• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grill Basket Recipes: Ideas Needed!

In summary, this weekend someone compiled some recipes for the grill basket and any ideas are welcomed.
Brandi2007
Has anyone compiled some recipes for the grill basket? I have a regular customer that is looking for different ways to use hers. Any ideas are welcomed!

Toss veggies or shrimp with oil and then use any one of our seasonings. The possibilities are endless!This weekend I did the following: cut up a bunch of red potatoes, put them in the batter bowl and filled with water. Microwaved on high for 10 mins. Then I drained them, tossed with olive oil and our rosemary herb seasoning and then put in the grill basket on the grill until they were nice and golden. Roasted potatoes without heating up your house!

DebbieJ said:
Toss veggies or shrimp with oil and then use any one of our seasonings. The possibilities are endless!

This weekend I did the following: cut up a bunch of red potatoes, put them in the batter bowl and filled with water. Microwaved on high for 10 mins. Then I drained them, tossed with olive oil and our rosemary herb seasoning and then put in the grill basket on the grill until they were nice and golden. Roasted potatoes without heating up your house!

What a Fabulous IDEA!! I've got to try this, thanks!! :D

I love mine! I use it often this way. I gave her a sheet of recipes when she purchased the DCB so she was wondering if I may have something similar for the grill basket. I will share this with her and give her a start though! Thanks!

Bell peppers and onions for fajitas are great for it too!

A great idea for summer time veggies is to cut up sqaush, zuchinni, onion and bell peppers put them in a ziplock baggie pour in some balsamic vinegarette, olive oil and italian seasoning...shake, dump into basket and grill!! I do this just about everytime I use my grill...very easy and YUMMY!!

I have roasted any kind of veggie I can find in the past couple of months with my grill basket. Just did asparagus on Sunday with olive oil, salt & pepper-YUM!
I need to get out my PC spices and try those!

Here's what I got from Darla O...

have been having the host pick up a pineapple, show off the Santoku knife (you can cut a pineapple in under one minute) and put it in the grill basket. When grilled - the sugars in the pineapple caramelize and it is so refreshing! This is a great recipe along with the BBQ pork tenderloin sandwiches. No heating the oven/house. Pam Nourbakhsh

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Something to try or share with asparagus in the grill basket.... lightly toss in olive oil and sprinkle with just a dusting of sugar (flour sugar shaker)over all. It gets a caramelized flavor! must watch careful as to not burn it- so I add the last couple of minutes. WONDERFUL!! Got from food network next chef competition- Bobbie Flay was impressed ;)

My most popular grill show-- individual flour tortilla pizzas. They all make their own. WE cut up peppers, onions, olives, grate cheese as an interactive part, and use Canadian bacon, pepperoni, sausage for meat choices. 5 minutes on a grill gives you wonderful thin n crispy crusts! Fajitas would work well using the grill basket as well. Yvonne Mattson

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just this past weekend, I cut up veggies (about 8 cups)...zucchini, peppers, red onion, quartered mushrooms and put them in a bowl. Drizzled with about 1/4 cup of our Garlic infused canola oil and about a tablespoon of Italian seasoning. Put it in the grill basket and grilled for about a half-hour. AWESOME!!!

Did that on Sunday, then yesterday I took about 2 pounds of asparagus, drizzled with about a tablespoon of oil, and grilled in basket. Again...awesome! Karan Radcliffe

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just did a couples grill party this past Friday night, the host grilled up chicken breasts ahead of time and we did the Colossal salad as a demo. I passed around the grill basket and grill tools for everyone to see how nice they are and sold 15 baskets to 20 people, plus all sorts of grill tools and

basting bottles. DON'T feel you need to actually grill in front of people, they know the concept and just love to hear your tips! Keep it simple! Paula Gubine Brockner

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Banana Split Sundaes on the grill is MUCH easier than it sounds like. The idea alone gets people to come to the shows because they are so curious.

Take chunks of banana, cherries, pound cake and pineapple and alternate them on our skewers. Brush with melted butter. Grill for 2 minutes on each side. Scoop 1 scoop of ice cream into a bowl then slide 1/2 of the ingredients on the skewer onto the ice-cream. Top with chocolate, nuts, cool whip, etc.

"Grilled Strawberry Shortcake." The guests made all kinds of yummy noises as they were eating it!!!

Store bought Angel Food Cake cut into wedges. Strawberries, capped and washed. With a small amount of moisture left on the strawberries, toss them in a bowl and shake sugar over them. Toss to evenly coat with sugar. Put strawberries on skewers. Place on hot grill for 2 minutes on each side.

The will caramelize to perfection!!!! Brush angel food cake wedges on both sides with melted butter. On a Hot grill toast cake for about 30 seconds to 1 minute max on each side.

To serve - Place cake on plate, slide strawberries onto cake then top with cool whip. Michele Houseworth

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have been hearing of people taking French Fries and tossing them in the Grill Basket with some seasoning and cooking them on the grill. What's better to kids than a burger and fries?! Do them all on the grill - quick and easy.

I also took potatoes with the skins on, sliced them and some onion. Tossed them with Basil Canola Oil and 1 T Italian seasoning and put them in the Grill Basket over low heat for about 20 minutes. They were so flavorful and great with the pork chops that we had. I added a tossed salad and walla, dinner was served!

Pizza on the Grill is also a popular Grill Show. Try using corn tortillas for individual pizzas. A little pizza sauce, their favorite veggie and meat toppings, cook them a bit then add grated cheese, cover the grill and let that melt and your pizzas are done.

Thank you! I have a host who is SET on making the "shrimp in the basket" in the catalog. I had no idea what to do but now I have some ideas.

The shrimp in the catalogue is just Jamaican Jerk Rub and oil :)

Just want I needed today. I have a show tonight were the hostess wants a bbq show and I've never done one before. I feel I'm ready know. I'm a little worried about all the kids tha should be there. The hostess set this up as a playdate/PC party. HELP!

Ida, you will be FINE! The kid will probably be off playing somewheres - just prepare yourself that there might be interruptions by kids.

I did a BarBQ Show last night - and it was really fun!

Bumping...

1. What types of food can I cook in a grill basket?

Grill baskets are versatile and can be used to cook a variety of foods such as vegetables, seafood, and even small pieces of meat. You can also use them to grill delicate items like fruit, tofu, and shrimp.

2. How do I prevent food from sticking to the grill basket?

To prevent food from sticking, make sure to lightly coat the grill basket with oil or cooking spray before use. You can also brush oil directly onto the food before placing it in the basket. Additionally, flipping the food frequently can help prevent sticking.

3. Can I use a grill basket on a gas or charcoal grill?

Yes, grill baskets can be used on both gas and charcoal grills. Just make sure the basket is compatible with your specific grill and follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper use.

4. Are there any safety precautions I should take when using a grill basket?

It is important to use oven mitts or heat-resistant gloves when handling a hot grill basket. Make sure to also use tongs or a spatula to flip the food in the basket, rather than using your hands. Always keep a close eye on the grill while cooking and use caution when removing the basket from the grill.

5. Do you have any recipe suggestions for using a grill basket?

Yes, we have a variety of delicious recipes on our website that are specifically designed for grill baskets. From grilled vegetable medleys to shrimp skewers, there are plenty of options to choose from. You can also get creative and experiment with your own recipes using the grill basket.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SUZIEQCONSULTANT
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
SUZIEQCONSULTANT
  • Amanda_RI
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • natural