• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I spread the word about my Pampered Chef Open House/Grand Opening Show?

In summary, the couple is looking for ways to get the word out about their upcoming show and open house. They are considering sending out invitations to their neighbors, businesses in the area, and even Craigslist. They are also considering using flyers to hand out to people in person.
ChefgoesPamperedChef
Good morning,

my husband signed up to be a consultant for Pampered Chef. We're so excited and we hope to get his kit today.

We want to have an Open House/Grand Opening Show in November. Problem is, we're new here and barley know somebody. We're going to ask the people we know to invite other people to the Open House, but we still want to find other ways to spread the word so we can get more people in to reach the $ 1250, get bookings and maybe recruits?! :D

I thought about sending invitations to everybody in the neighborhood. That might be pricey, but everybody started hanging stuff on our door and I don't want to do that now as well, because I think people might get annoyed by it. Do you think its worth it?

I am a little bit afraid to post it on Craigslist. We don't live in a "dangerous" neighborhood, but there are weird people out there. Do you have experience with that?

And do you have any other ideas how to get the word out about the event? We don't have family here so we can't do that, I don't work, but we already set up a Facebook Event. ;)

Thank you so much!

It's hard to bring in the neighbors if they don't know you yet. It doesn't hurt to try, but I'd hand deliver the flyers and introduce yourselves. Treat it as an opportunity for the neighbors to all have a get-together. Put out a "Open House" sign with balloons in front of your home. Although...I wonder if that would look like a realtor thing. ;)How about your local businesses? Your bank, dr., dentist, post office, grocery store, etc. Have flyers and mini catalogs with your address and phone number on them and strike up conversations with everyone about it.

Do you have co-workers you could invite? I might consider neighbors right on my street in direct vicinity of the house, and it's great to encourage them to bring a friend. You could use one of the flyers here announcing that there is a PC consultant in the neighborhood
I know we can't "advertise" on Craigslist in the sense of trying to use it to find hosts, so I'm not 100% sure about posting an event there....might be something in the policy guide about that...and I don't know I'd even want to go there..does seem like some unsavory type could see it as an opportunity..

He invites is co-workers, but I am stay-at-home mom so I don't have any. And we really don't wanna ring on our neighbors doors, because we have that a lot here and I am annoyed by it. So I thought sending them a postcard wouldn't be such a bad idea. And we won't advertise on Craigslist.

I personally would slip flyers into peoples mailboxes. I know some people get annoyed by that stuff but I would think more people would really want to come and meet their new neighbors instead of being annoyed by a piece of paper. And maybe make a little different flyer for your neighborhood people and put that you are doing an Open House Grand Opening but also put something in there about....."We're new to the neighborhood and would love the opportunity to meet everyone" or something to that effect so that they know that you would really like to meet them. I think that would bring some of the neighbors at least and I'm sure they would place an order to get you to deliver their order and find out more about you once you deliver their stuff....People are nosey...especially about new people in the neighborhood. I know I was new to my neighborhood not so long ago and a few girls had jewelry parties and stuff and were hesitant to bring an invite to me b/c they did not know me. I accepted and went to every single one b/c it was a chance for me to meet them. Trust me - people want to get to know you but don't know how to approach you - so if you approach them with an invite I think you will get a great response. Hope this helps a bit. It's hard to do this when you don't have co-workers or family to invite....so take a big leap:) Your neighbors will be your best friends in no time....Mine are all my best friends now:)

Jessica Gilbert said:
I personally would slip flyers into peoples mailboxes. I know some people get annoyed by that stuff but I would think more people would really want to come and meet their new neighbors instead of being annoyed by a piece of paper. And maybe make a little different flyer for your neighborhood people and put that you are doing an Open House Grand Opening but also put something in there about....."We're new to the neighborhood and would love the opportunity to meet everyone" or something to that effect so that they know that you would really like to meet them. I think that would bring some of the neighbors at least and I'm sure they would place an order to get you to deliver their order and find out more about you once you deliver their stuff....People are nosey...especially about new people in the neighborhood. I know I was new to my neighborhood not so long ago and a few girls had jewelry parties and stuff and were hesitant to bring an invite to me b/c they did not know me. I accepted and went to every single one b/c it was a chance for me to meet them. Trust me - people want to get to know you but don't know how to approach you - so if you approach them with an invite I think you will get a great response. Hope this helps a bit. It's hard to do this when you don't have co-workers or family to invite....so take a big leap:) Your neighbors will be your best friends in no time....Mine are all my best friends now:)

This is a good idea, with personalizing the flier for the neighborhood etc. EXCEPT IT IS ILLEGAL TO PUT FLIERS INSIDE MAILBOXES. IT IS A FEDERAL OFFENSE. Better to take the idea then personally hand deliver each flier, talk to your neighbors, try to get names and phone numbers, put out a yard sign to remind them, etc.

I also would not invite on Craigslist. You do not want people who you don't know coming to your home. I'd carry lots of invites that you can pass around as you run into neighbors, past co workers and associates. Invite any members of any groups you're a part of: church, kid assn's, neighbor assn's etc. I'd ask the Home Owner Association if you could do a monthly cooking class that they'd advertise in their community communication (board, newsletter, emails).

Definitely encourage each RSVP to bring 2 or 3 friends and family members. Invite everyone who you already do have a connection with - stylists, realtor, landlord, bank tellers, cashiers....those who have seen you a couple of times and you are familiar with. If they can't come to your kick off, don't forget to mention that THEY can host and get fab rewards. :)

Wishing you much success!!

pchockeymom said:
This is a good idea, with personalizing the flier for the neighborhood etc. EXCEPT IT IS ILLEGAL TO PUT FLIERS INSIDE MAILBOXES. IT IS A FEDERAL OFFENSE. Better to take the idea then personally hand deliver each flier, talk to your neighbors, try to get names and phone numbers, put out a yard sign to remind them, etc.

Sorry did not know it was a federal offense to put flyers in mailboxes....but I know now because YOU WROTE IT ALL IN CAPS SO THAT I WOULD NOT MISS IT!!! THANK YOU FOR THE INFO I REALLY APPRECIATE IT.....:)

jessica gilbert said:
sorry did not know it was a federal offense to put flyers in mailboxes....but i know now because you wrote it all in caps so that i would not miss it!!! Thank you for the info i really appreciate it.....:)

no problem;)

Jessica, I didn't know either. But years ago (before I signed on with PC), I put flyers on/in the mailboxes in the neighborhood asking everyone if they wanted to participate in a neighborhood yard sale. The postman was nice enough to bring one of the flyers back to me letting me know that it is a Federal Offense to put anything in/on a mailbox that's not gone through the mail system with the proper postage. I appreciated the warning (vs having a postal inspector tell me with a citation), but I spent the next 3 days wondering WHICH house didn't get their flyer! LOLTo answer the original poster's question ... personal contact is always best. You can introduce yourself to people in the grocery store, join some mommy groups (meetup.com is a great start), your hubby can become a member of the local Chamber of Commerce and advertise through them. Have him do the online training classes available on the Consultant's side of the web board. It gives lots of great ideas for how to overcome objections. But he will want to read the policy & procedures so he knows what he can & can't do. We can advertise in our local papers as long as they are not the top 100 papers (PC already advertises in those). They recently revamped the rules so it now reads that if the online option is part of the printed advertisement, it's okay. But we can't go to places who are charging us for an online advertisement (such as Craigslist, Bookoo.com, etc. Google "vendor events" in your area & see if there are opportunities for your hubby to get out & do some booths to get his name out more in the community, etc.

Jessica, one thing you may want to do is talk to one of your neighbors to find out if your neighborhood had a yahoo group or facebook page. Ours does and we also have a lady who keeps up a neighborhood directory. When I had my open house I sent everyone emails and followed up with personal phone calls to those who did not respond. I know not every neighborhood has the resources mine does; which I am thankful for, so if yours does not I would take a walk one afternoon and try to personally talk to as many people as I could. The personal touch which seems to be dying out is still the most effective! Everyone I personally reached out to really appreciated the call or me stopping by. Best of luck to you!

I did't think it was illegal to put something ON a mailbox. I get lots of fliers folded and placed on the flag. Are you sure??

Hi, and welcome to you and your husband!

I just held a first "really successful" open house, having had 4 times in the past where I invited the neighbors, invited friends I knew, invited folks from church, then invited my "whole group of friends". The most I had attend in the past, was 2. 2 orders does not $150 make (depending on the orders, I know...)

Anyway - JACKPOT! I sent out postcards I made using Wordle.net first - printed on neon bright cardstock (see attached back; front was too big to load). Then, I sent out the letter with a "drawing ticket" in the middle, and included a mini catalog. The letter and mini cat went out the week of the event. The postcards went out a month before. I had 9 people in attendance, 2 orders beforehand and 5 orders since. Sales are at $650 and counting - I took a break to write in tonight, before calling back the last 3 order folks. (one gal wants a large griddle and stir fry pan!) I'm hoping this make it to a $1K show; I know I spent a bit more than that, but most of the sales were from my "as is" items (past products I've owned and not used for several years, duplicates of stones, etc.) The silent bids didn't draw many bids, but this was all about the number of folks who came - 9 with $650 in sales is like $75/person!

It did take me a LONG time to address the postcards, and I hand-wrote each address. I believe strongly in handwritten envelopes (bills and impersonal form notes are computer-generated) but had the best response from Facebook and Pampered Chef eVites. I could've doubled the attendance if I had called 2 days prior to the show, but we've been through major life turmoil with a hot water heater replaced, bathroom remodel that was set back 2 days b/c hot water heater project, and now new carpet being installed (which is great, but who has time to move furniture?)

Enough ranting... here's the attachments - good luck!

Keep in mind that it is a relationship business and you'll do well. Keep it about them, and not about you. Bad question: would you like me to do a show for you? Good question: Can I treat you and your friends to a delicious new recipe - I'll even come over and make it live we can have our own cooking show!

Last edited:

What is a Grand Opening Show/Open House?

A Grand Opening Show/Open House is a special event where a new Pampered Chef consultant showcases our products and services to potential customers and hosts. It is a great way to introduce new people to our brand and build relationships with them.

When and where can I attend a Grand Opening Show/Open House?

Grand Opening Shows/Open Houses are typically held at the consultant's home or a designated event space. The date and location can vary, so it's best to check with your local consultant for upcoming events in your area.

Do I need to RSVP for a Grand Opening Show/Open House?

While it is not required, we highly recommend RSVPing for a Grand Opening Show/Open House. This allows the consultant to plan for the appropriate number of guests and ensure that there is enough food and product samples for everyone.

What can I expect at a Grand Opening Show/Open House?

At a Grand Opening Show/Open House, you can expect to see product demonstrations, sample delicious food made with our products, and learn about the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions and place orders for any products that interest you.

Can I bring a friend or family member to a Grand Opening Show/Open House?

Yes, you are welcome to bring a friend or family member to a Grand Opening Show/Open House. We encourage guests to bring someone who may be interested in learning more about our products or hosting a party. The more, the merrier!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jwann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies