• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sharpening Coated Cutlery: All You Need to Know

In summary, Pampered Chef recommends only sharpening ceramic or titanium coated cutlery as these coatings are designed to withstand the sharpening process without damaging the blade. The best way to sharpen coated cutlery is to use a ceramic sharpening rod or honing steel. Electric sharpeners are not recommended as they can damage the coating. It is recommended to sharpen coated cutlery every 6-12 months and to use a non-abrasive cleaner and dry thoroughly after cleaning to protect the coating and prevent rust or corrosion.
turtle15
Can they be honed or sharpened? I am talking about the coated ones, not the plastic ones.

turtle15 said:
Can they be honed or sharpened? I am talking about the coated ones, not the plastic ones.

Yes - I hone mine with the Forged Cutlery Honer.

So it does not mess up the coating?

I hone mine as well and it has not reached the coated part yet and shouldn't pretty soon.

i hone mine....

What types of coated cutlery can be sharpened?

At Pampered Chef, we recommend sharpening only ceramic or titanium coated cutlery. These types of coatings are designed to withstand the sharpening process without damaging the blade.

What is the best way to sharpen coated cutlery?

The best way to sharpen coated cutlery is to use a ceramic sharpening rod or honing steel. These tools are specifically designed for ceramic and titanium coated blades and will help maintain the sharpness of your knives.

Can I use an electric sharpener on coated cutlery?

No, we do not recommend using an electric sharpener on coated cutlery. The high-speed grinding can damage the coating and compromise the quality of the blade.

How often should I sharpen my coated cutlery?

This will depend on how often you use your knives, but we recommend sharpening your coated cutlery every 6-12 months. Regular honing with a sharpening rod in between sharpenings can also help maintain the sharpness of your knives.

Are there any special care instructions for sharpening coated cutlery?

Yes, it is important to use a non-abrasive cleaner when cleaning your coated knives after sharpening. This will help protect the coating and keep your knives in top condition. Also, be sure to dry your knives thoroughly after cleaning to prevent any rust or corrosion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• robotChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pamperedlinda
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • atpchef