 large Onion (purple or Vidalia)
16 small flour tortillas
16 oz. chunk of cheddar or colby cheese
salsa (medium or mild)
lettuce (iceberg)
Black olives (optional)
sour cream
2 medium size tomatoes
garlic

I bring the Southwestern Seasoning

Prep Time:

Marinate the thawed chicken breats in 1/2 the bottle of Italian dressing. The Stainless Steel bowls or Large Colander Bowl works well for this. Into the dressing marinade, I put an extra clove of garlic, using the garlic press and a capful of Southwest Seasoning. Squeeze juice of one lime using either the juicer or Citrus Press.

Clean all the veggies and put into the Large Colander Bowl for display.

Set the cheese in the freezer or refrigerator until you need it for the demo.

Put the sour cream in the Easy Accent Decorator.

Slice some of the olives ahead using the Egg Slicer. Keep them in a Prep Bowl until needed. Leave some unsliced as a demo.

Show Time:

You can either grill the chicken breasts, using the Grill Tools or cook the chicken breasts in the microwave using the Rice Cooker or Deep Dish Baker covering it with Press N' Seal to keep in the juices and prevent drying. The chicken will usually take 15-20 minutes in the microwave so marinade the chicken before the show and cook it as the first step in the demo. Discard the marinade after using it.

Slice the onion using the Ulitmate Slice N' Grate. Put the onion in the Cleaned Large Colander Bowl or Large Simple Addition Bowl.

Slice the peppers either with the Ultimate Slice N' Grate or the Chef's Knife. These go into the same bowl as the onions.

Pour the rest of the Italian Dressing over the whole thing and toss to coat.

Press in a clove or two of garlic and 1 Tablespoon of Southwest Seasoning.

Using the Juicer or Citrus Press, squeeze in the juice from the remaining lime.

Mix all of this with the Mix N' Scraper.

(You can use the Bamboo Board, Large Cutting Board or Simple Additions Large Platter to serve the chicken and veggies on.)

Using the BBQ tongs, grill the veggies when the chicken is done. You can use foil on the grill to keep the veggies from falling to the bottom of the grill. Don't forget to use the Grill Mitt while working on the grill. Take time while the veggies are cooking to talk about all our grill products. If you can't grill, cook the veggies in the oven using the large Bar Pan or cook on the stove top using the Grill Pan.

Into the Simple Additions pieces or the Chillzanne Rectangle Platter or Sectional, put the salsa, grated Cheese (using the Deluxe Cheese Grater), Shredded lettuce, slice olives, sliced tomatoes (with Ultimate Slice N' Grate or use the Hold N' Slice and Utility Knife. Show the cooks corer for the tomatoe stems. Set out the Easy Accent Decorator with Sour Cream and let the guests make their own Fajitas.

Poor Man's Margaritas

1 Bottle of Corona Beer (no substitutes)
1 bottle margarita mix
1 liter of 7 UP
2-3 shots of Tequila (optional)

Mix together in the Quick Stir pitcher. Use equal parts of margarita mix and 7 Up. slice up 2-3 limes and cut in half. Swipe the rim of a glass with the lime and dip in margarita salt. Put in ice cubes and pour margarita's over.

Love your fajita menu! Here's another idea for cooking the chicken...use our Professional Grill Pan. It will put the grill marks on the food and you can stay inside with the guests. Then the veggies can go right on the pan and you don't have to worry about slippage.

I have the great grilling cards.... if you want any of them, let me know so i dont have to type all of them out.

Grilled Spiced Bananas
Grilled Pineapple sundaes

Apricot Glazed Chicken
Barbecue Chicken Cobb Salad
Bistro Steak & Potatoes
Citrus-basil Salmon
Flank Steak al Carbon
Gourmet Stuffed burgers
Grilled Caprese Chicken
Honey mustard Glazed ribs
Lemon Herb Chicken
Margarita Grilled Shrimp
Swordfish with dill-caper sauce
vegetarian Panini sandwiches
vietnamese pork tenderloin salad
great grilled vegetables

You can also do some of the potato salads and put them in the chillzanes.

Thanks for all of the great ideas. I'm definitely thinking about trying the fajita recipe!

With the new Jumbo Turner out, have any of you thought about Fish Tacos? I make them all the time here and everybody loves them. Just grill some fish - could use the lemon-pepper rub, or something in the new fish cards. Squeeze on some lime & grill. Cut in slices, place on SA platter. Fish is soft so may want to use a spatula to serve with rather than tongs. Put out rest of taco type ingredients. With fish tacos, I like to do a sauce of the dill seasoning, sour cream, cilantro, minced onion - just experiment until you get it right....sooooo good. Put in EAD or bowl with the small bamboo spoon. Can use soft or hard taco shells.

Can I PLEASE get the recipie for the Barbecue Chicken Cobb Salad? Doing a show on Sunday and it would be perfect! Thanks!

Remember to say if you mess up "my apron says Pampered-not perfect" with a SMILE! also say im hoping to learn some tips from you grillmasters!!!if you point out that you dont know alot about grilling then they wont point out your messups!

pizza on the grill?
pcjulie said:
So I'm doing my first grilling show in a few weeks and have no clue what to prepare.:eek: What's even worse is that it sounds like everyone coming (all men!) take their grilling very seriously and I could probably learn a thing or two from them. The only thing I've thought of is to prepare a few pieces of chicken with the rubs and have them try some samples of that. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!!!!
Hi! why dont you try pizza on the grill. roll out the dough on the bakers mat, then put olive oil on the dough. place it on the grill. re-olive the top. make sure you keep the grill on low. Flip it over with the jumbo turner, add toppings and you are done! have fun and good luck!

I have a grilling show coming up, that will be a couples show. I suggested we let the men do the grilling to make it more comfortable for the non couples that will attend. Has anyone done a show with them seperated??? I am just curious if this has worked with anyone...having them seperated??? If I just send the men out to the grill and have them use the tools...then they will not get any instruction on the tools....so will they just sell themselves???

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

chefsarah19 said:
Hi! why dont you try pizza on the grill. roll out the dough on the bakers mat, then put olive oil on the dough. place it on the grill. re-olive the top. make sure you keep the grill on low. Flip it over with the jumbo turner, add toppings and you are done! have fun and good luck!
I always have great luck with pizza on the grill...in fct, we JUST had it for dinner at home tonight!

Let the guys play with their tools, and then bring them all together while they are eating and show them the cookware....the guys always love it when I tell them that the Exec Set is the Corvette of Cookware. It's got the Titanium, all the bells and whistles!

My shows with men present are always higher in sales...I encourage couples shows!:D

1. What is the best type of grill for beginners?

The best type of grill for beginners is a gas grill. It is easy to use, heats up quickly, and allows for precise temperature control.

2. How do I know when the grill is the right temperature?

A simple way to check the temperature of your grill is by using a grill thermometer. It should reach 400-450 degrees Fahrenheit for high heat, 350-400 degrees for medium heat, and 250-300 degrees for low heat.

3. What are the essential grilling tools for beginners?

Some essential grilling tools for beginners include a spatula, tongs, a grill brush, and a meat thermometer. These tools will help you safely handle and cook your food on the grill.

4. How do I prevent my food from sticking to the grill?

To prevent your food from sticking to the grill, make sure to properly oil the grates before cooking. You can also brush some oil onto the food itself before placing it on the grill.

5. What are some easy grilling recipes for beginners?

Some easy grilling recipes for beginners include grilled chicken or fish, grilled vegetables, and grilled burgers or hot dogs. You can also try marinating your proteins beforehand for added flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered2007
  • candiejayne
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lmradlein
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies