• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Green Garlic: Causes and Solutions | PC Family

In summary, the person is new to using a garlic press and had an experience where the garlic they used turned out to be green, resulting in their chicken also turning green. It is likely that they used young or immature garlic, which is safe to eat but may have a different color. To prevent this in the future, it is recommended to use fully mature garlic cloves and peel them before putting them in the press. It is also suggested to mention this experience at their show to educate others about different stages of garlic.
HJPChef
Hello, all! I'm new to the PC family and I was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them when using the garlic press: green garlic. I purchased fresh garlic from the supermarket, broke off a clove and stuck it into the press (I did not peel it). When I gave it a squeeze and scraped it off with the tool that it comes with, some green (I guees from the inside of the garlic) came out. I didn't think anything of it, but then when I cooked with it, my chicken had a green color to it. Now, for me it totally doesn't matter, but for my 4 1/2 year . . . she nearly lost it! Green chicken was not the hit at dinner! I can't even get her to eat a green veggies . . . lol. Anyway, just wondering if this has happened to anyone, if there's something I can do to prevent it and should I even mention it at my show on Sunday?

HJS :confused:

Your garlic was not ripe.

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear about your green garlic mishap. It sounds like you may have used young or immature garlic, which can have a green color inside. This is perfectly safe to eat, but it can definitely be off-putting for some people. To avoid this in the future, make sure to use fully mature garlic cloves. You can also try peeling the garlic before putting it in the press, as this may help prevent any green bits from coming out. As for mentioning it at your show, I think it's always helpful to share any tips or experiences with your audience. It could be a good opportunity to educate them about the different stages of garlic and how it can affect the color of your food. Good luck with your show!

1. What is green garlic?

Green garlic is a young version of regular garlic that is harvested before the bulb has fully formed. It resembles a green onion and has a mild, delicate flavor.

2. How do I use green garlic in cooking?

Green garlic can be used in a variety of dishes, such as stir-fries, soups, and salads. It can be used in place of regular garlic, but keep in mind that it has a milder flavor so you may need to use more of it.

3. Can I substitute green garlic for regular garlic?

Yes, you can use green garlic in place of regular garlic in most recipes. Just keep in mind that it has a milder flavor, so you may need to use more of it to achieve the same level of garlic flavor.

4. How do I store green garlic?

Green garlic should be stored in the refrigerator in a plastic bag or wrapped in a damp paper towel. It will stay fresh for up to a week.

5. When is green garlic in season?

Green garlic is typically in season in the spring, around March through May. However, it can also be found in some areas in the fall. Look for it at your local farmer's market or specialty grocery store.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mike nike
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • jcwarr
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Paige Dixon
  • The_Kitchen_Guy