• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Great Tips and Recipes in the New Food Network Magazine!

In summary, members of a cooking forum recommend the Food Network Magazine for its great tips and recipes. The magazine can be subscribed to online at a good price, or purchased at a grocery store or other retail location. Some members have already subscribed and highly recommend it for fellow food magazine lovers. The magazine can also be used as a business expense for those in the food industry.
chefann
Gold Member
I'm putting this in Business Tips because it fits in a lot of the categories here: tips, recipes...

I have seen commercials on TV for the new Food Network Magazine. I subscribed online (where they have a good subscription price: foodnetwork.com/magoffer). Well, this morning I saw it at the grocery store and picked it up (I'll give one away if I get this same issue with my subscription).

OMG!! Great tips! Cool recipes!!

I highly recommend this magazine for anyone who likes food magazines (and that would probably be most of the members here), or is looking for tips to add to their shows.

There are 128 recipes in this issue alone. Granted, 50 of them are toppers for toast (crostini), like the theme show recipe we had a few years ago. But those toppers are great for a Holiday Appetizers show. :)

Thanks Ann I just subscribed to the magazine. I love food magazines. Have you tried Simple and Delicious from Taste of Home? The majority of the recipes are 29 minutes or less and can be Incorporated to PC without too much trouble.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll have to go check it out! :)

Thanks Ann, I just signed up! :)

Oh Dang!!!! :p:p I couldn't beat you Ann!!!!:rolleyes:;) I picked this up yesterday, but got really busy with my family last night and never made it down to my office to tell everyone about it!
I saw it advertised on FN a couple of weeks ago. Then when I was searching for a good stew recipe about 10 days ago, I saw the link and subscribed too! I did the same thing as you though~ I cannot wait 6-8 weeks for delivery! So I picked it up and I love it!
I so agree with you on the great tips! One that I got for our Garlic Press, is that jar garlic does not have the same health benefits as fresh. So not only does it not taste as good, but you don't get about 1/2 the benefits! What a great tip for our garlic press! There is more to it than just that, I just dont' want to say something wrong, and the mag is upstairs, but I'm going to be compiling a list of tips so that I can use them at my shows! If you love FN or any cooking mag for that matter, go get this, you'll be happy! I sure am!:D

Cool. Thanks for the info.

So here's a question...when you subscribe, do you use your PC credit card and write off the expense?

babywings76 said:
So here's a question...when you subscribe, do you use your PC credit card and write off the expense?

You could. I don't have a PC credit card, but I have a business checking account that I do most my PC purchasing off of. But even if I mess up and write a check off of my personal account, you can still write it off.

Thanks Ann--I'll have to check it out!

Woohoo, I just ordered it. Now I just have to wait 6-9 weeks to get it! :) Thanks Ann, I'm excited!

I ordered it too. It looks like it will be a great source of information and recipes.:

babywings76 said:

I use my foodie mags as business expenses. They are "research" for tips, ideas, and recipes! CERTAINLY falls under a business expense!

Thanks Ann, I to just signed up!

Well, shoot - I wish I got referrals. :)

So can the magazine be picked up at a Walgreens or bookstore? I would like to subscibe too but don't want to wait the 6-8 weeks, I'm a food TV junkie.

I might do what Ann did, and pick up a copy from the store. Then if that's the same issue when it arrives, I'll give it away to someone. Cause I'm so impatient and want to see it now! :)

Thanks a bunch Ann!! Cant wait to get it.

Humble Beginnings said:
So can the magazine be picked up at a Walgreens or bookstore? I would like to subscibe too but don't want to wait the 6-8 weeks, I'm a food TV junkie.

I bet it can. I got it in the checkout lane at a grocery store, but I bet it'll be in the mag rack at Target. There are a couple of subscription cards in this issue, so you can send one in if you decide to subscribe (always cheaper than buying it at the newsstand).

Thanks Ann. I subscribed too :)

Hey, guess what I just got in the mail?! They sent me a postcard saying that "Due to overwhelming response to the magazine, we are going back to press to meet the demand for our premiere issue. Your copy should arrive in 2-3 weeks. Rest assured we will do everything we can to get your copy to you as soon as possible. Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay."Wow, it's great that they had such a big demand, because it sounds like a good magazine. I wonder if a lot of Cheffers subscribed?! :)

I took my copy to my meeting on Monday, and I think 3 women there took subscription cards out of my copy. It really is a lovely magazine - well done, and well thought out. (And now that my cable service has been downgraded, it's the only Food Network fix I get.)

I have seen it advertised. I need to pick one up and check it out.

Thanks! I will probably be subscribing, but I'm more excited because this is a good Christmas present for my best friend!

babywings76 said:
Hey, guess what I just got in the mail?! They sent me a postcard saying that "Due to overwhelming response to the magazine, we are going back to press to meet the demand for our premiere issue. Your copy should arrive in 2-3 weeks. Rest assured we will do everything we can to get your copy to you as soon as possible. Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay."

Wow, it's great that they had such a big demand, because it sounds like a good magazine. I wonder if a lot of Cheffers subscribed?! :)

I got the same thing! I would prefer they just send me the next month's edition! I already have the premier one! I'm too dang impatient to wait that long!:rolleyes:

I saw it advertised on FN a few weeks ago and meant to sign up! Can''t wait!

MissChef said:
I got the same thing! I would prefer they just send me the next month's edition! I already have the premier one! I'm too dang impatient to wait that long!:rolleyes:

The premiere issue is the Nov/Dec issue, so there won't be another one until the January issue.

How much was it in the store? How much is the subscription?

I haven't been able to find it yet. I'll keep looking. Maybe I can find it in a larger market like Ft. Wayne or Indy. I prefer to read an issue before subscribing.

MissChef said:

After I subscribed I thought I'd find one in the stores and just get one because I'm the same way...very impatient! :) Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find one! And now with their shortage, I wonder if that's why. So, I just have to wait... :cool:

I got my magazine yesterday. It's GREAT! Thanks so much Ann for telling us about it.

btw, the top of the mag had a banner with "premier issue" so you'll probably see it in stores soon. Great recipes and tips. If you haven't yet subscribed you should do so right away.

It's been in stores for about a month already.

chefann said:
It's been in stores for about a month already.

We're a little slower here in the south :p

Did I say how much I love this new magazine!?!

Chefann caused an "Oprah-like" rush for the magazine! :D

I subscribed a while back and just got my copy in the mail Friday. Haven't had a chance to look at but you can bet I will now!

Thanks!

I subscribed online today..I should've done it earlier but I kept putting it off. SIX to NINE weeks for the first issue to arrive. That's just a little crazy! I probably will have forgotten I subscribed by then. At least it'll be a nice little surprise when it arrives! :)

I just had a survey in my email about the first issue -what I read, which articles I liked, etc. It seemed like the editors want to make sure the magazine appeals to a lot of people and still fits with the Food Network brand.

I found it a great mix of beginner and advanced cooking. I like it.

leftymac said:
I subscribed online today..I should've done it earlier but I kept putting it off. SIX to NINE weeks for the first issue to arrive. That's just a little crazy! I probably will have forgotten I subscribed by then. At least it'll be a nice little surprise when it arrives! :)

I subscribed on 10/14 when Ann posted this. I got my issue on Friday. Maybe it won't take the full 6-9 weeks, but with great advertising like ours it just might.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pkd09
Replies
Views
Tash
  • lt1jane
  • Products and Tips
Replies