• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unique Graduation Gift Ideas for Your Daughter: A Diamond Necklace and More!

In summary, my daughter is graduating from high school next week and I was thinking about what to get her. I liked the idea of a necklace with diamonds, but my stepdad took my sister shopping and completely loaded up her kitchen with all necessities. He paid off one of her credit cards. I like the idea of a laundry basket, but my favorite graduation gift is the cedar hope chest my grandmother gave me. I plan on making one for each of my kids eventually.
pampchefrhondab
Hey,

My daughter is graduating from HS next week (I'm so old):eek: !

I was thinking about what to get her and thought about a small diamond necklace w/3 stones for past, present and future. What do you think about that?

Any other ideas? (My Dad is getting her a laptop w/carrying bag).

Is she leaving home right off the bat? My stepdad took my sister shopping and completely loaded up her kitchen with all necessities ... and paid off one of her credit cards. Of course, she was graduating from college. /:

I like the diamonds idea. But then again, I just love diamonds. Ask my DH. :)

The necklace is definitely a sentimental, grown-up, lovely gift.

You can't go wrong with diamonds!

:)

My favorite graduation gift, 20 years ago, wow, was the cedar hope chest my grandmother gave me. I have it in my bedroom. I keep all my yearbooks, special toys I had, keepsakes, etc. It is my favorite and the gift that stands out.

My favorite gift and one we are making for my neice this year is a quilt. When I was graduating from high school, my mom cut out squares of fabric and passed them onto my family, friends, teachers, coworkers. Then she told them they were going to be made into a quilt and they could put whatever they wanted on the square. I still sleep with that quilt everynight. It is so warm and I just love it. When she got the squares back (I helped her put them on) and we just got a big piece of fabric with my school colors on it and then sewd them on top of the fabric connecting each corner with another corner then sewd the whole thing together. It didn't take long. I love looking at the quilt, it reminds me of high school and I LOVED high school. I would go back in a second.

Wow a hope chest and quilt are great ideas! I wish I would have asked sooner then a week before. Unfortunately there would be no room for a hope chest in my daughter's room since she has to share w/her sister:)! I would have not time to make a quilt. I do plan on making one for each of my kids eventually though. I have saved all of their special T-shirts to make them. They were in swimming, had T-shirts for school uniforms, got some at special events, etc. My son has baseball ones w/his numbers. I thought these would make a great memory for them. I just don't have the time to make them while they are living at home.

Thank you so much.

The one really practical gift that I still remember after all these years is a laundry basket! My aunt and uncle filled it fill of cleaning supplies, detergents, etc. I still use the laundry basket to this day because they picked a nice sturdy one. It's about 10 years old now.

I do like the thought of the necklace though. It's something your daughter could use to remember you especially if she's leaving for college.

LOVE the idea of a necklace from a mom! - I agree - can't go wrong with diamonds - she will keep it forever!!! :love:

The laundry basket is SUCH a cool idea - but maybe from someone else OTHER THAN your mom.

pampchefrhondab said:
Wow a hope chest and quilt are great ideas! I wish I would have asked sooner then a week before. Unfortunately there would be no room for a hope chest in my daughter's room since she has to share w/her sister:)! I would have not time to make a quilt. I do plan on making one for each of my kids eventually though. I have saved all of their special T-shirts to make them. They were in swimming, had T-shirts for school uniforms, got some at special events, etc. My son has baseball ones w/his numbers. I thought these would make a great memory for them. I just don't have the time to make them while they are living at home.

Thank you so much.

I have saved special shirts for my kids as well! I have a quilt that was made for me when I was 18. It was in the colors of my term (I was HQ for my bethel of Jobs Daughters). My kids use it and love to read the quilt squares. I love gifts like that with so much meaning behind them. I really like the diamond idea as well...my oldest DD is 8 so it will be a while before I can use it for my girls.

The laundry basket is a great idea. I forgot to mention in my first and second post, for now she is staying home for school. She wants to be a nurse and they have a great program at the local college. This will save her so much money! Also, she received a $1,000 scholarship for the first year!! We were so excited for her.

Erin I think that is so cool that you've saved your kids special shirst too. I had never heard of it before, but just couldn't part with my son's first T-Ball shirt! I decided I'd save them. My husband asked what I was going to save them for so I came up w/the idea of a quilt.

You could do a special Mother Daughter weekend at a spa.

Although the diamond necklace sounds GREAT too ! :)

pampchefrhondab said:
Erin I think that is so cool that you've saved your kids special shirst too. I had never heard of it before, but just couldn't part with my son's first T-Ball shirt! I decided I'd save them. My husband asked what I was going to save them for so I came up w/the idea of a quilt.

