• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grill Press: Can I Use It on My Outdoor Grill?

In summary, the Grill Press is a versatile tool that can be used on both indoor and outdoor grills. It is made of durable cast iron and can withstand high heat, making it perfect for creating grill marks on food. It is also dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended for best results. The Grill Press can be used for more than just grilling meat, as it is suitable for cooking a variety of foods. To season it, simply coat it with vegetable oil and bake it in the oven.
gailz2
Gold Member
I do not own the Grill Press, but had a customer ask if she could use it on her outdoor grill--I know that it goes well with the Grill Pan. She can use it on her grill, right?

I know it says dishwasher safe, but I have always heard that you aren't supposed to use soap or anything on cast iron, b/c it is porous and absorbs soap and chemicals(similar to a stone).

It says it has an enamel coating on it for easy clean up so I am assuming that that is why the cast iron is dishwasher safe.

thanks beth, that makes sense.

1. Can I use the Grill Press on my outdoor grill?

Yes, the Grill Press is designed to be used on both indoor and outdoor grills. It can withstand high heat and is perfect for creating those classic grill marks on your food.

2. Is the Grill Press dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Grill Press is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and to prolong the lifespan of the product.

3. What material is the Grill Press made of?

The Grill Press is made of cast iron, which is known for its durability and heat retention properties. This makes it perfect for grilling and searing food on both indoor and outdoor grills.

4. Can I use the Grill Press for more than just grilling meat?

Absolutely! The Grill Press can be used for a variety of foods, including vegetables, sandwiches, and even quesadillas. Its weight and flat surface are perfect for pressing and cooking a wide range of dishes.

5. How do I season the Grill Press?

To season the Grill Press, simply coat it with a thin layer of vegetable oil and place it in a 350°F oven for an hour. This will help prevent rust and create a non-stick surface for cooking. Repeat this process as needed to maintain the seasoning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
baychef
  • JanisF
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • chefheidi2003