• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! My Sister's Grill Press Smashed Her Panini Bread

In summary, To prevent your grill press from smashing your panini bread, adjust the tension on the press according to the thickness of the bread and use a lighter touch when pressing down. The press can be used on any type of bread, but make sure to adjust the tension and use a gentle touch. When using the press, place it on top of the bread evenly and avoid pressing too hard or at an angle. If the bread still gets smashed, try using thicker bread or adding a layer of foil or parchment paper for cushioning. The grill press can also be used for other types of sandwiches, just remember to adjust the tension and use a gentle touch.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
My sister told me the other day she hates her grill press because it smashed the bread when she made a panini. Any suggestions I can give her?

LOL....uh - it's going to do that. But the press is heavy. It's not a TRUE Panini maker in that regards. She can try using a thicker or denser bread and put more filling/toppings in the middle. A denser bread may not squish as much too. Before I got my press, I just carefully put a pan lid over the top of the sandwich- so one side cooked but my sandwich wasn't smashed. Then I'd flip. Reminder her though that the grill press is used for other things too...so don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. ;)

The grill press makes a good bacon press. It works best if you line up the ridges with the bacon instead of placing them crosswise.

The press is very heavy & squishes most foods too much for my liking - chicken, pork, burgers, paninis included :pSorry, no tips from me...... but I'll be watching for them myself!

Just as Bobbi said, your sister just needs to use different bread - not your basic wheat or white. The grill pan is my new favorite p chef product. I have been making the grilled chicken, and then the next night we have chicken quesadillas. Yum!

doughmama said:
Just as Bobbi said, your sister just needs to use different bread - not your basic wheat or white. The grill pan is my new favorite p chef product. I have been making the grilled chicken, and then the next night we have chicken quesadillas. Yum!

Ditto, Patty!! I love my grill pan/press combo!! Use it at least 2 to 3 times a week.

1. How can I prevent my grill press from smashing my panini bread?

To prevent your grill press from smashing your panini bread, make sure to adjust the tension on the press according to the thickness of your bread. You can also use a lighter touch when pressing down on the bread to avoid smashing it.

2. Can I use the grill press on any type of bread?

Yes, the grill press can be used on any type of bread. Just make sure to adjust the tension and use a lighter touch when pressing down on the bread to avoid smashing it.

3. Is there a specific way to use the grill press to avoid smashing my panini bread?

Yes, to avoid smashing your panini bread, make sure to place the press on top of the bread gently and evenly. Avoid pressing down too hard or at an angle.

4. My panini bread still got smashed even though I adjusted the tension. What could be the problem?

The problem could be that the bread was not thick enough to withstand the pressure from the grill press. Try using thicker bread or placing a layer of foil or parchment paper between the bread and the press to provide some cushioning.

5. Can I use the grill press for other types of sandwiches besides paninis?

Yes, the grill press can be used for other types of sandwiches such as grilled cheese or quesadillas. Just make sure to adjust the tension and use a lighter touch when pressing down on the bread to avoid smashing it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cmcchef
  • JanisF
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • kitchendivinity
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies