• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Humor Remembering My Grandmother's Wise Words: Marry a Woman with Small Hands

In summary, my grandmother died in 1965, but her birthday is coming up, and that always causes me to reminisce. She told me that one day, I would find a wonderful woman and start my own family. 'And always remember this thing,' she said. 'Be sure you marry a woman with small hands.' I asked her why, and she answered in her soft Irish voice that it was because 'those little hands can't grip a rock!' I tell my DH that there is a word for people like him and it starts with a 'P'. He says, 'Perseptive.' ugg!lol funny funny man!
tlag1986
Gold Member
My grandmother died in 1965, but her birthday is coming up,
and that always causes me to reminisce.
The long walks we used to take to the store on Crawford Road,
the quarters she gave me for meaningless jobs like pulling weeds
or washing the sidewalk. Those gems were all good, but the one I
remember most, the jewel in the crown of grandmotherly advice,
occurred when I was only about 13. We were sitting in a park having
just finished collecting some 40 soda bottles for the
deposit money on a beautiful spring day.
She told me that one day, I would find a wonderful woman and start my
own family. 'And always remember this thing,' she said.
'Be sure you marry a woman with small hands.'
'How come, Grandma?' I asked her.
She answered in her soft Irish voice.

"Makes your wiener look bigger."

Kinda brings a tear to your eye, doesn't it?

LOL!!! that is too funny! I needed that laugh! Thanks!

Lol that is so funny.

Now I understand why my DH loves my small hands! LOL

OH MY! LOL that just made me laugh even harder then the joke itself... don't let your hubby read that one! LOL

No kidding, I just realized I can't let him play on here without supervision. LOL

LOL!!! Guess that means he'll have to spend more time with the kids while you guard the computer!

I'm so happy we stimulated the economy last spring by buying TWO laptops. LOL

Yep! Great investment! I stimulated it too by buying one of them.

I just wanted him to NOT be on mine. He is alway dowloading all this ... stuff to keep him safe from cyber-threats. Then he has all these problems, etc. Of course I'm sure he goes places he shouldn't. LOL
I tell him there is a word for people like him and it starts with a 'P'.
He says, Perseptive. ugg!

lol funny funny man!

What is the significance of marrying a woman with small hands?

According to my grandmother, marrying a woman with small hands is a symbol of gentleness, humility, and patience. It is believed that women with small hands possess these qualities and make for better partners.

Is this advice only applicable to men?

No, my grandmother's wise words are meant for both men and women. The message is to find a partner who embodies these qualities, regardless of their gender or hand size.

Are there any cultural or historical meanings behind this saying?

Yes, in many cultures, small hands have been associated with femininity and delicacy. In ancient times, a woman's hand size was also seen as an indication of her social status and class.

Is there any scientific evidence to support this advice?

There is no scientific evidence to support this saying. It is more of a cultural belief and personal preference. However, it is always important to find a partner who shares similar values and traits.

What if my partner doesn't have small hands?

It is important to remember that this saying is not a rule or requirement for a successful marriage. It is simply a piece of advice passed down from my grandmother. Ultimately, the most important thing is to find a partner who loves and respects you, regardless of their hand size.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janezapchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
littlemaisyPC
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
Replies