• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Greek Rub Recipes: Making Gyros at Home!

In summary, a friend of mine wants to order the Greek Rub. Any good recipes ideas for it? She also wants to learn how to make gyros on her own. She loves those. Anyone have a recipe for that?did you search behind CC in the recipes section? There are a few there.The Greek Rub makes a killer salad dressing with olive oil and red wine vinegar. It's also great on fish, chicken or pork, especially when grilled.We love making the 30 minute chicken using the greek rub. (It doesn't have the 'red' color of the paprika rub, but it is absolutely delicious!) We also use it routinely on tilapia and other mild white fish.I make the Greek Torta and
babywings76
Gold Member
A friend of mine wants to order the Greek Rub. Any good recipes ideas for it? She also wants to learn how to make gyros on her own. She loves those. Anyone have a recipe for that?

did you search behind CC in the recipes section? There are a few there.

We love making the 30 minute chicken using the greek rub. (It doesn't have the 'red' color of the paprika rub, but it is absolutely delicious!) We also use it routinely on tilapia and other mild white fish.

I make the Greek Torta and it is so yummy the one that was in a season best that was either last fall or spring and people love them and I always sell alot of the greek rub that way. Just thinking about it I am hungry for some lol Here is the recipe I went to CC and got it for you and it was in the spring summer 2008 season best

Greek Cheese Torta
Recipe

1 loaf (16 oz) French baguette
Garlic Oil or olive oil
1 pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and pressed dry
2 pkg (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp Greek Rub
2 pkg (4 oz each) crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and patted dry
3 tbsp shelled pistachios

Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut baguette into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange bread slices in a single layer on Large Round Stone with Handles. Spray with oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Bake 10-12 minutes or until bread is golden brown. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely.

Line small Colander with paper towels. Place spinach into Colander; wrap paper towels around spinach and press until almost dry. Place cream cheese into Classic Batter Bowl; microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until softened. Stir in spinach and rub; mix well. Add feta cheese; stir until well blended.

Finely dice sun-dried tomatoes using Color Coated Paring Knife. Line Small Batter Bowl with plastic wrap. Spoon one-third of the cheese mixture into bottom of batter bowl, spreading evenly. Top with tomatoes, forming an even layer. Spread remaining cheese mixture over tomatoes.

To serve, invert torta onto serving platter. Remove plastic wrap. Coarsely chop pistachios using Food Chopper; press onto top of torta. Serve with toasted baguette slices.

Thanks everyone! It's nice to hear of recipes and ideas that others recommend. I'll pass the info on to her. :)

1. What is the main ingredient in Greek rub recipes for making gyros at home?

The main ingredient in Greek rub recipes for making gyros at home is typically a blend of herbs and spices, including oregano, thyme, garlic, and onion powder. Some recipes may also include lemon zest, paprika, and cumin.

2. Can I use the Greek rub for other dishes besides gyros?

Yes, the Greek rub can be used for a variety of dishes, such as grilled chicken or vegetables. It adds a delicious Mediterranean flavor to any dish.

3. How do I use the Greek rub for gyros?

To use the Greek rub for gyros, simply rub the seasoning onto thinly sliced meat (such as lamb, beef, or chicken) and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes before cooking. You can also mix the seasoning with olive oil and lemon juice for a marinade.

4. Can I make my own Greek rub at home?

Yes, you can make your own Greek rub at home by combining equal parts of dried oregano, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, and lemon zest. You can also add other herbs and spices to your liking.

5. Are there any variations of the Greek rub for gyros?

Yes, there are many variations of the Greek rub for gyros. Some recipes may include additional spices such as paprika, cumin, or cinnamon. You can also adjust the amounts of each herb and spice to suit your taste preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ShorelineChef
  • casescafe
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
thecougchef
  • pamperedbecky