• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Unleashing the Power of Passion: Sharon Zelen's Strategy for Success

In summary, Jillian Grant shared her talk with the Executive's on our monthly Conference Call. Someone typed it up...and I thought you'd all LOVE to see it.
finley1991
A friend of mine passed this along to me and I wanted to share it with all of you! Enjoy! :candyheart:

Recently, Sales Manager Linda Bowles conducted a conference call with some of our Senior Directors. On the call, Senior Director Sharon Zelen shared her passion for the business opportunity and her strategy for sharing it.

I was so inspired listening to Sharon that I had to share this recording of her portion of the call.

For your planning purposes, the recording is approximately 19 minutes. I would also suggest having a pen and paper handy to jot down key highlights.

http://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/audio/sharon_zelen.mp3

Thank you, Colleen. There was a thread about it on CS, but no link or what it was about.

Here's some additional info that I can share along with this... it came across to me from an ED a few weeks ago...

Earlier this week, Jillian Grant shared her talk with the Executive's on our monthly Conference Call. Someone typed it up...and I thought you'd all LOVE to see it.

I hope you will use this and make it your own!

Jillian Grant’s Recruiting talk at her shows

Besides doing about 2-3 cooking shows like this a week which is actually considered “full time”, I also work as a trainer with The Pampered Chef for new consultants through leaders. This business was started by a stay at home Mother and it was originally designed for other stay at home moms and it is a great gig for someone home with kids, they can stay home with their children by day and be the ones to raise them and not have to put them in Day Care and then 1-2 times a week have their own business, contribute to the family and have some independence and talk to adults. Doris started The Pampered Chef with a $3,000 loan from her in-laws and that was the only $$ she ever put into this! 8 Years ago the company was bought by Warren Buffet, one of the richest billionaire investors in our country! That really put us on the map as one of the best companies in the country. It is great to be backed by a billionaire in today's economy because it means we are going no where! We have been thriving in the past two years and people are cooking at home more than ever. I was a college student when I started this business at 20 years old. This was a great thing to do through school because at the time I had to work two full weeks at the mall to make in one night what I could make at a cooking show. I never thought of this as my career at the time but it ended up to be. I also did this alongside two full time jobs over the years. I am finding that some people these days are looking into doing something creative to earn extra income that they never would have considered before. As a trainer, I get to see first hand the types of people joining this business in 2011. You wouldn’t believe the people I am training lately, 75% of my team are working professionals- Doctors, Lawyers, Real Estate brokers, tons of teachers, financial workers etc. When I ask them "Why The Pampered Chef alongside your career?", everyone says they are looking for extra money, a side way to make income but no one has the time. This is a perfect flexible business that you can really work alongside any other full time job and family activity. Most of consultants also have at least two kids at home. This could also be for the retired person, men etc. So if you are looking for a part time job with full time pay, I would love to share with you some more information about our amazing business opportunity. The average consultant when they start earns between $100-$200 per show, some times a lot more or a little less.

(Then I go through my scrapbook album which covers more on Warren Buffet, the trips and other incentives, friendships, income growth potential, recognition etc)

I also add in a part about my mom being a consultant at 80. It can work at any age!PS: She had a $1200 show last night!!!!! :cool:

Awesome for your mom, Colleen!! Thanks for sharing!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I have listened to the call several times now and have listed to the call posted by Lynette on here MANY times and I was dying to knwo her word choices! Now If I could just know whats in her scrap book I'd be all set! :)

Again, THANK YOU!

After listening to this recording a few times, I'm going to change up some things that I do at my shows... I have 4 this week (YAY!) and want to give it a try.

I borrowed the booking/recruiting slide from my mom and am going to use it starting tonight!

For those of you who use it, do you do both sides? One vs the other? Is it too excessive to do both?

I'd love to hear your thoughts and advice on this! TIA! :)

finley1991 said:
For those of you who use it, do you do both sides? One vs the other? Is it too excessive to do both?

I'd love to hear your thoughts and advice on this! TIA! :)

I would love to hear from people if they use both sides. I haven't been but I feel like I need to. My booking shows AT the shows has gone down so I am trying to make sure I cover the benefits of a cooking show completely.
I know in the call it says Jillian Grant does use both but she goes over the booking side very quickly.

I have only used the booking side as I was worried using both would be overkill. I have thought about using both sides and even saying "see this business is so easy they even give me reminders so that my brain doesn't have to think so much!" (or a spin off that they laugh at)

Great recording!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

Not that it makes much difference, but I was reading where Doris borrowed money from her parents. I thought I read in her book that she cashed in a life insurance policy so there was never any debt with the company and that is what attracted Warren Buffett.

baychef said:
Great recording!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

Not that it makes much difference, but I was reading where Doris borrowed money from her parents. I thought I read in her book that she cashed in a life insurance policy so there was never any debt with the company and that is what attracted Warren Buffett.

Ann, you are correct. Jillian is correct in a way... her parents bought the insurance policy for her and she borrowed the $3k against it to start PC.

Hey ladies I use both sides of the slides; I don't find it overkill. While, the food is cooking we go through the booking portion and when they are eating we do the consultant portion. This way the room is quiet and all they can do is look at me.

Karen

finley1991 said:
Ann, you are correct. Jillian is correct in a way... her parents bought the insurance policy for her and she borrowed the $3k against it to start PC.

I had never heard that her parents bought the insurance policy (but had always heard that she borrowed the $3K against an insurance policy). Interesting. Not that it matters at all...

Like Karen, I do cover both sides & I do it while they are eating so that they are quiet. I don't read every word, I just hit the jest of each slide on the booking side, then announce that they don't have to listen to this next part, but I've found that there's usually at least one person in every room who's curious about this other side ... that usually gets all the eyes in the room to look up and see what it is that they "don't have to listen to" ~ it's pretty funny to me. I've already covered the monthly host specials, then do the B/R slide. The whole thing takes me less than 3 minutes. :D

For some reason when I click on this link I get a page of gook - not sure what's going on - can you link it again?

Yay!! This is who spoke today during the closing general session! I REALLY hope they post a video of her story that she told today on CC!! I would LOVE to share this with my entire team and potential recruits. I haven't tried this link to see if this works so I can listen to it, but maybe it's similar to today's speech! AMAZING today.

PamperedK said:
For some reason when I click on this link I get a page of gook - not sure what's going on - can you link it again?

Ok, same with me. It wasn't a link to anything other than a bunch of gunk. Bummer! anyone still have an active link to this?

I'm not sure... when I click on the link, it works... :(

What makes this recording so great?

The recording has exceptional sound quality, impeccable musicianship, and a captivating performance that keeps listeners engaged.

Who are the musicians featured on this recording?

The musicians on this recording are [insert names of musicians]. Each is highly skilled and brings a unique touch to the music.

Where was this recording made?

This recording was made in [insert location], known for its state-of-the-art recording studios and talented engineers.

Can I purchase this recording on CD or vinyl?

Yes, physical copies of this recording are available for purchase on CD and vinyl through various online and retail music stores.

What genre of music does this recording fall under?

This recording falls under the [insert genre] genre, known for its [insert characteristics of the genre].

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beepampered
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • scottcooks
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
calisweetheart03
Back