1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Grill pan & press

1. bostonbelle

bostonbelle Member

I got mine yesterday & was SO excited!! I tried it with filleted pork chops last night. It was ok. Right now I am cooking hamburgers. And I gotta say... I'm not impressed :( I get a lot of juices & the meat is simmering in the juice. Much prefer my SS pans. Am I doing something wrong? I *really* want to like it & sell CYW.

Help!

Oct 22, 2010
  2. akggirl

akggirl Member Gold Member

Try fish or chicken and see how those turn out... I didn't love my grill pan at first either, but now I do! :)

Oct 22, 2010
  3. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

I have been trying to love my grill pan for 2 years now.

In the end ... I find that I like it much better for lower-fat meats like chicken or pork. Much easier to clean.

For burgers, I break down and bust out the Foreman. (I know, sacrilege, darling!) And for steaks, I prefer the broiler.

Oct 22, 2010
  4. pattybrady

pattybrady Member

The first thing I did in mine was burgers and I hated it for the same reason--too much juice/grease and the ridges weren't deep enough to hold the meat up out of it. But then I did chicken breasts in it and I was totally sold! Best chicken I've ever cooked. I agree that it is ideal for lower fat/juice meats. I have pork chops and steaks to try on it next. I also tried the Barbecued Salmon from 29 Minutes and it was excellent.

Oct 23, 2010
  5. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I like mine best for panini sandwiches and quesadillas.

If I'm going to grill any kind of meat - I'd much prefer to do it on our charcoal grill. I use it for the CYW shows, but I don't use it much that way at home. Occasionally to quickly cook shrimp, or bratwurst.

Oct 23, 2010
  6. BlueMoon

BlueMoon Advanced Member

oh, my. I love my grill pan and press. it's new, got it for cyw, and the first night tried it with thighs. with bones. the press is like an accellerator. yummy food fast. If it's quick its for our family.

Did my first cyw party last night. lots of things were weird about the party, like they would barely let me talk. Everyone came in knowing what they want. Next time I'm sending a cyw flyer first. Still, sold a press, and that woman decided to book so she can get the grill pan at 50% off.

Oct 23, 2010
  7. bostonbelle

bostonbelle Member

Went to the grocery store today & got some fresh chicken breasts. They'll be on the menu this week. Fingers crossed that Chicken MY Way is a winner. ;)

Oct 27, 2010
  8. mountainmama74

mountainmama74 Advanced Member Gold Member

I had a host let me use her 60% off, so my grill pan should be here this week. I'm submitting my own show this week too, so I'll get the press with that. I'm really excited to have them and offer CYW at my November shows!

9. Pamperedva

Pamperedva Member Gold Member

As mentioned above, I also use my grill pan for things like fruit - have you ever grilled cantelope - it is soo sweet and yummy, panini, quesidilla's, brats, chicken, pork, burgers - grease never bothered me. I also stir fry my veggies for the brats after I have cooked them, great flavor addition to the veggies. Come to think of it, I very rarely use oil/spray on my pan and it washes great.

As far as the press is concerned, I sold mine after I realized I couldn't use it on Direct heat. I already owned a Cast Iron Press before PC came out with one. Mine is round. I love the fact that I can put it on the open flame to keep it hot while assembling my Panini and Quesidillas.

Honestly, I love my grill pan so much that it is totally seasoned from so much use!

Oct 28, 2010
Have something to add?