• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gourmet Meals in 30-45 Minutes: Fast Food My Way!

I might need to get back in the game because there are so many new products on the market. Definitely 29 minutes to Dinner for more gourmet like meals.And yes, you can make whatever recipe you'd like since you're demoing the tools, not the recipes :)Easy and Impressive Appetizers has the high end food items not seen before in PC cookbooks. They let the test kitchens go wild. Lobster Newburg Dip. Yum! But with cream cheese in it instead of making a true cream sauce. See if you can borrow it. It's one of the lesser expensive cookbooks. I made the Sundried Tomato Puffs (not the real name) for a party with my friends and they scarfed them up
Barry Carlton
Does anyone have any recipes that can be done in 30-45 min that might be considered gourmet> Kinda like "Fast Food My Way" by by Jacques Pepin.

I have a probable show for a cooking group in Jan. These are all "foodies" and I would like to WoW them in addition to selling.

Thanx

I would consider many of the recipes in the 29 minutes to dinner cookbooks to be along the gourmet line.

I would not worry so much about recipe choice. If you're doing a recipe that you're comfortable with, you will do a good show. I'm assuming you're doing a main course recipe. How about adding more uses for the products that you'll demo? Then you can go gourmet. Instead of talking about using the Mix N Chop for ground beef for taco night, think of more exotic uses for ground beef/turkey/chicken/sausage. How about for the avocados for guacamole? Emphasize that there are tools for people who like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen and there are tools to make tasks quicker and easier.

Also, some people who consider themselves foodies just mean they don't do processed foods but would be completely lost in a gourmet food store. As in, "above" Hamburger Helper but not going to make a souffle.

Just talk food and have fun! If you're not a foodie (at least what you think they think of themselves), pick up a magazine like "Gourmet" or "Food & Wine" and see what's written.

ChefBeckyD said:
I would consider many of the recipes in the 29 minutes to dinner cookbooks to be along the gourmet line.

That's what I was going to say too.

Referring to the 29 min CB'sI don't have those yet. I have just reinstated my standing after letting it go in the mid '90's. I guess I still am thinking the cheesy pillsbury ricipes in the 90's.What cook book would you recommend for the best 'gourmet' type recipes?Maybe I could use the Jacques book (I have it) and use PC tools and cookware.

Barry Carlton said:
Referring to the 29 min CB's

I don't have those yet. I have just reinstated my standing after letting it go in the mid '90's. I guess I still am thinking the cheesy pillsbury ricipes in the 90's.

What cook book would you recommend for the best 'gourmet' type recipes?

Maybe I could use the Jacques book (I have it) and use PC tools and cookware.

Definitely 29 minutes to Dinner for more gourmet like meals.

And yes, you can make whatever recipe you'd like since you're demoing the tools, not the recipes :)

Easy and Impressive Appetizers has the high end food items not seen before in PC cookbooks. They let the test kitchens go wild. Lobster Newburg Dip. Yum! But with cream cheese in it instead of making a true cream sauce. See if you can borrow it. It's one of the lesser expensive cookbooks. I made the Sundried Tomato Puffs (not the real name) for a party with my friends and they scarfed them up. Not really a demo recipe. Remember, your demo recipe should use a few good products that you can cross-sell with other products. The guests are there to eat. You are there to sell.

Gone are the crescent rolls!!!! I guess some consultants still do braids and wreaths for their shows. Most PC pizza recipes call for the Pillsbury dough, but that's about the only thing from the old days.

If you can borrow some rubs or seasonings from your upline, I would do that. Introduce the guests to some new flavors.

Becca_in_MD said:
I would not worry so much about recipe choice. If you're doing a recipe that you're comfortable with, you will do a good show. I'm assuming you're doing a main course recipe. How about adding more uses for the products that you'll demo? Then you can go gourmet. Instead of talking about using the Mix N Chop for ground beef for taco night, think of more exotic uses for ground beef/turkey/chicken/sausage. How about for the avocados for guacamole? Emphasize that there are tools for people who like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen and there are tools to make tasks quicker and easier.

Also, some people who consider themselves foodies just mean they don't do processed foods but would be completely lost in a gourmet food store. As in, "above" Hamburger Helper but not going to make a souffle.

Just talk food and have fun! If you're not a foodie (at least what you think they think of themselves), pick up a magazine like "Gourmet" or "Food & Wine" and see what's written.

But, I am a 'foodie'. I really cook. That's part of the reason I stopped selling in the 90's. I did not believe in the cutlery and cookware when they first introduced them. I had good pans and knives.

Now,however, I think that PC is better than All Clad (my sets of pans) and I totally love the cutlery, for the price point!!!!

That said. I would love to have something with a really WoW factor to make and serve to those with the more discriminating palate.

I am sure I could come up w/ something (and I and I may have to) but I wanted to ask you with more experience for suggestions.

PS My 4 show this Sat (3rd cooking) is shaping up to be 600+ :D

You would have plenty of time to get the Appetizer cookbook and maybe one of the 29-minute books, and then practice a few over the holidays.And yes, a lot of the newer books use REAL food, versus prepackaged Pillsbury. You still occasionally have them, but not like it used to be!

Becca_in_MD said:
Easy and Impressive Appetizers has the high end food items not seen before in PC cookbooks. They let the test kitchens go wild. Lobster Newburg Dip. Yum! But with cream cheese in it instead of making a true cream sauce. See if you can borrow it. It's one of the lesser expensive cookbooks. I made the Sundried Tomato Puffs (not the real name) for a party with my friends and they scarfed them up. Not really a demo recipe. Remember, your demo recipe should use a few good products that you can cross-sell with other products. The guests are there to eat. You are there to sell.Gone are the crescent rolls!!!! I guess some consultants still do braids and wreaths for their shows. Most PC pizza recipes call for the Pillsbury dough, but that's about the only thing from the old days.If you can borrow some rubs or seasonings from your upline, I would do that. Introduce the guests to some new flavors.
Thank youI am already featuring the Bread Dips. I will make it a goal to get the Appetizer book!!! ( I started this again due to lack of money...that is a factor). But is is now on my "to get" list.

I guess you need to get into the deeper question of what you want your biz to be like. I, too, love food. I used to focus so much on offering new and different recipes for shows except no hosts wanted the 3-onion goat cheese tart as the demo b/c the a) didn't like the ingredients themselves or b) were pretty sure that most of their guests wouldn't like them. If you're interested in one good show with like-minded people, then go nuts and adapt a non-PC recipe and spend whatever time you want on developing it for a show. On the other hand, if you want people to consider joining you in the biz, I would not come across as a serious chef b/c they'll think they need to be one to be a consultant and I would not look like I spent a lot of time prepping for one show. Also, do you want your host to only invite "foodies" or do you want her/him to also invite people look for shortcuts or inspiration to get them in the kitchen at all? Not to say at all that you have to do a cookie cutter PC recipe. Just think beyond your personal satisfaction to what your real goal is. Then let me know what Jacque recipe you come up with b/c I'm sure I'll want to try it!

BTW, my Director came for lunch a couple of months ago. I made a recipe from Cooking Light for a Southwestern Cobb Salad. We loved it. I think I'm making that into a show recipe for next summer. She agreed it would make a good show recipe b/c it would use good tools, be quick and simple enough to do in a 45 min. demo and most people will like the flavor. And that gets into the time factor. PC demos are a lot shorter now. People don't have the time to sit. They want to be in and out and have time to socialize.

I just went and grabbed my 29 minutes to Dinner cookbook...here are the recipes.

Chicken

Provencal Chicken with Brown Rice
Curried Chicken with Couscous
Artichoke Chicken with Roasted Potatoes
Paprika Chicken and Egg Noodles
Turkey Gyros
Skillet Lasagna
Pecan Crusted Chicken with Sweet Mustard Dressing
Turkey Saltimboccca
Crunnchy Whole Grain Chicken Bites
Glazed Chicken with Apple Salad
Tex Mex Chicken and Rice Skillet
Almond Chicken Stir Fry
Berry Pine Nut Chicken Salad
Chicken Posole Verde
Mediterranean Quesadillas with Antipasto Relish
Thai Basil Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Last edited:
Fish and Seafood

Sesame Tilapia with Shiitake Broth
Shrimp Panzanella Salad
Peppery Fish Chowder
Dijon Crusted Halibut and Roasted Asparagus
Sake Glazed Halibut With Edamame Rice
Crispy Parmesan Shrimp with Spaghetti
Garam Masala Salmon
Rigatoni with Tuna and Sun Dried Tomatoes
Shrimp Orzo Skillet
Grilled Tilapia with Pineapple Salsa
Barbecue Salmon with Radish Slaw
Campanelle with Creamy Tomato Clam Sauce

Last edited:
Beef and Pork

Ultimate Peppercorn Burgers
Chimichurri Steak Salad
BLT Mac and Cheese
Beef Tenderloin with Mushroom Ragout
Gremolata Steak with Mascarpone Potatoes
Beef Enchilda Casserole
Chipotle Herb Flank Steak with Cilantro Rice
Pork Tenderloin Tacos
Brown Butter Tortellini with Spinach and Ham
Tuscan White Bean and Sausage Stew
Jerk Pork Tenderloin with Mango Salad
Korean Style Beef Bowl
Toasted Angel Hair with Sausage and Peppers
Italian Meatball Soup
Moroccan Pork Chops

Last edited:
kcjodih said:
I just went and grabbed my 29 minutes to Dinner cookbook...here are the recipes.

