• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Looking for Grease Mop Info

In summary, the conversation was about a product called the "Grease Mop" that used to be carried by Pampered Chef a few years back. The product was designed for removing grease from cooked items and could be easily cleaned in the dishwasher. However, some guests had issues with cleaning the mop by hand and it has since been discontinued due to production issues. Some guests still rave about its effectiveness, but it may be difficult to find now.
christol7
I had a show this afternoon and one of the guest was asking about a Grease Mop that we carried a few years back. I am not sure when the product was here. She states that it is a product that you would hold over the item you are cooking and the fabric would pull the grease out. Then you only needed to put the mop top in the dishwasher.

Does anyone know what she is talking about?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Christol

christol7 said:
I had a show this afternoon and one of the guest was asking about a Grease Mop that we carried a few years back. I am not sure when the product was here. She states that it is a product that you would hold over the item you are cooking and the fabric would pull the grease out. Then you only needed to put the mop top in the dishwasher.

Does anyone know what she is talking about?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Christol
It used to be in the PC line before I was a consultant. I think it WAS called the Grease Mop... you were supposed to be able to swirl it in the top of soup, gravy or other such dishes and the fat was supposed to stick to it. I did buy one but I personally didn't care for it - didn't seem to work for me. Every once in a while though, I hear of someone who raves about it or is disappointed that we no longer carry it.

Just talking about this productIt apparently still shows up in the mystery boxes at conference, although I bought 3 boxes but did not get one.

I heard that is worked great getting grease out of gravy and other foods, but it was difficult to clean and did not look or feel clean after cleaning. I would bet this is why PC no longer carries it.

Guest love it and want moreMy guest really wanted more she loved them. She said they were hard to clean if you didn't have a dishwasher. She said she just plops in the top and it would clean well. Or she would set it in the sink with dishwashing liquid and it would clean well.

I explained that it was before my time but would ask. Thank you all for your responses.

Christol

The mop......was called "Magic Mop" (product #2501). It was a PC exclusive item, but you can find similar items in houseware stores.
I had one, too and still have the original card. In spite of what she says, they were horrible to clean. Still, they were a joy to use with gravy. I used to wash it by hand, but one day decided to put mine in the dishwasher and ended up with a gritty Magic Mop. I didn't dare use it after that.

BethCooks4U said:
It used to be in the PC line before I was a consultant. I think it WAS called the Grease Mop... you were supposed to be able to swirl it in the top of soup, gravy or other such dishes and the fat was supposed to stick to it. I did buy one but I personally didn't care for it - didn't seem to work for me. Every once in a while though, I hear of someone who raves about it or is disappointed that we no longer carry it.
I just bought one, now called the Magic Mop.

HO just announced the discontinuation of the magic mop due to production issues. If you want one better get them before the are no longer available

pchefmichy said:
HO just announced the discontinuation of the magic mop due to production issues. If you want one better get them before the are no longer available
Where do you go to get this kind of information?

It's definitely on cc under the product alerts. And I might have seen it in the last issue of the stir in our emails

pchefmichy said:
It's definitely on cc under the product alerts. And I might have seen it in the last issue of the stir in our emails
Thank you. I think I am too new to have gotten a Pampered Chef email - still in my first 10 days.

1. What is a grease mop and how does it work?

A grease mop is a cleaning tool specifically designed for removing grease and grime from surfaces. It consists of a mop head with absorbent material and a handle for easy maneuvering. To use, simply dampen the mop head with a mixture of hot water and grease-cutting cleaner, then wipe over the greasy area. The mop head will absorb the grease, leaving the surface clean and shiny.

2. Can a grease mop be used on all types of surfaces?

Yes, a grease mop can be used on a variety of surfaces including tile, linoleum, laminate, and even some types of hardwood. However, it is important to always test a small, inconspicuous area first to ensure that the surface is safe to clean with a grease mop.

3. How often should a grease mop be replaced?

The frequency of replacing a grease mop depends on how often it is used and how well it is maintained. Generally, it is recommended to replace the mop head every 3-6 months or when it becomes visibly worn or dirty. The handle can last longer if it is made of durable materials and is well-cared for.

4. Can I use regular household cleaners with a grease mop?

Yes, you can use regular household cleaners with a grease mop. However, it is important to choose a cleaner specifically designed to cut through grease and grime for best results. Avoid using harsh chemicals or bleach, as they may damage the mop head and handle.

5. Are there any special care instructions for a grease mop?

To prolong the life of your grease mop, it is recommended to rinse it thoroughly after each use and hang it to dry. If the mop head becomes heavily soiled, it can be washed in hot water and mild detergent. Make sure to thoroughly rinse and air dry before using again. Additionally, avoid storing the mop in a damp or humid environment to prevent mold and mildew growth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennLizFran
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
chefann
  • yoyo284
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • smarteez2