• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe?

R
RachelNguyen
Hi all,

I am looking to add a grill recipe to my summer repertoire and I was hoping to find one here!

What I'd like is a salad recipe that includes grilled chicken. I found the cajun chicken salad recipe, which looks fantastic, but it calls for Cajun spices, which we no longer carry. I suppose I could do it with Emeril's cajun seasoning, right? Or do any of you have any other grilled chicken salad recipes to share?

Thanks!

Rachel

I love the Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza. It is from the "It's Good For You" cookbook. I love it because you can bake the crust ahead when you get to the hosts house, before the guests arrive. Then you just demo all the ingredients and there is no waiting for something to bake! It just calls for cooked chicken breasts, but you could surely use one of our rubs and grill them. This is one of my favorite PC recipes for summer. I make it alot because it is quick and easy and sooooo good!

Sorry - I just noticed you said Salad - not pizza. But this one is still good!

Attachments

• Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza.doc
    20 KB · Views: 343
Thai Chicken SaladIts in the Seasons Best. Its awesome! I never had it hot like it calls for. But we made the salad version and it calls for Poppyseed dressing, garlic, cucumbers, spinach, broccoli slaw and red peppers. You can surely grill up the chicken first and then dice it up for the recipe. I'm telling you its awesome.

Thanks, you guys! They both sound fantastic! I am putting together a collection of recipes for the summer and these seem like great choices!

Love,
Rachel

Tina is right - we had the Thai Chicken Salad at our cluster meeting and it is the best thing I have EVER eaten. I could have eaten it all....lol. It is on my list for summer shows!

Funny you should say thatbecause I make it for myself!!! lol w/o the chicken b/c its usually a last minute thing but its sooo great. I may make that for my next show.. but I dont have a Simple Additions to serve it in. I do have the colander set and the stainless bowls. What do you think? I dont have a chillzanne bowl :( but do have the rectangular.

I think the colander bowl would be fine, and it would stay nice and fresh...or the SS...or chillzane - doesn't matter! I might be tempted if I was you to use the chillzane or the SS because then you can talk about how those two bowls are upcoming host specials. (the exclusive BIG SS bowl !).

I am making this salad for a June show. I'm going to have alot of the prep work done before the show so the demo is fast. I am taking the ice-cream sandwich maker since it is the guest special and letting them make sandwiches for dessert!

Last edited:
Summer Cobb SaladThis was in Season's Best last spring. You can have it with or without chicken. I've made it at shows with chicken, and it's always a hit. At first people think, fruit in salad? But it's very yummy.

Summer Cobb Salad
Dressing: 1 orange, 1/4 c. honey, 1 1/2 Tbs. vegetable oil, 2 Tbs. rice vinegar or white wine vinegar, 1/2 tsp each salt & pepper
Salad: 2 pkg torn romaine lettuce, 1/2 medium cucumber, 1 1/2 c. strawberries sliced, 1 large carrot-julienne cut, 1/2 c. toasted pecan halves chopped, 1/4 c. sliced red onion, 1/4 c. grated radishes, 1 c blueberries

For dressing, zest orange to measure 1 tsp zest. Juice orange to measure 1/3 c juice. Combine zest, juice, honey, oil, vinegar, salt & pepper; whisk & set aside.
For salad, arrange lettuce over bottom of SA large bowl. Remove seeds from cucumber using corer. Thinly slice, and cut slices in half. Slice strawberries using egg slicer. Cut carrot with julienne peeler, cut slices in half. Chop pecans with food chopper.
To assemble salad, arrange cucumber slices in a row diagonally across lettuce. Arrange blueberries and strawberries on either side of cucumber. Repeat rows with carrot, pecans, onion, and radishes. Drizzle with dressing; toss using bamboo spatula, and serve.

It uses lots of tools and as Rachel Ray would say: Yum-O!:D

You're right Cindy.. the SS will show off nicely how to mix up the salad or even serve in it. I can use the Chefs Tongs to have them serve themselves so they can play w/ the tongs too. :) Great idea!

Do you give your hosts a choice of a menu or do you just say I'm going to make.. such and such?

Lady - that salad sounds good :)

1. How do I make a grilled chicken salad?

To make a grilled chicken salad, you will need to marinate and grill chicken breast until fully cooked and then slice it into bite-sized pieces. Then, toss the chicken with a variety of vegetables, such as lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and any other desired toppings. You can also add in some cooked grains, such as quinoa or brown rice, for added texture and nutrition. Finally, drizzle your favorite dressing over the salad and toss to combine.

2. Can I use a different type of seasoning instead of Cajun spices for the grilled chicken?

Yes, you can definitely use a different type of seasoning for the grilled chicken. Some popular options include Italian seasoning, lemon pepper, or garlic and herb seasoning. You can also create your own marinade using your favorite herbs and spices.

3. How long should I marinate the chicken before grilling?

It is recommended to marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat. However, you can marinate it for longer, up to 24 hours, for even more flavor. Just be sure to keep the chicken in the refrigerator while marinating.

4. What are some other toppings I can add to my grilled chicken salad?

There are so many different toppings you can add to your grilled chicken salad, depending on your personal preferences. Some suggestions include avocado, roasted bell peppers, corn, beans, feta cheese, and nuts or seeds for added crunch.

5. Can I use a gas or electric grill instead of a charcoal grill for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a gas or electric grill to make a grilled chicken salad. However, keep in mind that the flavor may differ slightly from using a charcoal grill. It is important to make sure the grill is preheated and the chicken is cooked thoroughly before adding it to the salad.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • sabrina oden
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • kimbub