• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grill Pan and Press - Cooking Steak

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of a grill pan and press for cooking steak and chicken. The participants share tips for achieving a grilled taste, such as making sure the meat is completely dry before cooking and preheating the pan. They also discuss cleaning methods and whether the pan is safe for use on different types of stove tops. Suggestions from Saveur and Circulon are mentioned as well.
JanisF
Gold Member
I have a customer who lives in a building where she can't have a BBQ, but loves BBQ steak. She bought the grill pan and press, but so far she finds that the steak tastes more boiled than grilled. Does anyone use their grill pan for steak? Do you use the press, and if you do, do you leave it on for the entire time or just for a minute or two?

She loves using the pan and press for Panini's, she just wants to master her steak. She also loves that the pan is easy to clean, but hates cleaning the press.

Any cooking tips for steak and/or chicken?

Be sure that the meat is completely dry before adding it to the pan. If it is wet you end up steaming it instead of grilling it.

I agree with the completely dry. If liquid from the meat starts collecting at the bottom I'll pour it out and return to cooking too.

I've found it easiest to clean both the pan and press while still hot. Can usually get it clean with just a brush then.

I have a customer that wants to make sure the grill pan is ok for on a flat stove top. Can anyone answer this?

So, I think I found the answer: "Cookware may be used on a glass or ceramic cooktop, electric coil or gas burner range. Do not use on induction cooktops. For gas stoves, flames should not extend beyond the base of the cookware. Always match diameter of cookware to glass top and ceramic cook top burner diameters and position the vessel centrally over the burner. Glasstop and ceramic cooking surfaces should be clean and free of food residue (consult appliance manufacturer’s instruction manual before first use)."

Not only should your beef be dry, but at room temperature. Preheat your pan so it will sizzle when you put the steak on it. Also pre-season it and let it sit for 10-15 minutes with the salt or rub on the exterior.

Saveur's idea

Circulon's idea

What is a grill pan and press?

A grill pan and press is a versatile kitchen tool that allows you to cook steak (or any type of meat) on the stovetop with the added benefit of creating grill marks and pressing the meat for even cooking.

How do I use a grill pan and press to cook steak?

To use a grill pan and press for cooking steak, simply preheat the pan on medium-high heat and lightly oil the surface. Place the steak on the pan and use the press to press down on the meat for a few seconds. Flip the steak and repeat the pressing process. Cook to desired level of doneness.

What type of steak is best for cooking on a grill pan and press?

Any type of steak can be cooked on a grill pan and press, but it is best to use cuts that are less than 1 inch thick to ensure even cooking. Some popular options include ribeye, sirloin, and filet mignon.

Do I need to season the steak before cooking it on a grill pan and press?

Yes, it is recommended to season the steak with salt, pepper, and any other desired seasonings before cooking it on a grill pan and press. This will enhance the flavor of the meat.

How do I clean and care for my grill pan and press?

To clean your grill pan and press, use a non-abrasive sponge or brush with warm, soapy water. Do not use metal utensils on the pan as it may damage the non-stick coating. The press can be washed in the dishwasher. After cleaning, make sure to dry the pan and press thoroughly before storing. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or harsh chemicals on the pan and press.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • PamperedchefDaly
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • shelly.nurse