• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grill Pan vs. Knife Block: Choosing the Right Kitchen Investment | 60% Off Sale!

In summary, the Grill Pan is better than the Knife Block set for taking to shows, but the Knife Block set is better for everyday use.
lauriedip
trying to decide on investing in grill pan or knife block with 60% off.
do you guys that have either , actually take them to shows? they would be so heavy but I don't want to buy anything that I won't use and show and get more sales for.
thanks for the info.
laurie

grill pan!!!

I have the knife set, I don't have the grill pan. I would never take the knife block to shows, but I do take several of the knifes with me. From this months special, I had a host credit to use, I chose the 7 piece stainless steel set. My second choice would have been the 12" family skillet. I like the grill pan, but I feel I can do more with the other pans.

I have both,but wished i'd gotten the 12 family skillet also

I use my knives at shows a lot more than my grill pan. Mostly just due to recipe selection. I love the grill pan, but I'm not a great cook with it. I don't know why, but I just am not talented at cooking a big piece of meat. I'm great at sauteing things and making the meat go in a casserole or some other recipe. But just a slab of meat, I just can't seem to do a good job. Even though I don't take the block to shows, I love to take the 5" and 7" Santoku knives, the utility knife, and a paring knife. People love to see them in person and get a feel for them.I use knives every day. But the grill pan, only occasionally. Now, if someone could come to my house and teach me how to cook with it better, I might change my mind. :D

It really depends on what you think you'll use most. I actually use my knife block pretty much every day. However, if you're talking about taking it to shows, the Grill Pan is probably the best idea. If you'll indulge me for just a moment, when I read the thread title I thought, "The Grill Pan would sooooo take the Knife Block in a fight." Thank you for your indulgence. LOL!

Personally for the value the knife block set would be the item to get at 60% off. Even though you may not take the entire set you can take a few to each show. I always have the kitchen shears, honer and about 3 knives at each show.

It really depends on what you think you'll use most. I actually use my knife block pretty much every day. However, if you're talking about taking it to shows, the Grill Pan is probably the best idea.

If you'll indulge me for just a moment, when I read the thread title I thought, "The Grill Pan would sooooo take the Knife Block in a fight." Thank you for your indulgence. LOL!

Knives!! :love:

My vote would be knives. If you are getting them as part of a 60% host special from doing your own show (which I hope you are), then it's one of the BEST ways to get them for the best price. And you'll be using knives in nearly every show...just take what you need (not hte whole block). Leave the rest at home. :)I have the last edition grill pan, and the current grill press. Like a few others, I don't use it that often. I am so spoiled by my George Foreman because it cooks from BOTH sides...that I don't use it for meat that often. I use it for sandwiches and such, but I'm not crazy about it. Thankfully, I bought it used from someone on here, so didn't spend that much. :) if someone could show me how to use it, maybe I'd feel differently too!BTW- If you aren't buying one of those at the 60% host discount from doing your own show, don't forget, April is Kit Enhancement month for everyone- we can get 40% off anything in the catalog (up to $500 retail price).

I just hosted my own show and got the knives myself!! I'm THRILLED with them!!

I absolutely love my knives!!!! (Not a fan of the block though, it's pretty, but my knives wobble too much in it!)

raebates said:
It really depends on what you think you'll use most. I actually use my knife block pretty much every day. However, if you're talking about taking it to shows, the Grill Pan is probably the best idea.

If you'll indulge me for just a moment, when I read the thread title I thought, "The Grill Pan would sooooo take the Knife Block in a fight." Thank you for your indulgence. LOL!

Hey Rae - wanna play Knife/Pan/Shears? :D:D

I agree though - I'd get the knives. What a great deal! Even if you don't use the block!

I just got the knives too. I did a quick catalog show so that I could get them. Awesome deal!

You just said Knife Block, so I was assuming you meant just the block. If you're talking about the entire set, I change my vote to KNIVES!

Knives, hands down! For all of the reasons above!

Another vote for the knife block set. :thumbup: You'll get more use out of the knives at shows than you ever will with the grill pan. Even if you don't bring the entire block set, you can, and will, use at least one knife at every show.

I have the grill pan, and I don't like it at all. I don't think the ridges are high enough to get really good grill marks without it still sitting in liquid. I stopped using my grill pan a long time ago and switched back to the cast iron grill.

Knives! I've taken my Grill Pan to maybe 1 show.Sandi

Definitely the knives. It's the best value for your money.

Thank you! I guess I know what the majority think! My husband really wants the knives so he will be happy.I already have several of the knives plus the shears so that's why I was trying to decide. My director loves the grill pan but most others don't. As usual, I suppose it depends on each person.

The KNife block and knives, thank you!

I too vote for the knives. That is an amazing deal! You can always hav a show and get it to at least $300 to get the grill pan (which I love) at 50% off which isn't that much of a difference for the pan but would be for the knife bolck set.

Congratulations.

ChefBeckyD said:
Hey Rae - wanna play Knife/Pan/Shears? :D:D

Pan smashes Knife Block. Knife Block swallows shears. Shears scratch Grill Pan. It could work. :p

1. What is the difference between a grill pan and a knife block?

A grill pan is a cooking tool used for grilling food on the stovetop, while a knife block is a storage tool for kitchen knives. They serve different purposes in the kitchen.

2. Can a grill pan be used as a substitute for a knife block?

No, a grill pan cannot be used as a substitute for a knife block. The grill pan is not designed to hold knives and it may damage the blades.

3. Is a grill pan more versatile than a knife block?

No, a knife block is more versatile than a grill pan. A knife block can hold multiple types and sizes of knives, while a grill pan is limited to grilling food.

4. Do I need both a grill pan and a knife block in my kitchen?

It depends on your cooking habits and needs. If you frequently grill food on the stovetop, a grill pan is a useful tool to have. But if you have a variety of knives and want to keep them organized and easily accessible, a knife block is essential.

5. How do I clean and maintain a grill pan and a knife block?

A grill pan should be cleaned with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. It should be dried immediately and seasoned with oil to prevent rusting. A knife block can be cleaned with a damp cloth and mild soap, and the knives should be washed separately. To maintain a knife block, make sure it is completely dry before storing knives and periodically clean out any debris or dust that may accumulate inside.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
  • robochick84
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies