• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilling Nachos - Tips & Tricks to Avoid Burnt Chips

In summary, to prevent burnt chips on the grill, use thick and sturdy tortilla chips, lightly brush them with oil, and rotate them frequently. Any type of cheese can be used for grilling nachos, including shredded cheddar, mozzarella, or a blend of Mexican cheeses. To prevent toppings from falling off, evenly distribute them on the chips and use smaller pieces of ingredients. The best way to reheat grilled nachos is in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes. Grilled nachos can also be made on a charcoal grill, using a grill basket or aluminum foil to prevent the chips from falling through the grates. Adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
Has anyone grilled nachos? I have a host that wants to try it at her party. If so, what pan did you do it on? I would guess indirect heat? Did you cover the bottom with tinfoil? I'm worried about the nacho chips burning.

I think dannysmom did that just this week. Yes, I just checked and it was Caroyn. She made them on the BBQ pizza pan.

She used the Jerk chicken nachos recipe and added black beans. Grilled until the cheese got melty.

I'm thinking you could definitely make them either in the bbq pizza pan or on the beer can roasting pan w/o the can holder. No need to cover, as long as you close the lid. Indirect heat, just like doing a pizza. Sounds like a great idea!

1. How do I prevent the chips from burning on the grill?

To avoid burnt chips, make sure to use thick, sturdy tortilla chips. You can also lightly brush them with oil before grilling. Additionally, keep a close eye on them and rotate them frequently to prevent burning.

2. Can I use any type of cheese for grilling nachos?

Yes, you can use any type of cheese for grilling nachos. Popular options include shredded cheddar, mozzarella, or a blend of Mexican cheeses. You can also mix different types of cheese for added flavor.

3. How do I prevent the toppings from falling off the chips?

To prevent toppings from falling off, make sure to evenly distribute them on the chips. You can also use smaller pieces of ingredients, such as diced vegetables or shredded meat, to ensure they stay on top of the chips.

4. What is the best way to heat up leftover grilled nachos?

The best way to reheat grilled nachos is to place them on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes. This will help crisp up the chips and melt the cheese.

5. Can I make grilled nachos on a charcoal grill?

Yes, you can make grilled nachos on a charcoal grill. Make sure to use a grill basket or aluminum foil to prevent the chips from falling through the grates. You may also need to adjust the cooking time and temperature depending on your grill.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
carlajanes
  • erinpcmorgan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mscharf
  • Chef Stacy Edwards
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies