• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grill Press ... on the Grill???

In summary, a grill press is a kitchen tool made of cast iron or heat-resistant material used for grilling food. It is placed on top of the food while cooking to create grill marks and promote even cooking. It can be used for a variety of foods and should be cleaned with a damp cloth and mild soap.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
My neighbor approached me recently about buying a grill press. Only thing is, I have a sneaking suspicion he wants to use it on the grill.

Silly question, I know, but is he setting himself up for warranty problems if he presses his burgers over an open flame?

It's enamel coated cast iron, I wonder if there's a way to find out for sure if that gets harmed when used over an open flame? Maybe e-mail the test kitchens? Really, it's being used on the meat, but is surrounded in the high heat of the grill, especially if they close the lid. But maybe that's just fine? I think the only time flames would touch it would be if as they press it initially on the meat, the grease drips and triggers the flames to flare up.

the PIG says NOT to use it on the grill because of the enamel coating... so I would say that it would definitely void the warranty if he used it on the grill

oh, okay...I didn't know the PIG. :blushing:

babywings76 said:
oh, okay...I didn't know the PIG. :blushing:

I just looked it up on CC... Just quoting, not lecturing :balloon:

1. What is a grill press?

A grill press is a kitchen tool used for grilling food. It is typically made of cast iron or other heat-resistant material and has a flat surface with a handle. It is used to press down on food while grilling to help cook it evenly and create grill marks.

2. How do you use a grill press on the grill?

To use a grill press, preheat your grill to the desired temperature. Place the food on the grill and then place the grill press on top of the food. Apply gentle pressure to the press, being careful not to crush the food. Allow the food to cook for the recommended time, then remove the grill press and flip the food if needed.

3. What are the benefits of using a grill press?

Using a grill press can help cook food more evenly by pressing it down and creating more contact with the grill. It can also create grill marks for a more visually appealing dish. Additionally, the weight of the press can help prevent food from curling up while cooking.

4. Can a grill press be used for all types of food?

Yes, a grill press can be used for a variety of foods, including meats, vegetables, and even sandwiches. It is especially useful for grilling foods that tend to curl up or cook unevenly.

5. How do you clean a grill press?

To clean a grill press, allow it to cool down completely before handling. Use a damp cloth to wipe off any food residue, and then dry it thoroughly. If there is heavy residue, you may need to use a mild soap and water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials, as this can damage the surface of the press.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SonyaVerrillo
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • dwyerkim
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • PampChefJoy