• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Healthy and Delicious Creamed Corn Recipe?

In summary, the Great Creamed Corn recipe requires 3 cups of frozen corn, 1 cup of heavy cream, 1/4 cup of butter, 1 teaspoon of sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Fresh corn can also be used instead of frozen, but the cooking time needs to be adjusted. The heavy cream can be substituted with half-and-half or whole milk, but the texture may differ slightly. The total time to make this recipe is about 15 minutes, but may vary depending on stove and pan. It can also be made ahead of time and reheated when ready to serve.
Trish1953
Silver Member
Does anyone have a great creamed corn recipe that's kind of healthy for Thanksgiving? Going to Mom's for Thanksgiving and I'm supposed to bring the creamed corn. I want something good, but maybe different too. Any suggestions?

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

I do not have it with me but there is a Festive Scalloped Corn recipe is one of the PC cookbooks that is good. You mix creamed corn and muffin mix togther but I cannot remember the specifics. Maybe someone here will have it.

Thanks. It was in the Celebrate Cookbook.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

What ingredients are needed for the Great Creamed Corn recipe?

The ingredients for the Great Creamed Corn recipe are: 3 cups of frozen corn, 1 cup of heavy cream, 1/4 cup of butter, 1 teaspoon of sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.

Can I use fresh corn instead of frozen for this recipe?

Yes, you can use fresh corn instead of frozen for this recipe. Simply cut the kernels off of 3-4 ears of corn and use them in place of the frozen corn. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Can I substitute the heavy cream with a lighter alternative?

Yes, you can substitute the heavy cream with half-and-half or whole milk for a lighter version of this recipe. However, the cream adds a rich and creamy texture, so the final result may differ slightly.

How long does it take to make the Great Creamed Corn recipe?

The total time for this recipe is about 15 minutes. However, the actual cooking time may vary depending on your stove and the type of pan you use. It is important to keep an eye on the corn and stir occasionally to prevent burning.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it. Simply store the cooked creamed corn in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, reheat in a pan on the stove or in the microwave until warmed through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Trish in Texas
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Trish in Texas
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • Trish in Texas