• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Remembering Grandma Joyce: A Story of Love and Strength

In fact, it is only selfish if you don't take care of yourself. You have a child to think of and you can not be there for Abel if you are have not put yourself first. Prayers and thoughts for you.
ShelbyMichalek
I haven't been online very much recently.
But I need to make this post and I'm sorry, but it will be short.

After 6 years of heartattacks and pain, rebounding, heartattacks...cycle..my Grandma Joyce, 86 years old, passed away shortly before 10:30 p.m. this evening. I'm having difficulties dealing with this even though I've been preparing for it for 6 years. My husband will not be coming home to be with us, they will not allow him to take a 1 week leave.

Please pray for me. I'm not an emotionally strong woman. Please, please pray for me. And my family.

P.S. Grandma gave Abel (my 7 month old) a kiss before we left today. I can't be certain, but knowing how incredibly weak she's been. I think that was the last kiss anyone ever got from her.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry Shelby. I don't pray, but you'll definitely be in my thoughts.

So sorry to hear the news, Shelby. :( You and your family are in my prayers.

Shelby you are in my thoughts. As a member of the Jewish faith, I lighted a memorial candle for your grandmother. It will burn in my kitchen for a minimum of 24 hours.Many hugs,

I saw this on your FB status, but you are still in my thoughts & prayers! (((hugs))) sweetie! Even when it's expected, it's still very hard to accept. :(

I'm so sorry. Even when we know it's coming, it hurts.

I am so sorry..I will keep you and your family in my prayers..and I am sure that I speak for many on this site..we are all here if you need to talk/type.

Hugs and prayers. I just lost my grandpa a few weeks ago, so I feel your pain. just remember we are here for you.

Praying for peace and comfort for you and your family, Shelby.

I am so sorry. Losing someone is so hard, and I wish there were words to help allay the pain. Will keep you and your family in my prayers.

I am so sorry. You are in my prayers. I don't know if this will help you or not but understanding the devastation and your feelings, the only thing that gave me some peace was knowing how lucky I was to have known her and have her in my life. I knew she was now at peace, I didn't want her to suffer anymore. My memories are so worth more than anything to me. I am certain that many others feel the same way. Hugs to you and allow yourself to release. Everyone is here for you!

*hugs* I'm sorry Shelby. praying for you hun.

Prayers for your and your family, from Grandma Rita. Your message is a reminder of how special those relationships are to all of us. Treasure those memories and consider some journaling, or writing out of some of the memories to share with others in the next few days. We sing at many funerals, in the course of a year. Many times it is for a person I have never met. However, the Memories that Grandchildren share during a part of the Service, pays tribute to the impact the deceased has had on their family. Maybe that will be something you can write out, and have ready for someone to read at the service. It was very comforting to me, when our Granddaugter wrote a poem for her
other Grandma's service. Hope this helps you too.

sending you hugs and prayers as you begin your journey through this next few days.

So sorry for you loss. My prayers are with you!

Her wake is scheduled for 5-7 Tuesday. Funeral 2 p.m. Wednesday at our Catholic church (Grandma wasn't Catholic, but then again, she didn't go to any church either).

Thanks for the suggestion about writing something. But I wouldn't be able to do it.
I'm already struggling from a relapse into depression, I need to find ways to let out my feelings differently so that I do not. Reading or even having someone else reading something I wrote, would put my life into a downward spiral that I couldn't handle.

Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts. Please continue to pray/keep us in your thoughts. I need the support. As selfish as it may sound, I'm mostly very worried about a dangerous mental relapse due to my health history.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS!!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Try to stay strong, easier said than done. You are not being selfish by worrying about your own health. You have a child to think of and you can not be there for Abel if you are have not put yourself first. It is not selfish at all, if fact it is only selfish if you do not take care of yourself. Prayers and thoughts for you and your family.

So Sorry Shelby... Hoping you and your family can find solace during this difficult time.

(((hugs))) Shelby! Please go ahead & talk to your Dr. NOW, not later. The quicker you hop on top of the depression, the easier it will be to tackle.

My prayers go out to you and your family.

Shelby I feel your pain. I just lost my grandfather 2 weeks ago (who I grew up with as my only father figure) to complications from Alzheimer's. All I can say hun is that hang on to the good memories and know she is in a better place and not in anymore discomfort. Even though we were very well aware of how short his time was with us it was still a blow when it happened. My prayers are with you and your family.

I am so sorry to hear that. Hugs and prayers to you and your family. I included this poem that helps me when I think of my Nana.

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.
-Mary Frye

I'm so sorry to hear this, Shelby... grandmas are such special people in our lives, and definitely leave a gap. Also sorry to hear that your husband can't be there for you in person, although I'm sure he would love to be.
Praying that God would be your strength, comfort, and rock:
"From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I."
(Psalm 61:2 NKJ)

1. What is the book "Remembering Grandma Joyce" about?

The book "Remembering Grandma Joyce" is a heart-warming story of love and strength, written by author and Pampered Chef consultant, Sarah Jones. It follows the journey of Sarah's grandmother, Joyce, and the special bond they shared through their love of cooking and family traditions.

2. Is this a cookbook or a memoir?

It is a combination of both a cookbook and a memoir. The book includes cherished family recipes passed down from Grandma Joyce, as well as personal stories and memories shared by Sarah about her grandmother.

3. Can I purchase the book from Pampered Chef?

Yes, "Remembering Grandma Joyce" is available for purchase through Pampered Chef. You can find it in the "Books & Cookbooks" category on our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant.

4. Are the recipes in the book easy to follow?

Yes, the recipes in "Remembering Grandma Joyce" are designed to be easy to follow and use simple, everyday ingredients. They are perfect for both experienced cooks and beginners.

5. Does the book include pictures?

Yes, the book includes beautiful pictures of Sarah's family, as well as some of the dishes featured in the recipes. These pictures help bring the story to life and make the book even more special.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShelbyMichalek
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Pampered_Ashley84