I am pretty sure the fact that I had a quilt made for me before I had kids is the reason I saved all the t-shirts. I also have kept favorite outfits over the years to make into squares for each kids quilt. I have every school t-shirt, sports t's and scouting t's. With the way I am saving..they will be getting king size quilts! LOL!

I like the spa idea!! That would be fun!!

Wow Erin your kids quilts are going to be huge. I saves some of my favorite outfits too! Not sure I could cut them up though! I'll have to see.

I think the necklace would be a lovely keepsake forever. She might also like a t-shirt or sweatshirt with her college name/logo on it from the campus bookstore (in addition to the necklace, of course). Or an inspirational book about nursing (quotes for nurses, Chicken Soup for Nurses Soul, etc.) to help her focus on her goals.

There's also a wonderful book for someone who is graduating...Dr Seuss..."Oh the Places You Will Go." This is not a child's book. It's such a wonderful book that talks about the places you will go, the things that you will see...it brings tears to my eyes thinking about it (I'm sappy). It will be the first thing that I give my children on their graduation day!

RossDeb2 said:
There's also a wonderful book for someone who is graduating...Dr Seuss..."Oh the Places You Will Go." This is not a child's book. It's such a wonderful book that talks about the places you will go, the things that you will see...it brings tears to my eyes thinking about it (I'm sappy). It will be the first thing that I give my children on their graduation day!
This really is a great book!

nicki25 said:
My favorite gift and one we are making for my neice this year is a quilt. When I was graduating from high school, my mom cut out squares of fabric and passed them onto my family, friends, teachers, coworkers. Then she told them they were going to be made into a quilt and they could put whatever they wanted on the square. I still sleep with that quilt everynight. It is so warm and I just love it. When she got the squares back (I helped her put them on) and we just got a big piece of fabric with my school colors on it and then sewd them on top of the fabric connecting each corner with another corner then sewd the whole thing together. It didn't take long. I love looking at the quilt, it reminds me of high school and I LOVED high school. I would go back in a second.

The daughter of a friend had someone do this for her. She was active in Color Guard, and in all sorts of musical and drama productions - and had T-shirts from all of the productions and band competitions throughout high school. So she had a quilt that was the made of all of those t-shirts, with a large school logo piece in the middle, and a place for all of her friends to sign the quilt.

They had it hanging on the wall at her Graduation Open House - it was so much fun to trace her school career by looking at all of the squares of the quilt!

Wow, that would have been so cool to have the quilt signed at her graduation! That is not going to happen here - but how cool!

A book and t-shirt is also a great idea. I think I'll get them to have her sister and brother give to her.

I found a necklace for her at Kohls. It is in a tear drop shape w/three diamonds which gradually get bigger. We went shopping for her dress this past weekend and luckily the one she picked is going to be perfect with it! I'm so sad, but so happy for her as well.

She came home today with her cap and gown. I wanted to cry when she put it on. Today was her last day of school! I told her I was going to take her picture since I took it on the first day of school, but I didn't (she over slept this morning). I'm so glad she is staying home for college:)!

Thank you so much everyone.

They weren't expensive, but I still treasure the earrings I got as a gift from my mother. LOVE the necklace idea and can't suggest anything better if I tried.(Of course, if she is moving, I'd get her a set of Micro cookers too!)

What makes a diamond necklace a unique graduation gift for my daughter?

A diamond necklace is a timeless and elegant piece of jewelry that signifies love, success, and achievement. It is a perfect way to celebrate your daughter's graduation and show how proud you are of her accomplishments. The sparkle and beauty of a diamond necklace will also serve as a reminder of her hard work and determination.

Can I customize the diamond necklace for my daughter?

Yes, at Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of diamond necklaces that can be customized to make them even more special for your daughter. You can choose the style, size, and type of diamond to create a one-of-a-kind piece that reflects your daughter's unique personality and style.

Are there other unique graduation gift ideas besides a diamond necklace?

Yes, we have a wide selection of unique and meaningful graduation gifts for your daughter. Our personalized cutting boards, engraved photo frames, and custom recipe boxes are some of our top picks. These gifts can be personalized with your daughter's name, graduation year, or a heartfelt message to make them extra special.

Do you offer gift wrapping services for graduation gifts?

Yes, we offer gift wrapping services for all our products, including our graduation gifts. Our gift wrapping is elegant and professional, making your daughter's gift look even more beautiful and presentable. You can also add a personalized note to the gift wrapping to make it more heartfelt.

Can I have the diamond necklace delivered directly to my daughter?

Yes, we offer direct shipping to your daughter's address. This allows you to surprise her with the gift even if you are not able to attend her graduation ceremony. Simply enter your daughter's address as the shipping address during checkout, and we will take care of the rest.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas