• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unmanned changing station and nursing tent for fairs - great idea or not?

In summary, the woman is planning to set up a nursing station/changing station at a local 4th of July event, and is soliciting feedback from others about the idea. She is not expecting many entries, as a mother with a baby, and is hoping to use the opportunity to get her name out there and to help her local MOPS group. She is also hoping to generate some business for her PC items.
Crystal Patton
I came across this and thought I would share it with you all. Now, bare in mind, I haven't done it yet and would like idea's for what to have avaliable.

An unmanned changing station/nursing tent. It would be a totaly enclosed tent with a couple of comfy chairs (I haven't decided on what kind yet), a changing table with a container of wipes, plastic bags & a covered garbage can and a small table with catalogs (I can't decide if I want biggies or mini's), info on the oppertunity and a raffle bowl with survey slips. I was going to raffle off a SB. On the outside would be a banner stating what it is and that it is sponsored by your local PC Lady Crystal Patton.

I have reserved a space at our local 4th of July event. So far the city counsel is very excited about it and my responses have been great. I am also sharing it with the local MOPS group so they will have a raffle and their info on the small table too. What do you guys think?

I think it sounds like a wonderful idea from the perspective of a mother.

From the consultant perspective, I wouldn't expect too many entries. For one, as a mom with a baby, filling a drawing slip while my 1-year-old is trying to run out the door is the last thing on my mind. If I did pick up a card or a brochure or a catalog, we all know how likely it is to get a call from something like that.

As a mom, I think it is a great idea.

Are you going to have a booth in addition? If so, maybe a sign that said make sure to come visit me. Maybe just a slip that has name and phone number for the drawing.

NooraK said:
I think it sounds like a wonderful idea from the perspective of a mother.

From the consultant perspective, I wouldn't expect too many entries. For one, as a mom with a baby, filling a drawing slip while my 1-year-old is trying to run out the door is the last thing on my mind. If I did pick up a card or a brochure or a catalog, we all know how likely it is to get a call from something like that.

I really don't expect much business from it, maybe a few survey slips. I am mostly doing it to get my name out there and help my MOPS group afford the tent and space. I also was a nursing mother and the worst thing to do it drag the other kids back to the truck so they could roast while I nurse without prying eyes. Plus sometimes you have to park really far away. :grumpy:

BlessedWifeMommy said:
As a mom, I think it is a great idea.

Are you going to have a booth in addition? If so, maybe a sign that said make sure to come visit me. Maybe just a slip that has name and phone number for the drawing.

I won't have my own booth because my DH won't be home to watch my three kids and the babysitter would be a little pricey. LOL

I do like the shortened slip, easier to fill out quickly and not as intrusive. Thanks for the suggestion!!

How about a flyer with a list of PC items that are great for new moms? With your name and contact info on it--and an incentive to call you? Like "email me at ______ or call me at ________ and mention you saw my info at the fair. First 20 to call will receive a gift from me." Or some recipe cards with your name on them and contact info? A booking incentive maybe?" I'd grab a list of products for sure....attach it to a mini with something that says "view my entire catalog online. Host a show with me in July and receive___________ in addition to our generous host benefits". Definitely have some plastic frames with the host specials for July and August.

Nancy - great idea's! Thank you!!

you might want to make sure it is ok with the health dept first. They may have guidelines Especially with the treat of swine flu in so many areas.good luck with it

Teresa Lynn said:
you might want to make sure it is ok with the health dept first. They may have guidelines Especially with the treat of swine flu in so many areas.

good luck with it

Thank you for thinking of this!
When I first spoke with the lady handling the event, she addressed this and also the liability concern (little ones falling off the changing table). She said she would speak with the town counsel and call me back. When she did, she told me they were all so excited about it and they checked all the appropriate places and both of these issues were covered by the towns event insurance, or whatever. I'm getting all the paperwork in the mail Friday.

I'll let everyone know what I go with and how it turned out. Until then keep the idea's coming!!!

I did something very similar to this this winter and had a sign up sheet for a Mommy and Me cooking show. It went extremely well.

You wouldn't even need a changing table if you didn't want to, but a great blanket type thing for them to use and disposable pad or something? The idea is having a space where you aren't out there for everyone to see. Every mom has changed diapers on a floor so that's no biggy. I think this is really nice for moms. It isn't fun to do it in a car and not everywhere is so easy to do it in public and if it's warm covering the baby completely isn't nice either (overheating). You may get busy just b/c people appreciate it so much!

prayfirst said:
I did something very similar to this this winter and had a sign up sheet for a Mommy and Me cooking show. It went extremely well.

Thank you for your input! I'm REALLY excited now!

You can get 25 free business cards magnets, and calendar magnets at vista print right now.

Way to think out of the box!! I really do think you will get future business from Appreciative moms who remember you :)

OK, the event was yesterday and the stats are amazing!!!!
50% of my survey slips want to host a show and the other 50% are interested in the opportunity!!!! WOW!!!!:eek:

OK OK I fess - I only had 2 survey slips. :D LOL
A gal at the booth down the way said we only had about 300 people come through, and she said maybe 5-6 went in the tent. I really didn't expect that many people to attend, though I was hoping for more survey slips. I still think it was worth it and I am planning on doing this at more (larger) events.

It's a neat idea! And 1 show and a potential recruit - who knows where that could lead you! Thanks for sharing!

Crystal Patton said:
OK, the event was yesterday and the stats are amazing!!!!
50% of my survey slips want to host a show and the other 50% are interested in the opportunity!!!! WOW!!!!:eek:

OK OK I fess - I only had 2 survey slips. :D LOL
QUOTE]

LOL!! Great attitude Crystal! Congrats on the results. I always figure if I can get 1 booking from a fair it at least pays for my booth.

What type of products should I showcase in my booth?

We recommend selecting a variety of our best-selling products to showcase in your booth. This could include kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, or even our popular food products. Make sure to have a mix of items at different price points to appeal to a wide range of customers.

How can I attract more customers to my booth?

One way to attract customers is to offer product demonstrations or samples of our food items. You can also have eye-catching displays and signage to draw people in. Additionally, offering special promotions or discounts for purchases made at the fair can entice customers to stop by your booth.

Do I need to have inventory on hand to sell at the fair?

Yes, it is recommended to have a good amount of inventory on hand to sell at the fair. This will ensure that you have enough products to meet the demand of customers. It's also a good idea to have a variety of products in different colors or styles to give customers options to choose from.

How can I make my booth stand out from others at the fair?

Having a visually appealing and well-organized booth can help make it stand out. You can also consider offering activities or games for fair attendees to participate in at your booth. This can help to create a fun and interactive experience for potential customers.

What are some tips for successful sales at a fair booth?

Make sure to have a friendly and approachable attitude when interacting with customers. It's also important to have a good knowledge of our products and be able to answer any questions that customers may have. Offering special deals or promotions can also help to increase sales. Lastly, don't forget to collect customer information for potential future sales or follow-ups.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chellb1234
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PChefPEI
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Michelle's Kitchen