• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host a Summer Grilled Pizza Party with These Fun and Easy Ideas!

In summary, the author of the content suggests that guests make their own grilled pizzas at a summer show. There is a recipe for "Italian Style Grilled Pizza" on page 13 of the Casual Cooking, 3rd Edition book.
amybee
I am thinking of making this my theme for July shows. Has anyone made grilled pizza for a show?? Looking for some ideas!
I was thinking of making a pizza bar, where all the guest can make their own pizzas on the grill. I could demo food chopper, Ultimate Slice and Grate, and knives. And of course SA bowls and squares.

I don't know if this helps you or not, but I saw an episode of Food 911 on the Food Network awhile back and the guy made homemade pizza on the grill. Maybe you could check that website (foodnetwork.com) and see what you can find. I've gotten a number of recipes off the site. Good luck!

I just made pizza on the grill last night...it was amazing! Made it on our gas grill.

I rolled out a homemade pizza crust on the round stone (flour, yeast, warm water, salt and sugar...normal stuff), carefully rolled it up like you would a pie crust and rolled it back out on the grill grates. Did it over a low heat til the bottom was done, flipped it over and then added the toppings and cheese to the top (which had already cooked).

When it was done (about 10-15 minutes or so), I slid it back onto the large round stone and served it up..

The crust was crisp, but not burnt, and it was delicious!

I am definately doing this at my summer shows! What a WOW factor!

I have made three over the weekend. They were so good and crispy. Or maybe you could make idividual ones using the (sorry for the tool name) the one you use to make round sandwiches. Do just individual ones and they could put there own toppings on.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I figured a grilled pizza party would be a great way to get summer bookings. I will let you know it works out!

I did the cheat way of making crust...I simply used pita breads. Makes a good size for individual pizzas with no before hand cooking. Have guests top them, then use the Turner to put them on the gril. Medium to low heat and about 15 minutes.

pampered1224 said:
I simply used pita breads. Makes a good size for individual pizzas with no before hand cooking. Have guests top them, then use the Turner to put them on the gril. Medium to low heat and about 15 minutes.

There is a recipe for "Italian Style Grilled Pizza" on page 13 of Casual Cooking,

What is a grilled pizza party?

A grilled pizza party is a fun and interactive way to enjoy delicious pizza while also spending time with friends and family. Instead of baking pizza in the oven, the pizzas are cooked on a grill, giving them a unique and delicious charred flavor.

What are some fun and easy ideas for a grilled pizza party?

There are so many fun and easy ideas for a grilled pizza party! Here are a few suggestions:

• Have a variety of toppings available so guests can create their own custom pizzas.
  • Set up a DIY pizza bar with different sauces, cheeses, and toppings.
  • Serve a variety of side dishes and appetizers, such as grilled vegetables or a charcuterie board.
  • Offer a variety of drinks, including refreshing summer cocktails and mocktails.
  • End the party with a delicious dessert pizza, such as a s'mores pizza or fruit pizza.

Do I need any special equipment for a grilled pizza party?

You will need a grill, of course! It's also helpful to have a pizza stone or pizza grilling pan to ensure even cooking and prevent sticking. A pizza peel is also handy for transferring the pizzas to and from the grill. However, if you don't have these items, you can still make delicious grilled pizzas using a regular baking sheet and some aluminum foil.

Can I make grilled pizzas for a large group of people?

Yes, grilled pizzas are perfect for feeding a large group of people! You can easily make multiple pizzas at once by using the indirect heat method on your grill. Simply cook the pizzas on the cooler side of the grill, away from direct heat, and rotate them as needed for even cooking.

How can I make sure my grilled pizzas turn out perfectly?

Here are a few tips for making perfect grilled pizzas:

• Preheat your grill and pizza stone or grilling pan before adding the pizza.
  • Roll out your pizza dough thin and evenly to ensure it cooks through.
  • Use a generous amount of flour or cornmeal on your pizza peel or baking sheet to prevent sticking.
  • Don't overload your pizza with too many toppings, as this can weigh down the dough and make it difficult to transfer to the grill.
  • Keep a close eye on your pizzas while they're cooking to prevent burning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
linzground
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • sandilou
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies