• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Get More Contacts and Boost My Sales at Yard Sales?

In summary, the speaker decided to try a new strategy of promoting their business at yard sales. They carried a PC tote bag with a catalog cover and were able to generate interest and collect email addresses from potential customers. They also helped educate two individuals on how to use their stone and even received a booking and an order. The speaker also handed out mini catalogs and collected more email addresses. They also came across an opportunity to advertise and participate in a local event. The speaker has been doing this for years and has had success with bookings, orders, and referrals. They suggest asking for phone numbers in addition to email addresses and recommend purchasing the tote bag from a supply order.
ChefTara
I thought I would try something today. I decided to go out to yard sales this morning carrying my PC tote bag that has a catalog cover on a front pocket so that people could see it. I had quite a few people ask me about it and ask for a catalog ( I made sure to get their email address for followup). I had two people right in a row that said they had a stone but had never used it. After asking about it, I found out it was because they didn't know how to season it. So I was able to help them out. The second lady reached out on one of her tables and pulled off the PC stoneware muffin pan and took it back in her house!!! One of them wants to book a party and the other wants to place an order. Then almost everytime I bought something I asked the person if they would like a mini catalog. I was able to get some email addresses to add to my e-newletter mailing list. I even ran into someone that is involved with our local Newcomer's Club and got some information to advertise with them and possibly participate in their fall boutique sale.
I think I now have a standing appointment on Saturday mornings!!!!:p

Tara

OMG! My husband always wants to go to yard sales--now I can do something to benefit my business, too!

I went to a to few yard sales today and this would have been a great thing to try. I like that I don't need a whole lot of confidence to do this because you probably won't ever see them again. Great idea!

ChefTara said:
I thought I would try something today. I decided to go out to yard sales this morning carrying my PC tote bag that has a catalog cover on a front pocket so that people could see it. I had quite a few people ask me about it and ask for a catalog ( I made sure to get their email address for followup). I had two people right in a row that said they had a stone but had never used it. After asking about it, I found out it was because they didn't know how to season it. So I was able to help them out. The second lady reached out on one of her tables and pulled off the PC stoneware muffin pan and took it back in her house!!! One of them wants to book a party and the other wants to place an order. Then almost everytime I bought something I asked the person if they would like a mini catalog. I was able to get some email addresses to add to my e-newletter mailing list. I even ran into someone that is involved with our local Newcomer's Club and got some information to advertise with them and possibly participate in their fall boutique sale.

Tara

Did you approach them or they just asked you about it? I have the same tote and no luck with it yet. I love to hear how you did this, because I'm addicted to rummage sales!

That is so great. I have been leaving the mini catalogues when I do banking and got an order. I never thought about giving a mini to the person holding the garage sale. I am very shy when it comes to strangers and I think I could do that.

I do this every weekend and have been doing it for years...I have gotten SO many bookings, orders and referrals from my yard saling saturdays!

Instead of email addresses (or in addition to them), ask for PHONE NUMBERS!!!

Good for you:) I will have to try next weekend!

where do you get the tote? I love yard sales!

pckitchen05 said:
where do you get the tote? I love yard sales!

You can order it off of supply order:)

ChefTara said:

Tara

That is awesome!

COOL! My daughter was just saying today how she wants to go yardsale-ing on Saturday and look for baby things. This is a great idea!

Did you approach them or they just asked you about it? I have the same tote and no luck with it yet. I love to hear how you did this, because I'm addicted to rummage sales!

The only time I approached somebody was when I was paying them for the items I was buying. When I paid them I asked if they would like a mini catalog. Otherwise, they approached me.

That is a GREAT idea! I'm going to do that the next time DH is not home and promote some business.

I'm wondering too, brainstorming.....if a yard sale person would allow you to pay a small fee to set up like a table (sort of like a fair) to demo some things and maybe have a drawing for a product. Wonder if you'd generate more leads this way.

Kris

I love this idea!! I am going to try it also. I wanted to share a funny story as well. One of my seasoned customers was talking to me the other day and she said she was yard saling and found the serving tongs for .10. She said she snapped them up in a hurry. Only down side was that I lost the sale, but I was glad for her. I guess you never know what you will find.

When I see PC items at a yard sale, I snatch 'em up! Even if they are discontinued, I have antiques haning up on my walls, and they fit right in.

Another way to "break the ice" is to walk up to the person holding the sale and ask if they have any Pampered Chef items in their sale. Then they may say some of the following that could start conversations:
1. What is Pampered Chef?
2. Yes, I have a baking stone (or something) right here (this happened to me - she didn't know how to season it so the food stuck to it when she used it - I was able to tell her how to season it and she took it back in the house to keep it!) This one is a great way to provide customer service, particularly if there is a problem they are having that you can resolve.
3. No way would I sell my Pampered Chef!!!!

I highly recommend this activity! It really does work!
Tara

My SIL called me earlier this year and said she found a mini muffin pan for $5.00 - again I lost the sale 'of the muffin pan,' however not a sale entirely...Now she can find something else on her PC wish list and I will get that sale.

I will make sure I have my bag with me - with mini catalogs, I always hesitated giving out the full line catalog.

Leea:cool:

Awesome IdeaI always feel a little weird carrying the tote, as it isn't a guy thing, you know. But if it helps, well maybe I should just go for it.
The Serving Tongs thing reminds me that I found one of my very first pieces of Pampered Chef at a yard sale. I had been to a show about three weeks prior where I ordered the Large Round Stone and a couple of cookbooks. (I still have it and it is 9 years old!) But I found the Apple Peeler, Corer, Slicer for $4. I snatched that puppy up right away. Funny thing about it, it was from an ex-consultant!
I still have the A/P/C/S to this day. And I still use it!

I bet a guy wearing a PC shirt or hat would get more attention than a woman carrying a tote bag. Even more attention would go to a man carrying a tote bag though, so go for it!

1. How can I get more contacts for my Pampered Chef business?

There are a few ways you can get more contacts for your Pampered Chef business. One great way is to host cooking parties or events and collect contact information from attendees. You can also utilize social media platforms and networking events to connect with potential customers and build your contact list. Additionally, you can ask for referrals from your current customers and offer incentives for them to refer their friends and family.

2. What are the benefits of having a large contact list for my Pampered Chef business?

Having a large contact list for your Pampered Chef business can lead to increased sales and a larger customer base. It also allows you to reach a wider audience and potentially expand your business. Additionally, having a strong network of contacts can provide valuable support and resources for your business.

3. How often should I reach out to my contacts for Pampered Chef promotions and events?

It's important to strike a balance when reaching out to your contacts for Pampered Chef promotions and events. You don't want to overwhelm them with too many messages, but you also don't want to go too long without communication. A good rule of thumb is to reach out once a month with relevant and valuable information or offers.

4. What are some creative ways to get contacts for my Pampered Chef business?

Aside from hosting parties and utilizing social media, there are many creative ways to get contacts for your Pampered Chef business. You can partner with local businesses or organizations to do joint events or promotions, offer cooking classes or demonstrations at community events, or even collaborate with other direct sales consultants to cross-promote each other's businesses.

5. How can I keep my contact list organized and up-to-date?

One helpful way to keep your contact list organized and up-to-date is to use a customer relationship management (CRM) system. This allows you to store all of your contacts' information in one place and easily track communication and interactions. You can also set reminders to follow up with contacts and keep track of their preferences and interests to tailor your marketing efforts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mindyanne44
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • COOKINWITHSHERRI
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
algdoughty
  • pattikake45