1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Grand Opening

1. cooknjess

cooknjess Novice Member

When you have someone that knows she is going to join. And is going to have a Grand Opening.

Would you act as the Consultant at her Grand Opening and him/her as the host?

At my Fall Kick off they said the best way to get them started is to do the show for her. What is everyones thought on this?

I just feel guilty because these guests are her friends.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
    Aug 18, 2009
  2. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

My new recruit did not do a cooking show with me. She signed & then did a catalog show as her first show. She's not even attended one of my cooking shows. I told her when she does get some Cooking Shows on her calendar that I'll go with her and help her the first few times (using my tools while she's waiting for her kit to arrive). Her neighbor has booked a show for the 29th. I do the interactive shows where I introduce myself, have the guests get up, wash their hands & prepare the food, then I address the group about shipping restrictions living on the military base, host benefits, etc. I'll probably still do all of that adding in that Shannon is starting her new business and that the host & I are helping her get started. I'll probably do the intro and answer most of the questions during the preparation, but I'll encourage Shannon do the checkout & just answer any questions that she or the guest might have.

Oh and I trained Shannon on host coaching in front of her neighbor. The neighbor is super excited about hosting a $1,000 show and all the benefits that she & Shannon will get if she does. I'm excited to see if she does it for Shannon!!!

Aug 18, 2009
  3. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

If it's her Grand Opening, she needs to be the Consultant. The person submitting the show is the one who needs to be the Consultant at it, and is the one that will get paid the commission. If she would like your help and support, I'd gladly go if that will be something she would like. But the best way for a new recruit to get practice is to do their own Grand Opening, because it's typically w/ friends and family and those are people who you can feel more comfortable around.

The other option is for the potential recruit to host a show, have you as the consultant, and then they can use the kit credit coupon or just buy more products (like the DCB) that will benefit them as a consultant. You could then give her all the bookings.

But I think it's great for a recruit to do a Grand Opening, because that helps get them qualified faster.

Aug 18, 2009
  4. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

I do a kickoff show with my new consultants. Its his/her show but I do most of the talking, just to help out.

Aug 18, 2009
  5. cooknjess

cooknjess Novice Member

Thanks for everyones thoughts

Aug 18, 2009
Have something to add?