Provencal Chicken with Brown Rice
Curried Chicken with Couscous
Artichoke Chicken with Roasted Potatoes
Paprika Chicken and Egg Noodles
Turkey Gyros
Skillet Lasagna
Pecan Crusted Chicken with Sweet Mustard Dressing
Turkey Saltimboccca
Crunnchy Whole Grain Chicken Bites
Glazed Chicken with Apple Salad
Tex Mex Chicken and Rice Skillet
Almond Chicken Stir Fry
Berry Pine Nut Chicken Salad
Chicken Posole Verde
Mediterranean Quesadillas with Antipasto Relish
Thai Basil Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Thank you so much. They sound Great!!!!

Becca_in_MD said:
I guess you need to get into the deeper question of what you want your biz to be like. I, too, love food. I used to focus so much on offering new and different recipes for shows except no hosts wanted the 3-onion goat cheese tart as the demo b/c the a) didn't like the ingredients themselves or b) were pretty sure that most of their guests wouldn't like them. If you're interested in one good show with like-minded people, then go nuts and adapt a non-PC recipe and spend whatever time you want on developing it for a show. On the other hand, if you want people to consider joining you in the biz, I would not come across as a serious chef b/c they'll think they need to be one to be a consultant and I would not look like I spent a lot of time prepping for one show. Also, do you want your host to only invite "foodies" or do you want her/him to also invite people look for shortcuts or inspiration to get them in the kitchen at all? Not to say at all that you have to do a cookie cutter PC recipe. Just think beyond your personal satisfaction to what your real goal is. Then let me know what Jacque recipe you come up with b/c I'm sure I'll want to try it!

BTW, my Director came for lunch a couple of months ago. I made a recipe from Cooking Light for a Southwestern Cobb Salad. We loved it. I think I'm making that into a show recipe for next summer. She agreed it would make a good show recipe b/c it would use good tools, be quick and simple enough to do in a 45 min. demo and most people will like the flavor. And that gets into the time factor. PC demos are a lot shorter now. People don't have the time to sit. They want to be in and out and have time to socialize.

Yeah, I get the intimidation factor. This question is for a specific show and a specific guest set.

Please don't think that I want to make this a regular model as I know that will not fit with the average hostess or guest.

Thank you for all your very fast responses. This is equal to another forum I am a part of. I am very impressed.

Barry is just my favorite guy tonight ;)

You can search recipes on Cons. Conn. You can search by tool or ingredient. The recipes that are/were in more recent Season's Best are downloadable, ie FREE. Or you can just pull up each of the Season's Bests that are on there and see if any of those recipes float your boat, like the 3-onion goat cheese tart.

And finally the meatless section...

Spanish Style Stuffed Peppers
Caprese Pizzas
Hot and Sour Soup
Spicy Broccoli Frittata
Persian Chickpea Salad
Pan Fried Polenta with Vegetable Marinara
Poached Eggs Florentine
Lightening Fast Veggie Chili
Crunchy Breakfast Tacos
Harvest Brown Rice Salad
Grilled Portobello Bruschetta

kcjodih said:
Sesame Tilapia with Shiitake Broth
Shrimp Panzanella Salad
Peppery Fish Chowder
Dijon Crusted Halibut and Roasted Asparagus
Sake Glazed Halibut With Edamame Rice
Crispy Parmesan Shrimp with Spaghetti
Garam Masala Salmon
Rigatoni with Tuna and Sun Dried Tomatoes
Shrimp Orzo Skillet
Grilled Tilapia with Pineapple Salsa
Barbecue Salmon with Radish Slaw
Campanelle with Creamy Tomato Clam Sauce

kcjodih said:
Ultimate Peppercorn Burgers
Chimichurri Steak Salad
BLT Mac and Cheese
Beef Tenderloin with Mushroom Ragout
Gremolata Steak with Mascarpone Potatoes
Beef Enchilda Casserole
Chipotle Herb Flank Steak with Cilantro Rice
Pork Tenderloin Tacos
Brown Butter Tortellini with Spinach and Ham
Tuscan White Bean and Sausage Stew
Jerk Pork Tenderloin with Mango Salad
Korean Style Beef Bowl
Toasted Angel Hair with Sausage and Peppers
Italian Meatball Soup
Moroccan Pork Chops

Sorry....old newbie here.

Are these 'show recipes'? like 30-45 min. ?

They do not all make good show recipes. I use several of them for dinner for my family but using 3 tools is not going to get you good sales.

Also, I'm assuming you just have your kit products right now. You want to focus on large bar pan recipes or small saute pan. Or, borrow a 12" skillet or Deep Covered Baker from someone.

Here's the 29 Minutes to Dinner Volume 2....

Poultry

Pan Seared Chicken Breasts with Creamy Lemon Sauce
Chicken and Noodle Stir Fry
Swedish Style Turkey Meatballs
Chicken with Fennel and Creamy Tomato Sauce
Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken with Lemon Basil Rice
Tamale Corn Cakes with Rajas Topping
Chicken and Toasted Barley Salad
Polenta Lasagna
Crunchy Curried Chicken Salad
Chicken Chilaquiles
Moroccan Spiced Apricot Chicken with Couscous
Braised Cabernet Chicken
Skillet Phyllo Pot Pie
Tzatziki Pasta and Chicken Salad
Southwestern Pizza Con Queso
Indian Spiced Chicken Pitas

Becca_in_MD said:
They do not all make good show recipes. I use several of them for dinner for my family but using 3 tools is not going to get you good sales. Also, I'm assuming you just have your kit products right now. You want to focus on large bar pan recipes or small saute pan. Or, borrow a 12" skillet or Deep Covered Baker from someone.
Yeah, I borrow some things....but you have no idea what I have accumulated over the years. My director saw things that she did not even know existed!!!I did do well in the mid '90's! :D

Fish and Seafood

Maple Bourbon Glazed Salmon
Chipotle Shrimp Scampi
Toasted Sesame Salmon
Caribbean Tuna Cakes
Spicy Thai Shrimp Soup
Oven Fried Catfish Po' Boys
Potato Crusted Tilapia
Cajun Shrimp with Smoked Gouda Grits
Halibut Puttanesca
Grilled Fish Tacos
Seared Scallops with Creamy Parsley Pesto

I think the Cooking for Two or More has a lot of "Gourmet type" recipes.

Our recipes have changed big time since the 90's. Most of the newer cookbooks have very little of the crescent roll/cheesy recipes any more.

There are also a lot of gourmet type recipes available online at CC in the theme shows area.

Barry Carlton said:
But, I am a 'foodie'. I really cook. That's part of the reason I stopped selling in the 90's. I did not believe in the cutlery and cookware when they first introduced them. I had good pans and knives.

Now,however, I think that PC is better than All Clad (my sets of pans) and I totally love the cutlery, for the price point!!!!

That said. I would love to have something with a really WoW factor to make and serve to those with the more discriminating palate.

I am sure I could come up w/ something (and I and I may have to) but I wanted to ask you with more experience for suggestions.

PS My 4 show this Sat (3rd cooking) is shaping up to be 600+ :D

I'm a foodie. In fact, I was a Personal Chef before I began to focus more on my Pampered Chef business.

Like Becca said, I guess you need to focus on what you want your business to be like.
For myself, I'm also the mom of a 6 yr. old and the wife of a very busy man. Although I'm a Foodie - I don't live in a world of gourmet meals every day. I live in the world of wanting to make healthy, flavorful meals for my family, but without spending several hours in the kitchen. And that's where my shows come from. I RARELY do dessert shows. I occasionally do appetizer shows. But the bulk of my business is done showing people how they can let go of convenience foods, and make healthy, family friendly meals from real ingredients in 30 minutes or less. I NEVER use recipes other than PC recipes. (although I have to admit to making changes where I see fit).

I've never made a ring, wreath, or braid for a show (In 8 years!) although I've used crescent roll dough as a crust occasionally. (mostly for Clubhouse Chicken Squares) I cannot believe that even foodies don't use products like that occasionally. In fact, I know that they do - because I've cooked in some very "Foodie" kitchens as a Personal Chef...so I know what they have in their refrigerators and freezers. :eek::D

However, I have to say that if you take the stance that you are a "foodie" and are above making recipes from PC, unless they meet your standards of gourmet(Which means different things to different people), then you will be limiting yourself and your business, because most people who would want to book shows will not be able to relate to you or your cooking. I get the most bookings at shows when I show people how to make Fajitas in 15 minutes - from scratch, or Loaded Baked Potato Chowder, or an entire Roasted Chicken Dinner in 30 minutes.
I don't think I'd try to impress "Foodies" with the recipes. I'd focus more on impressing them with the quality of the tools. After all, speaking as a true Foodie - recipes are just a springboard for ideas anyway. When cooking in my own kitchen, I rarely (if ever) follow a recipe as written, and whenever I see another recipe demonstrated, I immediately start thinking how I can change it. I don't even have the patience to watch most cooking shows....I'd much rather wander through a Kitchen Store and dream of ways that I can use the tools myself. :chef:

BethCooks4U said:
I think the Cooking for Two or More has a lot of "Gourmet type" recipes.

Our recipes have changed big time since the 90's. Most of the newer cookbooks have very little of the crescent roll/cheesy recipes any more.

There are also a lot of gourmet type recipes available online at CC in the theme shows area.

Browsed there. And yeah what I have seen is far different from the dark ages.

Barry Carlton said:
Yeah, I borrow some things....but you have no idea what I have accumulated over the years. My director saw things that she did not even know existed!!!

I did do well in the mid '90's! :D

But you can't sell something that's not in the catalog now. I wasn't thinking that you kept "collecting" after you stopped selling. If it ain't in the catalog, don't bring it to a show. They'll just frustrated. Sounds like you've collected lots of ideas here. Don't forget that just b/c PC says to use the rotary grater for something that you can't use the grating blade on the Mandoline. Now there's a tool that might be good for this group.

Yes, I did pay attention that you're trying to specialize this particular show and it's now how you're going to do all of your shows ;)

Beef and Pork

Garlic and Herb Beef Tenderloin
Chinese Pork Tenderloin with Baby Bok Choy
Chiles Rellenos Strata
Orecchiette with Spinach, Sausage and Tomatoes
Pork Medallions with Mushroom Marsala Sauce
Asian Beef Noodle Soup
Speedy Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Beef Satay Fried Rice
Southern Style Tomato Gravy with Biscuits
Beef Picadillo Tostadas
Moo Shu Pork with Mock Mandarin Pancakes
Brandied Dijon Pork Chops
Orange Glazed Sticky Ribs
Bistro Steak Sandwich
Fettuccine Carbonara with Poached Eggs
Mexican Sausage Skillet
Country Fried Steaks with Chipotle Gravy
Greek Bolognese

Try searching on the regular pamperedchef.com site. Go to the Recipes section. It has alot of recipe on it that are often times not listed on CC. Someone in my cluster meeting said it has recipes from printed cookbooks, but I haven't checked that for confirmation. Either way- there is alot in there.

Becca_in_MD said:
But you can't sell something that's not in the catalog now. I wasn't thinking that you kept "collecting" after you stopped selling. If it ain't in the catalog, don't bring it to a show. They'll just frustrated. Sounds like you've collected lots of ideas here. Don't forget that just b/c PC says to use the rotary grater for something that you can't use the grating blade on the Mandoline. Now there's a tool that might be good for this group.

Yes, I did pay attention that you're trying to specialize this particular show and it's now how you're going to do all of your shows ;)

I disagree. I feel it's fine to bring and talk about discontinued items. It shows that our stuff lasts and is a good investment and gives you an excuse to talk about the outlet. Now, that being said, I wouldn't bring TOO many things that are discontinued but there's no harm in having a few. Better that than using NON-PC items.

and finally...Meatless

Artichoke and Red Bell Pepper Risotto
Green Vegetable Minestrone
Tofu Parmigiana with Fire Roasted Tomatoes
Quick and Creamy Mac N Cheese
Pecan Crusted Mozzarella Salad
Sweet Potato Tagine with Pine Couscous
Roasted Vegetable and Sizzling Brown Rice Soup
Moroccan Ravioli
Chilled Summer Soup with Black Bean Relish
Ricotta Gnocchi with Brown Butter Sauce
Corn and Poblano Chowder

Phew! Now it's time to go get my daughter from work and hit the hay. Hope that helped!

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm a foodie. In fact, I was a Personal Chef before I began to focus more on my Pampered Chef business.

Like Becca said, I guess you need to focus on what you want your business to be like.
For myself, I'm also the mom of a 6 yr. old and the wife of a very busy man. Although I'm a Foodie - I don't live in a world of gourmet meals every day. I live in the world of wanting to make healthy, flavorful meals for my family, but without spending several hours in the kitchen. And that's where my shows come from. I RARELY do dessert shows. I occasionally do appetizer shows. But the bulk of my business is done showing people how they can let go of convenience foods, and make healthy, family friendly meals from real ingredients in 30 minutes or less. I NEVER use recipes other than PC recipes. (although I have to admit to making changes where I see fit).

I've never made a ring, wreath, or braid for a show (In 8 years!) although I've used crescent roll dough as a crust occasionally. (mostly for Clubhouse Chicken Squares) I cannot believe that even foodies don't use products like that occasionally. In fact, I know that they do - because I've cooked in some very "Foodie" kitchens as a Personal Chef...so I know what they have in their refrigerators and freezers. :eek::D

However, I have to say that if you take the stance that you are a "foodie" and are above making recipes from PC, unless they meet your standards of gourmet(Which means different things to different people), then you will be limiting yourself and your business, because most people who would want to book shows will not be able to relate to you or your cooking. I get the most bookings at shows when I show people how to make Fajitas in 15 minutes - from scratch, or Loaded Baked Potato Chowder, or an entire Roasted Chicken Dinner in 30 minutes.
I don't think I'd try to impress "Foodies" with the recipes. I'd focus more on impressing them with the quality of the tools. After all,[highlight] speaking as a true Foodie - recipes are just a springboard for ideas anyway. When cooking in my own kitchen, I rarely (if ever) follow a recipe as written, and whenever I see another recipe demonstrated, I immediately start thinking how I can change it. [/highlight] I don't even have the patience to watch most cooking shows....I'd much rather wander through a Kitchen Store and dream of ways that I can use the tools myself. :chef:

Please review my reply here: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f24/gourmet-recipes-66041/#post777527

I do agree with you with the above highlighted. And I thank you for the reminder.

BethCooks4U said:
I disagree. I feel it's fine to bring and talk about discontinued items. It shows that our stuff lasts and is a good investment and gives you an excuse to talk about the outlet. Now, that being said, I wouldn't bring TOO many things that are discontinued but there's no harm in having a few. Better that than using NON-PC items.

One way this works is that I have the ancient DCB (the old deep round unglazed one), it is amazing to show how this has evolved onto what it is today.

ChefBeckyD said:
Saw that reply...I was writing mine when you posted it.
You gals type soooo much faster than the guys on the flooring forum I moderate on!!!!!I really meant what I said about your reminder. It really clicked w/ me. It 'hit home'.

Barry Carlton said:
You gals type soooo much faster than the guys on the flooring forum I moderate on!!!!!

I really meant what I said about your reminder. It really clicked w/ me. It 'hit home'.

One foodie to another. ;)

Barry Carlton said:
One way this works is that I have the ancient DCB (the old deep round unglazed one), it is amazing to show how this has evolved onto what it is today.

And the big advantage (well 2 actually) is/are that the new one fits in the microwave AND is no where nearly as heavy as that old one. I loved it too but rarely used the bowl with the deep dish baker. I tended to use them separately. Now I rarely use either one of those stones as there are only 2 of us at home (at one time we were 7) and the DCB and the Mini Baker are my go-to stones now.

ChefBeckyD said:
One foodie to another. ;)

I put your post that I highlighted in my favorites in my profile.

(Didn't know we have a favorites here?... We don't. But if you go to your profile (quick links, your profile, statistics) you will see "user notes". You can use that to keep a list of posts that may be your 'favorites". Staff/admin can see them but nobody else can. so this can be your 'personal favorites' for this site.

I know "Off Topic"

One of my favorite recipes (and it always wows my totally foodie brother) is a plum galette. I would mix the crust ahead, and just roll it out at the show. You'd use a knife to cut the plums (or pears, in the winter) and the microplane for the marzipan and the food chopper or meat tenderizer for the biscotti or amaretti, the whisk for the whipped cream, the chef's silicone brush for the egg wash and the raspberry jam.

I tell people that PC uses things like crescent rolls and other semi-prepared food for two reasons. One is to save time. your guests don't really want to watch you chill pie crust dough. Another is that while gourmet cooks see the value and application of quality cooking tools, we also want to show everyone, even those who don't have the time or energy to cook from scratch, how these tools can make their time in the kitchen easier and more fun.

You know, one of my friends is a professional chef, and she sort of looked down on PC, because she is familiar with a lot of tools similar to ours. But when you think about how Doris decided to start this--she had friends who weren't familiar with professional cooking tools or stores, and wouldn't have known how to use if they found such a store. But with PC the store and a knowledgeable friend comes to the home, and shows people how to use the tools. How cool is that? Why should good tools and tricks be reserved only for the few?

Attachments

• raspberry and Plum Galette with pear version.doc
    64 KB · Views: 318
BlueMoon said:
One of my favorite recipes (and it always wows my totally foodie brother) is a plum galette. I would mix the crust ahead, and just roll it out at the show. You'd use a knife to cut the plums (or pears, in the winter) and the microplane for the marzipan and the food chopper or meat tenderizer for the biscotti or amaretti, the whisk for the whipped cream, the chef's silicone brush for the egg wash and the raspberry jam.

I tell people that PC uses things like crescent rolls and other semi-prepared food for two reasons. One is to save time. your guests don't really want to watch you chill pie crust dough. Another is that while gourmet cooks see the value and application of quality cooking tools, we also want to show everyone, even those who don't have the time or energy to cook from scratch, how these tools can make their time in the kitchen easier and more fun.

You know, one of my friends is a professional chef, and she sort of looked down on PC, because she is familiar with a lot of tools similar to ours. But when you think about how Doris decided to start this--she had friends who weren't familiar with professional cooking tools or stores, and wouldn't have known how to use if they found such a store. But with PC the store and a knowledgeable friend comes to the home, and shows people how to use the tools. How cool is that? Why should good tools and tricks be reserved only for the few?

What an awesome post!

Barry, It's kinda funny reading your posts because I'm in the EXACT same place. I was a consultant in the 90's and have such vivid memories of all the crescent roll and biscuit dough recipes that I used to do.

I stopped cooking that way for my family years ago, and when I re-joined, I decided that I won't do those kinds of recipes now. My mission is to show people how, by using Pampered Chef Products, they can use real food (with little or no processed foods) and create simple but wonderful food in a realistic amount of time.

When I talk recipes with for those who consider themselves foodies, I lean towards an appetizer show. Everyone like them, and they can be really easy and impressive. I don't have the PC Appetizer book yet, but it is on my "want soon" list. However, almost any dip recipe from a PC cookbook (or another source) can be turned into a "Won Ton Bite" by putting a won ton wrapper down in the mini muffin pan, and filling it with the dip. Bake and serve a really easy and impressive appetizer. (For cold dips, bake the won ton shell first, then fill.) ... You could also make mini crab/scallop/prawn/lobster cakes in the mini muffin pan.... Or make chicken bites with your favorite chicken breast recipe by cutting the chicken into 1" cubes, covering in a sauce/breading/cheese/whatever and baking; then serve on a tray with frilly toothpics.

It sounds like you're having as much fun as I am rediscovering Pampered Chef. I remember how much I enjoyed it 10 or so years ago before I had to quit because my life was too insane. Now it's even better than I remember. I tell people that its not a 2nd job...it's what I do for fun!

shanpaul said:
Barry, It's kinda funny reading your posts because I'm in the EXACT same place. I was a consultant in the 90's and have such vivid memories of all the crescent roll and biscuit dough recipes that I used to do.

I stopped cooking that way for my family years ago, and when I re-joined, I decided that I won't do those kinds of recipes now. My mission is to show people how, by using Pampered Chef Products, they can use real food (with little or no processed foods) and create simple but wonderful food in a realistic amount of time.

When I talk recipes with for those who consider themselves foodies, I lean towards an appetizer show. Everyone like them, and they can be really easy and impressive. I don't have the PC Appetizer book yet, but it is on my "want soon" list. However, almost any dip recipe from a PC cookbook (or another source) can be turned into a "Won Ton Bite" by putting a won ton wrapper down in the mini muffin pan, and filling it with the dip. Bake and serve a really easy and impressive appetizer. (For cold dips, bake the won ton shell first, then fill.) ... You could also make mini crab/scallop/prawn/lobster cakes in the mini muffin pan.... Or make chicken bites with your favorite chicken breast recipe by cutting the chicken into 1" cubes, covering in a sauce/breading/cheese/whatever and baking; then serve on a tray with frilly toothpics.

It sounds like you're having as much fun as I am rediscovering Pampered Chef. I remember how much I enjoyed it 10 or so years ago before I had to quit because my life was too insane. [highlight]Now it's even better than I remember.[/highlight] I tell people that its not a 2nd job...it's what I do for fun!

Bingo!!!! I agree totally. My wife 'confiscates' many or the new products we have gotten. The knife, pans, mandolin, tongs, I could go on and on.

When I do make something that requires a dough or something for a show we use the refrigerated pizza crust but then I tell them that they can always use our pizza crust or their own homemade pizza crust instead.

I have made the quick chicken fajitas several times, even at home, and my kids that don't like fajitas, love these... There are several tools to show while making them... I did them for my show last night.. The host and most of her guests are teachers, so I made them at home so that I wouldn't keep them all night... It went great...EVERYONE loved them... I changed things up and let them eat first because there was several kids and they were hungry and I think it worked very well... Considering doing it that way from now on...

alabama pc cons. said:
I have made the quick chicken fajitas several times, even at home, and my kids that don't like fajitas, love these... There are several tools to show while making them... I did them for my show last night.. The host and most of her guests are teachers, so I made them at home so that I wouldn't keep them all night... It went great...EVERYONE loved them... I changed things up and let them eat first because there was several kids and they were hungry and I think it worked very well... Considering doing it that way from now on...

