• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Greeting cards- wow...what a ripoff

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
My DH just opened up a pile of greeting cards - a few Father's Day cards from his sister and her boys , and his Birthday cards - also from the same sister and nephews. She sent him like, 5 or 6 cards - all separately. (She's 39 weeks pregnant, so we figure she's having hormone surges in her last week :D) She must have spent over $15 - just on cards!

So with those cards, what his mom got him and me (my birthday was before Father's day), I have over $25 of cards sitting in my trash can. How sad is that?!

Sorry. I barely will get greeting cards from Walmart- anymore, I go to the Dollar Store, or get them from a collection of cards I buy in a box for cheap. I know- I'm cheap....but they get other things from us. Heck- I'm happy with a free E-Card!

What about you? Do you spend $5 on a single card? or try to be more frugal and give the person a gift or something (that could be a nice Starbucks Gift card or something :))