• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Negativity Alert! A $50 Booth and a Director's Dilemma

In summary, Michele's director helped her set up a booth for her cluster and then didn't show up at the event. Her husband is mad at her for taking time away from work and she plans to smear the director in her face when she talks to her.
fruit76loop
Gold Member
So if you don't want negative thoughts don't read on!!:eek:

For those of you who have read my posts...I am usually very positive and happy go lucky ...well here is an exception!!:eek:

I have a future director who found a booth to participate in for $50 this weekend. She was so excited and said her 2 team members were going to work the booth with her!! Sounded great:rolleyes: . She asked if I would be willing to help set the booth up since she hadn't done one before. I said sure, but I won't be able to work the booth because I have prior commitments the whole weekend. I paid for the booth, since as a director I get reimbursed $50 a month to participate in booths...........

well, to make a long story short...she called me at 1 this afternoon and said her cluster members wouldn't be able to work the booth with her, did I know anyone else. So I started calling and got coverage to help her with the entire booth! THEN....:mad: at 9 pm tonight, she called me and said she wasn't going to be able to work the booth at all.....:eek: WHAT:eek:??? I about fell off of my chair. So I just spend the past 90 minutes trying to find someone that could take advantage of this opportunity...found some people but not enough to work the booth. I called the coordinator of the event and she is allowing us to have shorter hours. Now, I have to gather all of my products up at almost 11 pm...some which are still dirty because of my show tonight and dinner... and pack to go set up at 7 am!!:mad:

What in the heck was she thinking?????:mad: Oh my goodness...I was just dumbstruck!!

And now my husband is mad at me for taking time with the booth and working the booth when I had prior committments before! But, I have cluster members that begged me not to cancel the booth so they could get some bookings and leads!!

So, being the good director;) I am, I kept the booth! Was this all worth the $50 I would have lost???

Who knows...mad and steaming in Wyoming!!:mad:

Sorry about the negativity!!

Sorry to hear about that! It's so dissapointing when people let you down. I got a booth set up earlier this month because I have three new team members anxious to get new leads and then none of them ended up wanting to work it. I didn't have any prior commitments and ended up working the booth myself and got a couple of bookings from it so it wasn't all bad. Still I would have liked to see them get a good start on their business.

Hopefully the other people you called are part of your cluster and will get some great leads out of it! They're fortunate to have a director that is willing to step into the void and help them out like this.

Michele

OMG...I would be fuming mad and foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog! Did you at least tell her how crappy this was for her to do this? Did you tell her that maybe she should re-think directorship? Did you jump through the phone and ring her neck?

I am hoping that this will all be worth it for you and your cluster (well, the ones that show up anyway)!

Marlene,
That's TERRIBLE!!!:mad: Hopefully it was just a fluke and normally this wouldn't have happened. That's a bummer that it totally has messed up your plans! Hopefully something good will come out of it for YOU....maybe a recruit!?! Good luck!

ha ha
soonerchef said:
OMG...I would be fuming mad and foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog! Did you at least tell her how crappy this was for her to do this? Did you tell her that maybe she should re-think directorship? Did you jump through the phone and ring her neck?

I am hoping that this will all be worth it for you and your cluster (well, the ones that show up anyway)!

Andrea,

That is exactly how I felt last night! :mad: Now I am back to my normal cheery self! :p I have only 1 member of my cluster working the booth and 3 of my director's cluster (sister consultants). I already have 3 bookings from the booth and I am sure there will be more! My May is totally full now! :cool: Here I come to WHIP cancer's butt!!

Thanks everyone for understanding my need to vent! I appreciate you all!:D

THAT is SUPER....3 Bookings? I hope you SMEAR that in her face when you talk to her, AND I would hope she had a REAL GOOD reason for dumping it in your lap, like her intestines where falling out.....because my thought to her would be "you know, I too have a life, not only you......and if you are going to start something you should finish it......" ARG.....that is just totally INCONSIDERATE....is she on CHEFSUCCESS? :D I'd give her the one piece of my mind I still have left.....

Okay, better now, sorry and I"m sooooooo glad that you made out in the deal. That is awesome....so RUB away at her.....at your cluster meeting make sure to make a big deal of it too in front of EVERYONE and thank the other consultants for "helping out in a crunch without any decent notice"....I would make SURE that SHE FEELS the pain you felt that night....hmphf.....

So Woo Hoo to you.......

1. What is the "Negativity Alert" event?

The "Negativity Alert" event is a training seminar for Pampered Chef directors, designed to address the challenges and negativity that can arise within their teams.

2. How much does it cost to attend the "Negativity Alert" event?

The cost to attend the "Negativity Alert" event is $50 per person. This covers the cost of the seminar materials and refreshments.

3. Who is eligible to attend the "Negativity Alert" event?

The "Negativity Alert" event is open to all Pampered Chef directors, regardless of their level or tenure. It is recommended for directors who are struggling with negativity within their teams.

4. What can I expect to learn at the "Negativity Alert" event?

At the "Negativity Alert" event, you will learn strategies for dealing with negativity within your team, tips for maintaining a positive mindset, and how to create a supportive and uplifting environment for your team members.

5. How do I register for the "Negativity Alert" event?

You can register for the "Negativity Alert" event through the Pampered Chef website or by contacting your regional director. Spaces are limited, so it is recommended to register early.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • lmradlein
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lmradlein
  • shelliebeard
  • General Chat
Replies