• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilled Pizza Party

amybee

Nov 12, 2005
I am thinking of making this my theme for July shows. Has anyone made grilled pizza for a show?? Looking for some ideas!
I was thinking of making a pizza bar, where all the guest can make their own pizzas on the grill. I could demo food chopper, Ultimate Slice and Grate, and knives. And of course SA bowls and squares.

pcjulie

Aug 16, 2005
I don't know if this helps you or not, but I saw an episode of Food 911 on the Food Network awhile back and the guy made homemade pizza on the grill. Maybe you could check that website (foodnetwork.com) and see what you can find. I've gotten a number of recipes off the site. Good luck!

jwpamp

Veteran Member
Jan 13, 2006
I just made pizza on the grill last night...it was amazing! Made it on our gas grill.

I rolled out a homemade pizza crust on the round stone (flour, yeast, warm water, salt and sugar...normal stuff), carefully rolled it up like you would a pie crust and rolled it back out on the grill grates. Did it over a low heat til the bottom was done, flipped it over and then added the toppings and cheese to the top (which had already cooked).

When it was done (about 10-15 minutes or so), I slid it back onto the large round stone and served it up..

The crust was crisp, but not burnt, and it was delicious!

I am definately doing this at my summer shows! What a WOW factor!

krhodes74

Jan 23, 2006
I have made three over the weekend. They were so good and crispy. Or maybe you could make idividual ones using the (sorry for the tool name) the one you use to make round sandwiches. Do just individual ones and they could put there own toppings on.

amybee

Nov 12, 2005
Thank you all for your suggestions. I figured a grilled pizza party would be a great way to get summer bookings. I will let you know it works out!

pampered1224

Legacy Member
Silver Member
Apr 13, 2004
I did the cheat way of making crust...

I simply used pita breads. Makes a good size for individual pizzas with no before hand cooking. Have guests top them, then use the Turner to put them on the gril. Medium to low heat and about 15 minutes.

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
pampered1224 said:
I simply used pita breads. Makes a good size for individual pizzas with no before hand cooking. Have guests top them, then use the Turner to put them on the gril. Medium to low heat and about 15 minutes.

There is a recipe for "Italian Style Grilled Pizza" on page 13 of Casual Cooking,