• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grill Pizza Ideas for the Adventurous Host

In summary, there are many delicious and unique toppings that can be used for grilled pizza, such as BBQ pulled pork, pesto and shrimp, grilled vegetables, Thai chicken, and even a breakfast pizza with sausage and eggs. Get creative and try out different combinations to find your new favorite grilled pizza!
jdwakes
I have a recipe for for a southwestern chicken grill pizza, but my host is not too thrilled about it. She doesn't want to do traditional pizza toppings - something different. Any ideas for grill pizzas?

pizzasThe All The Best cookbook has a recipe for Tangy Grilled Chicken Pizza. It's cooked in the oven but I'd think you could do it on the BBQ. Also, it uses the Grill Pan to pre-cook the chicken - this could also be done on the BBQ. It has chicken, ketchup, cider vinegar, Pantry BBQ seasoning mix, garlic, red onion, olives, parsley, and three cheeses - Colby, Monterey Jack and Parmesan.

In the Casual Cooking cookbook there is the Italian-style Grilled Pizza. It has mozzarella and parmesan cheese, plum (roma) tomatos, basil, olives, olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, and salt & pepper. This has the directions to cook it on the BBQ. It looks really easy - mix all the ingredients, grill the top side of the crust (after brushing with garlic and oil), turn the crust over, put on the toppings and grill till cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.

I'm sure you can make any type of pizza and adapt it to the bbq. Just add your own toppings. How about look at the takeout menu from a favorite pizza joint and make one of them?

Hope this helps, Linda

There are so many delicious and unique toppings you can use for a grilled pizza! Here are a few ideas to try:1. BBQ pulled pork: Instead of using traditional pizza sauce, top your pizza with some tangy BBQ sauce and shredded pulled pork. Add some red onion and cilantro for extra flavor.2. Pesto and shrimp: Spread a layer of pesto on your pizza crust and top with grilled shrimp, sun-dried tomatoes, and feta cheese. This combination is bursting with Mediterranean flavors.3. Grilled vegetable: Use the grill to cook up some of your favorite veggies, like zucchini, bell peppers, and eggplant. Top your pizza with the grilled veggies, some crumbled goat cheese, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.4. Thai chicken: Marinate chicken in a mixture of soy sauce, ginger, and garlic, then grill and chop it up to use as a topping for your pizza. Add some peanut sauce, sliced red peppers, and chopped peanuts for a unique and tasty pizza.5. Breakfast pizza: Who says pizza is just for dinner? Grill up some breakfast sausage and scrambled eggs, then top your pizza with these breakfast staples along with some cheddar cheese and green onions. Perfect for a weekend brunch!I hope these ideas inspire you to get creative with your grilled pizza toppings. Happy grilling!

What are some unique toppings for grilled pizza?

Some unique toppings for grilled pizza include grilled vegetables such as bell peppers, zucchini, and eggplant, as well as BBQ chicken, pineapple, and even sliced apples and brie cheese for a sweet and savory combination.

How do I prevent my grilled pizza from sticking to the grill?

To prevent your grilled pizza from sticking to the grill, be sure to generously oil the grill grates before placing the pizza on top. You can also sprinkle cornmeal or semolina flour on the bottom of the pizza crust before grilling to create a non-stick surface.

Can I use a store-bought pizza dough for grilling?

Yes, store-bought pizza dough can be used for grilling. Just be sure to let the dough come to room temperature and roll it out thin before grilling. You can also make your own pizza dough using our Pampered Chef pizza dough recipe for even better results.

How long should I cook a grilled pizza?

The cooking time for a grilled pizza will vary depending on the heat of the grill and the thickness of the crust. Generally, it should take about 5-7 minutes on each side for a thin crust pizza and 10-12 minutes for a thicker crust pizza. Be sure to keep an eye on it and rotate as needed to ensure even cooking.

Can I make a dessert pizza on the grill?

Yes, you can make a delicious dessert pizza on the grill! Try using a cinnamon sugar or chocolate chip pizza crust and top with your favorite fruits, such as sliced bananas, berries, or even grilled peaches. You can also add a drizzle of honey or chocolate sauce for an extra decadent touch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefChris
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
carlajanes
  • chefsteph07
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies