• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Great Canning Recipes - Post Them Here...

4 minutes. Remove from water bath, cool and store. Notes: I use these for a side dish but my DH likes to eat them as a main dish. I have also made a BBQ sauce with this that is really good. :)This is a really easy recipe and I think everyone would enjoy it. :)Thanks for sharing! These are highly addictive. Please continue only if you are strong.....These are highly addictive. Please continue only if you are strong.....
Dutch Apple Pie Jam3 1/2 cups prepared fruit (about 1 lb. apples)
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground allspice
4 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 tsp. butter or margarine
1 pouch CERTO® fruit pectin

Prep jars.

PEEL and core apples using the apple/peeler/corer/slicer. Chop finely. Add water. Measure exactly 3 1/2 cups of prepared fruit into a 6-8 qt. stockpot. Stir in lemon juice, cinnamon and allspice.

STIR in sugars into prepared fruit in stockpot. Add butter. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil on high heat, stirring constantly.

STIR in pectin quickly. Return to full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim off any foam with metal spoon.

LADLE quickly into prepared jars, filling to within 1/8 inch of tops. Process 10 minutes. Remove jars and place upright on a towel to cool completely. Refrigerate if not sealed properly.Note: I don't use raisins but they are called for in the VERY original recipe. I modified this to my family's tastes.

Things got too crazy around here w/ my Mom last Fall when it was apple season, but this year, I'm making that jam, Janet!

And, oh Giiiiiiinger....where is your Green Bean Pickle recipe?

I thought this said "CAMPING Recipes" LOL

I've been joining my DH in a sundowner this evening. So now you all know why I don't drink regularly.

Crystal Patton said:
I thought this said "CAMPING Recipes" LOL

I've been joining my DH in a sundowner this evening. So now you all know why I don't drink regularly.

What is a sundowner?

ChefPaulaB said:
What is a sundowner?

A alcoholic drink of choice, that you sip while watching the sun go down. DH was having Jack and Coke, I prefer just Jack - no ice, no water.

Oooh, I like that! A Sundowner! I'll have to remember that... might have to have a Sundowner tonight! I just bought some Island Lime Tequila (Margaritaville brand) that I thought would be perfect for some Slap Your Mama Margaritas... that would work for a Sundowner! Add some Jerk Chicken Nachos and we have dinner! Thanks for sharing!

Ok, back to good recipes we can use...Oh Ginger, you owe us one!

janetupnorth said:
Ok, back to good recipes we can use...Oh Ginger, you owe us one!

Sorry! :blushing:

ChefPaulaB said:
Sorry! :blushing:

No problem, just looking for some good recipes for the fall...I have lots of little plants popping up! :)

I have been canning for a about 3 years now and LOVE doing it! Well, this year our extention office in our county had a Canning Class. It was last night and very interesting. If there are any newbies canning - or experienced people wanting to make sure you are doing it right - I highly recommend going to something like this.

It was nice to know exactly what had been tested with the USDA and how they say to do it safely. Did you know that a 1/4 tsp of botulism can wipe out the entire state of NY? So, any precaution I can take for my family - I will.

Check out the Ball Blue Book, they have some great recipes that have all been tested by the USDA. The newest one has just been released this year.

Not sure but I think this would can up nicely - it is SO unique and flavorful!

Lavender Carrots

Attachments

• LAVENDER CARROTS make ahead.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 274
Warning** Warning** Warning** Warning**Warning** Warning**
These are highly addictive. Please continue only if you are strong.....

Crisp Pickled Green beans[/B]

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
2 1/2 pounds fresh green beans (I use blue lake round green beans)
2 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
2 cups water
1/4 cup salt (sea salt is best)
1 clove garlic, peeled (one per jar for me)
1 bunch fresh dill weed
3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional) I use this much in each jar!!
(I add 1/2 a jalapeno per jar)

DIRECTIONS
Sterilize 6 (1/2 pint) jars with rings and lids and keep hot. Trim green beans to 1/4 inch shorter than your jars.
In a large saucepan, stir together the vinegar, water and salt. Add garlic and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. In each jar, place 1 sprig of dill and 1/8 teaspoon of red pepper flakes. Pack green beans into the jars so they are standing on their ends.
Ladle the boiling brine into the jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the tops. Discard garlic. Seal jars with lids and rings. Place in a hot water bath so they are covered by 1 inch of water. Simmer but do not boil for 10 minutes to process. Cool to room temperature. Test jars for a good seal by pressing on the center of the lid. It should not move. Refrigerate any jars that do not seal properly. Let pickles ferment for 2 to 3 weeks before eating.
FOOTNOTE
For safety when canning and preserving foods, contact your local extension for guidelines in your area that will be specific to your altitude. Click here to read more about canning and preserving.

OK.. How I make them.. I make extra vinegar/water juice (I always seem to run out if I don't) Just keep the proportions the same.. I use 3/4 of a tsp per jar of pepper flakes; and I add 1/2 a jalapeno pepper to the jar along with a clove of garlic for each jar.

I wash the jars and boil in the hot water bath canner.. I set up a station with the pepper flakes handy, fresh dill handy, green beans already washed and trimmed in the large white collander. I heat the bands and tops in water and put a fork in the pan to remove then one at a time. I take the jars out of the boiling water canner one at a time; add a sprig of dill, and then 1/2 a jalapeno (or to taste) stuff with green beans using a fork to pack them in and then sliding them in one at a time to pack well. I add one garlic pod from the vinegar mix, 3/4 tsp of pepper flakes, then put on thingy that keeps the rim clean (large funnel) fill to 1/4 " from top with boiling vinegar... wipe jar rim clean and put on lid and then rim.. I put it back in the boiling water and get the next jar out and repeat. I begin counting 10 minutes in the boiling water after I put in the last filled jar.
They sit for 2 - 3 weeks in the pantry------- hardest part- to marry the flavors/heat. Then I put them in the refrig before I open the jar to further crisp.
I got this recipe from All recipes if you want to find it yourself... I tweeked it to make it warm.
Thank you for starting this thread Janet!!! I will post my hot sauce recipe soon. It is really good!! OK.. I'm off the hook now for posting this recipe.. I have been celebrating turning another year older.. and did not know the thread was started!!! Can't wait to try some of these recipes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Sorry about the sundowner highjack.:blushing:

I don't have any canning recipes, but I'm lovin' this thread!!! :thumbup: I'm cutting and pasting my butt off!!:D

What are the best fruits and vegetables to can?

Some popular fruits and vegetables for canning include peaches, tomatoes, green beans, and strawberries. However, you can also can a variety of other produce such as apples, corn, and pickles.

Do I need any special equipment for canning?

Yes, you will need a few key items for successful canning. These include canning jars, lids, a canning pot, and a jar lifter. Some people also use a canning funnel and a bubble remover tool for easier canning.

What is the process for canning fruits and vegetables?

The general process for canning fruits and vegetables involves preparing the produce, filling the jars, sealing the jars, and processing the jars in a water bath or pressure canner. It is important to follow proper canning guidelines and recipes to ensure safety and quality.

How long do canned goods last?

Canned goods can last for several years if stored properly in a cool, dark place. However, it is recommended to use them within 1-2 years for best quality and flavor.

Can I use any recipe for canning?

It is important to use tested and approved canning recipes to ensure safety and prevent foodborne illness. Pampered Chef offers a variety of tested and approved canning recipes for you to try.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • jj16
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • whitneythompson