I would never make that recipe at home (or hardly any for that matter) - they need to see how quick and easy it is. I happened to that exact recipe along with pass around salsa at last night's party. A couple people had to leave early so while I was setting up I had the early arrivers making the salsa, then did a brief (2 minute) intro, thanked everyone and finished the salsa (chopping the jalapeno and pressing the lime) and went right into slicing the peppers & onion. It took less than 5 minutes to put the fajitas together and 15 to cook them. Even the early leavers got to try them. While the fajitas were in the microwave I did the rest of my show (talked about other tools, hosting, business, etc). It was very quick and they were all eating. They loved it and several people bought the tools I used. One person who bought the baker at full price booked a show to get the mandoline and another who spent almost $150 booked to get the baker.

They wouldn't have bought what they did if I hadn't demoed those items. (I know because they told me so "Why'd you cook in that baker? I need one now.")

I've been doing the chicken "lasagna". and the German Chocolate Skillet Cake. I start the cake ahead of time so the house smells heavenly as the guests arrive. I have some hard bread (baguette or artisan) on hand with some dipping oils. I demo the bread knife, Prep bowls, and spices. Less than 5 min. Food in mouth. Then demo the Chicken. Back on topic, I love and agree with the suggestions for appetizers for the foodie group.

beth, it worked for me... And the person that booked for February booked just so she and the host from last night could get the baker free... What works for one doesnt always work for others...

Barry Carlton said:
I've been doing the chicken "lasagna". and the German Chocolate Skillet Cake. I start the cake ahead of time so the house smells heavenly as the guests arrive.

I have some hard bread (baguette or artisan) on hand with some dipping oils. I demo the bread knife, Prep bowls, and spices. Less than 5 min. Food in mouth.

Then demo the Chicken.

Back on topic, I love and agree with the suggestions for appetizers for the foodie group.
My favorite appetizers to do are the Steamed Wontons w/ Ginger Wasabi & Thai Peanut Sauces for dipping, and the Chili Lime Meatballs. LOVE both of these! :chef:

I count several chefs and at least one nutritionist at a high end grocery store who puts on all sorts of foodie events as customers. Hosts, too. They all have families and are always looking for ways to cut time and make things simple, delicious and nutritious. They adore the DCB, the knives, the cookware. I try to give them tips on how our tools make things easier for everyone, everyday, while emphasizing the quality of our tools.

FWIW, the Brandied Dijon Pork Chops in 29MtD2 are AMAZING.

Thank you sooo very much!!!You all have given me so much to think about and implement.....keep the ideas coming. I'll share mine as I come up with them. Barry

maybe do an interactive power-cooking demo for the foodie group... gets lots of tools in their hands.

1. What is "Gourmet Meals in 30-45 Minutes: Fast Food My Way" all about?

"Gourmet Meals in 30-45 Minutes: Fast Food My Way" is a cookbook by Jacques Pepin that focuses on creating delicious and impressive meals in a short amount of time. It includes recipes for appetizers, entrees, and desserts that can be prepared in 30-45 minutes, making it perfect for busy individuals or families who still want to enjoy gourmet meals.

2. How does this cookbook differ from other quick meal cookbooks?

This cookbook stands out from others because it focuses on creating gourmet meals using fresh, high-quality ingredients, rather than relying on pre-packaged or processed foods. It also includes tips and techniques from Jacques Pepin, a renowned chef with decades of experience in the culinary world.

3. Are there any specific ingredients or equipment needed for these recipes?

Most of the recipes in this cookbook can be made with standard kitchen equipment and ingredients that are readily available at most grocery stores. However, there are a few recipes that may require specialty ingredients, such as truffles or saffron, but these can often be substituted with more affordable alternatives.

4. Can these recipes be modified for dietary restrictions or preferences?

Yes, many of the recipes in this cookbook can be easily modified to accommodate dietary restrictions or preferences. For example, there are vegetarian and gluten-free options available, and ingredients can often be substituted to fit personal preferences or allergies.

5. Can you provide an example of a recipe that can be done in 30-45 minutes and would be considered gourmet?

One example of a recipe from this cookbook that can be done in 30-45 minutes and is considered gourmet is the Grilled Chicken with Rosemary, Garlic, and Lemon. This dish features marinated chicken breasts grilled to perfection and served with a flavorful sauce made with fresh herbs, garlic, and lemon juice. It's a simple yet impressive meal that can be prepared and on the table in under 45 minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • lisaterwilliger
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
soonerchef
  • smealey