• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grease Leaking from Stone in Oven - Possible Fire Hazard?

In summary, this woman's friend cooked bacon on a Pampered Chef large bar pan and the second time she tried it the grease ran down the stone to the bottom of the oven. The lady who called the expert said that is was not her customer, but the expert thinks that the pan had a crack in it and that the grease would not seep through the stone. The expert also suggests that the friend call HO because even though the pan has pores, a reasonable person should expect it not to leak.
I had a lady call me because her friend had been cooking bacon on the large bar pan in the oven and the second time she tried it the grease ran thr the stone to the bottom of the oven. This person it happened to was not my customer, but the lady who called me was and she is worried about using her stone again and setting her oven on fire.
Have you ever had this happen? Do you think her stone had a crack in it?

Verify she's using a Pampered Chef Lg. Bar Pan. Some people try our tips and recipe offers on pans that they've picked up somewhere else.

If it is a PC stone then it must have a crack in it. I can't imagine the grease would seep through the stone - it just won't happen like that.

MY large bar pan does it. No cracks, never even cooked bacon on it. But if you flip it over, all for corners about 4 inches in are very sticky and orange. And I can't get it off.

I baked sweet potatoes on my large bar and have the same sticky stuff on the bottom of my pan. I assumed it was from the sugars in the potatoes, but no idea how it ended up on the bottom of the pan. Like you said, it won't come off, but over time it has kind of baked off/or set on and isn't sticky anymore.

Stones have pores. It happens.

I was cleaning my desk the other day and found my new consultant kit product cards...a note at the bottom of the large bar pan card says, "to make bacon line pan with parchment paper...the parchment paper absorbs excess grease."

Thanks Jessica, Now I have an answer for her! I was worried about all the people doing bacon in the oven on the bar pan. This lady said her oven almost caught on fire.

I always line my bar pan with parchment paper when making greasy things.

Jessie Jolly said:
I was cleaning my desk the other day and found my new consultant kit product cards...a note at the bottom of the large bar pan card says, "to make bacon line pan with parchment paper...the parchment paper absorbs excess grease."

I never understood that because the first time I did bacon I used parchment paper and the grease was all over and under it. It didn't absorb much grease at all.

babywings76 said:
I never understood that because the first time I did bacon I used parchment paper and the grease was all over and under it. It didn't absorb much grease at all.

That has been my experience also. I lined it the first time I did bacon, but the grease was everywhere anyway. I have never lined it since. I think you should call HO because even though it has pores a reasonable person should expect the pan not to leak.

1. How do I prevent grease from coming through my pizza stone?

To prevent grease from coming through your pizza stone, make sure to lightly coat the stone with cooking oil before placing your food on it. You can also place a layer of parchment paper or aluminum foil between the stone and the food to help absorb excess grease.

2. Can I use my pizza stone on the grill?

Yes, you can use your pizza stone on the grill. Just make sure to place it on the grill while it is still cool and allow it to heat up gradually with the grill. This will help prevent the stone from cracking.

3. How often should I clean my pizza stone?

It is recommended to clean your pizza stone after each use. Allow it to cool completely before cleaning. Use a stiff brush or scraper to remove any leftover food particles. Do not use soap, as it can be absorbed into the stone and affect the taste of your food.

4. Can I put my pizza stone in the dishwasher?

No, you should not put your pizza stone in the dishwasher. The high heat and harsh detergents can damage the stone. Instead, clean it by hand with warm water and a brush or scraper.

5. How do I store my pizza stone?

Make sure to store your pizza stone in a cool, dry place. Avoid stacking heavy objects on top of it, as this can cause it to crack. You can also wrap it in a towel or place it in a padded bag to protect it from any potential damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • Chef Ritz
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • babywings76