• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gray Spots on Sheet Pans

In summary, gray spots on sheet pans are caused by the buildup of cooking oils and fats, and can be prevented by proper cleaning and maintenance after each use. They do not typically affect the taste of food, but if accompanied by a foul odor or visible damage, it is best to replace the pan. Existing gray spots can be removed with a baking soda paste or steel wool pad.
JulieHaak
Gold Member
I just spoke with a customer who recently purchased 2 large sheet pans. She mentioned that she has only hand washed them but one of them now has gray spots all over the pan...does anyone have any ideas about this and maybe how to clean it or should I just call HO? Tips would be great

Julie

PC was having problems last year, put a stop sell on them & resolved the issues. I'm assuming your customer has the old ones. Corporate should know by the purchase date if she has the old ones that were causing problems or if it's something going on with the newer ones.

Either way, she'll be able to exchange it for a new one. It's under warranty.

I have ones I bought in November and December 2008 and they have both done the same thing...I only hand washed also. They definitely don't look so pretty now. But besides the looks, there's nothing really "wrong" with them, correct? They are still safe to use and such?

, I'm sorry to hear about the gray spots on your sheet pan. This can sometimes happen when the pan is not properly dried after washing, or if it comes in contact with certain acidic or alkaline substances. I would recommend trying to clean the pan with a mixture of equal parts vinegar and water, or a baking soda paste. If these methods do not work, please do not hesitate to reach out to HO for further assistance. In the meantime, always make sure to thoroughly dry your pans after washing to prevent any potential damage. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and I hope the issue is resolved soon. Happy cooking!

1. What causes gray spots to appear on sheet pans?

Gray spots on sheet pans are typically caused by the buildup of cooking oils and fats over time. These residues can become baked onto the surface of the pan, resulting in a gray or discolored appearance.

2. How can I prevent gray spots from forming on my sheet pans?

The best way to prevent gray spots from forming on your sheet pans is to properly clean and maintain them after each use. Use a non-abrasive cleaner and a soft sponge or cloth to remove any residue, and make sure to thoroughly dry the pan before storing it.

3. Can gray spots on sheet pans affect the taste of my food?

In most cases, gray spots on sheet pans do not affect the taste of your food. However, if the spots are accompanied by a foul odor, it may be a sign of bacteria growth and the pan should be thoroughly cleaned or replaced.

4. Are gray spots on sheet pans harmful?

Gray spots on sheet pans are typically not harmful, but they can affect the appearance and performance of the pan. If the spots are accompanied by a foul odor or the pan is visibly damaged, it is best to replace it.

5. How can I remove existing gray spots from my sheet pans?

To remove existing gray spots from your sheet pans, you can use a mixture of baking soda and water to create a paste and scrub the affected areas. For tougher spots, you can also try using a steel wool pad, but be sure to rinse the pan thoroughly after use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kisha1210
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • mpkegley
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • beepampered