• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some fun icebreaker questions to ask at a Pampered Chef party?

In summary, the conversation is discussing different ways to engage and interact with guests at a party. The host of the party should ask each guest how they know the host, and then ask them a question such as what they would spend $400 on if they had it right now or why they came to the show. This allows the host to learn more about the guests and potentially tailor their presentation to their needs. It is important to ask open-ended questions that focus on the present rather than just asking about their favorite product, as this can provide valuable insights into the guests' current situations and needs. Other suggestions include asking about their family, job, or organizations they belong to, as well as having them rate themselves in the kitchen or choose a gift
pampered1224
Silver Member
I know somewhere out here in Cheffer land someone posted a tip about your intro at a party.
It is to ask each guest to tell how they know the host and to ...
I CAN NOT REMEMBER WHAT YOU ASK THEM AND IT IS NOT WHAT THEIR FAVORITE PRODUCT IS!!! I thought it was so neat but had to close out because my boss came up behind me before I could write it down!!! DANG! DANG! DANG!
It may have been somewhere else out here and not in the Conference 09 threads! I have looked so I am hoping....

The one I heard was to ask what they would spend $400 on if they had it right now.

Last edited:
No not that one either. Thank you though!

I just read in the newsletter to ask why they came to the show. I liked that...

Did it have something to do with cooking style? ie, likes to bake, cooks for kids, etc...

I heard someone joke to ask how they knew the host, and their weight or age as an ice breaker....

I always have the guests tell me their name and how they know the host. I then ask them to describe the host in 1 word. I tell them up front that it's okay to repeat words, and if they need more than 1 we can pretend they're hyphenated. My rule: they must keep it clean and nice.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
I heard someone joke to ask how they knew the host, and their weight or age as an ice breaker....

I did that for awhile --- until I had the show where everyone really said their weight and age !!!!!! (never again . . . )

In one of my workshops they kinda went off topic and said to ask "Why they came tonight" that way it can help with the checkout.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:

I have done that to the guest who walks in late, as we're doing the introductions. Always gets a laugh, and I of course tell her I'm kidding.

THAT IS IT!!
That is what I get for being out here, on the phone and trying to look at the July news! The Why!! Thanks!

I like that one better....the why. Great tip....glad you looked for it John...I would have missed it otherwise. = )

I've been listening to cd's from another company that suggest that we ask the guest
1. about their family
2. about their present job
3. about any organizations that they belong to.
Try to listen for what they called "heart tug" information. You might hear why they need our business and how it can work for them.

I usually ask each guest to tell me how they know the host, what their favorite PC product is and why, if no PC products, what food category is their favorite, desserts, casseroles, quick family meals, etc.

You know why you do NOT ask what their favorite product is? Because that will only sell a product to someone else. They can do that all by themsleves after you have done your thing. Now, you ask them WHY and everyting changes. The WHY will let YOU hear what the guest's "present" situation is. Things like , I needed a night out or had to "get away". These tell you this person needs a change. That change may be as simple as being offered an opportunity to get out of the house, earn some money and be with other adults. We can act on that.
They may say they wanted to get a Whatever for their kitchen. This is a perfect indication that you need to ask them about hosting a party. They are telling you something of themselves they want to change. We can act on those comments.
By asking them What is you favorite product - you are asking them about something that has already occured - past tense. We can not work with that as we can not change the past.

I just got my July CN and was looking through it, and wouldn't you know on page 5 there is a consultant who talks about this very thing. You should check it out. But what John said is perfect! Great advice that I'm definitely going to put into practice! Thanks! :)

I have them rate their selves in the kitchen.....10 being a Martha Stewart without the jail time, 5 being Betty Crocker because everything comes from a box, or a one as only have a kitchen because it came with the house!! (and I raise my hand at this point) It gets a few laughs...

I also heard at conference to have them say if they could have a gift out of the catalog, what would it be?:thumbup:

kcont said:
I have them rate their selves in the kitchen.....10 being a Martha Stewart without the jail time, 5 being Betty Crocker because everything comes from a box, or a one as only have a kitchen because it came with the house!! (and I raise my hand at this point) It gets a few laughs...

I also heard at conference to have them say if they could have a gift out of the catalog, what would it be?:thumbup:

Love both of those ideas!

Too funny on the Martha Stewart/Betty Crocker thing though! :D

1. How do I find a specific tip on the Pampered Chef website?

To find a specific tip on our website, you can use the search bar located at the top of the page. Simply type in a keyword or phrase related to the tip you are looking for and hit enter. You can also browse through our "Tips & Tools" section for helpful tips and tricks for using our products.

2. I saw a great tip on a Pampered Chef social media post, but now I can't find it. How can I access it again?

If you saw a tip on one of our social media posts, it may have been a limited time offer or feature. However, you can always check our website or reach out to our customer service team for more information on the tip you saw.

3. Can I save tips from the Pampered Chef website to refer back to later?

Yes, you can save tips from our website by creating an account and adding them to your "Favorites" section. This way, you can easily access them whenever you need them.

4. I received a tip in my Pampered Chef order, but I can't find it on the website. Where can I find it?

Some tips may be exclusive to certain products or promotions and may not be available on our website. However, you can always reach out to our customer service team for more information on the tip you received.

5. I have a great tip for using a Pampered Chef product. How can I share it with others?

We love hearing from our customers and learning about new tips and tricks for using our products! You can share your tip by leaving a review on our website or by tagging us on social media. Your tip may even be featured on our website or social media pages!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
vhadley
  • Deb Hagen
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • its_me_susan
  • General Chat
Replies