1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Grill press ... ON THE GRILL???

1. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

My neighbor approached me recently about buying a grill press. Only thing is, I have a sneaking suspicion he wants to use it on the grill.

Silly question, I know, but is he setting himself up for warranty problems if he presses his burgers over an open flame?

2. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

It's enamel coated cast iron, I wonder if there's a way to find out for sure if that gets harmed when used over an open flame? Maybe e-mail the test kitchens? Really, it's being used on the meat, but is surrounded in the high heat of the grill, especially if they close the lid. But maybe that's just fine? I think the only time flames would touch it would be if as they press it initially on the meat, the grease drips and triggers the flames to flare up.

Jun 3, 2009
  3. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

the PIG says NOT to use it on the grill because of the enamel coating... so I would say that it would definitely void the warranty if he used it on the grill

Jun 3, 2009
  4. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

oh, okay...I didn't know the PIG. :blushing:

Jun 3, 2009
  5. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I just looked it up on CC... Just quoting, not lecturing :balloon:

Jun 3, 2009
Have something to add?