• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prevent Food Burning on Your Grill Pan: Expert Tips and Tricks

In summary, the conversation discusses a customer who is having issues with their new grill pan. The experts suggest that the issue may be caused by the heat being set too high and advise the customer to turn it down. They also mention using the grill pan in the oven and share recipe ideas, such as "grilled" peaches and chicken nuggets dipped in crushed potato chips. The conversation ends with the experts expressing their love for the grill pan and recommending it to others.
Chef Laurie
I have a customer who just got the grill pan and said she's having a problem with the food burning because the fat goes to the bottom of the pan. I don't have one of these pans, so I didn't know what to tell her. Any suggestions?

I love my grill pan and don't see this problem - I think she may have the heat set too high. Have her turn it down a bit.

Good luck!

dianevill said:
I love my grill pan and don't see this problem - I think she may have the heat set too high. Have her turn it down a bit.

Good luck!

LOL!!! I was JUST gonna say the same thing....
I use mine 4 times a week & have NEVER had a problem. I also demo mine in the oven as well its over a year old & still looks GREAT!!!:D :D :D

I love my grill pan too. I have never had this happed either. Sounds like she is cooking too hot.

Also, is the food really burning, or is she referring to the grill marks? ;)

If the food is actually burning, then I would have to agree she is cooking at too high a tempature.

I absolutely love my Prof Grill pan. I cannot wait to retire it to my daughter's hope chest and get the executive one.

Ginger428 said:
LOL!!! I was JUST gonna say the same thing....
I use mine 4 times a week & have NEVER had a problem. I also demo mine in the oven as well its over a year old & still looks GREAT!!!:D :D :D

Oooooh, what do you put in the oven for a demo? I would love some ideas. I did Panini sandwiches at a show in September and booked 2 shows just for the cookware, but of course I didn't use the oven.

I use my pan for "grilled" peaches. Oh so good!

Used my grill pan tonight to make Rib Eye steaks. YUM!!!!

Nothing burned, either. :)

I love, love, love my grill pan too. Just got it a few weeks ago and use it every night. I think it's even better than the outside BBQ!

dianevill said:
Oooooh, what do you put in the oven for a demo? I would love some ideas. I did Panini sandwiches at a show in September and booked 2 shows just for the cookware, but of course I didn't use the oven.

I use my pan for "grilled" peaches. Oh so good!

1-1 1/2 lbs Thick boneless chicken breasts
1 bag of Lays BAKED sour cream & onion potato chips
2 eggs

whisk up eggs for dipping
cut up chicken in nugget sized pieces
crush up potato chips ( I start in the bag they come in, then put them in a baggies & use the meat tenderizer to cruch them some more)

Oven at 400....dip chicken in eggs then potato chips put in the Grill Pan. Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes. Turn them out on a SA plate & wipe pan clean with paper napkin.....have some sauces on side....IE..honey mustard, ranch,bleu cheese.....:D

I'm gonna have to try those chicken nuggets. I bet the kids will love them knowing they're dipped in potato chips!

Thanks Ginger!

dianevill said:
I'm gonna have to try those chicken nuggets. I bet the kids will love them knowing they're dipped in potato chips!

Thanks Ginger!

ENJOY!! They come out GREAT!:cool:

1. How do I prevent food from sticking to my grill pan?

To prevent food from sticking to your grill pan, make sure to preheat the pan before adding any food. You can also lightly grease the pan with cooking oil or spray before adding food. Additionally, using a non-stick grill pan or adding a layer of aluminum foil can also help prevent sticking.

2. What temperature should I set my grill pan at?

The temperature for your grill pan will vary depending on the type of food you are cooking. However, a good rule of thumb is to preheat your pan on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes before adding food. You may need to adjust the heat as you cook to prevent burning or sticking.

3. How can I prevent food from burning on my grill pan?

To prevent food from burning on your grill pan, make sure to keep a close eye on the heat and adjust as needed. You can also try using a marinade or sauce to add moisture and prevent burning. Flipping the food frequently and using a timer can also help prevent burning.

4. What are some tips for cleaning a grill pan after use?

To clean a grill pan, let it cool down before washing it with warm, soapy water. For tougher stains, you can soak the pan in hot water and dish soap before scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge or brush. Avoid using steel wool or harsh cleaners as they can damage the non-stick coating on the pan.

5. Can I use metal utensils on my grill pan?

It is not recommended to use metal utensils on a non-stick grill pan as they can scratch or damage the surface. Instead, opt for silicone, wooden, or plastic utensils to avoid damaging the pan. If you must use metal utensils, be gentle and avoid scraping or dragging them on the pan's surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• trps
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • JanisF
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • ChefMommyof3Boys