• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Do People Always Fall for Freebies Without Reading the Fine Print?

In summary, my friend is trying to scam me by telling me she can get $400 in free products if I hit $300 in sales.
emiscookin
So this friend of mine is throwing a killer catalog show for me (she lives back east!) and is up to $400 in sales! Woo hoo! :sing: I gotta admit, that is the most I have gotten for a catalog show so far since starting the business, but anyway....

I was checking out the orders she received online and one lady that ordered for her show, payed $7 for one thing and then the rest of the stuff on the order were all the Rubs that were available for free to Guests in July.

......So I stared at the order for a second and was like..."Uhh, sorry lady, but I don't think so!" I know the poor gal misunderstood that you have to spend $60 or more in product before you can choose 2 of those Rubs for free! It made me chuckle a little. So I contacted my Host and told her to let that lady know what the real deal is. (I figured it was better for her friend to break the news to her than for me, someone she doesn't know).

I wonder about people sometimes. ;) Don't people know that there is ALWAYS a catch to getting something for free? And it's funny how people don't read things anymore! Anyway, if any of you had a similar situation and would like to share please do. I love stories. :) I just had to share this with ya'll. :D

People are definitely wacky.

You are not alone! I had a great party on the 30th and we had about 13 people in attendance. Now, as I am going through the orders I notice one that ordered the Food Chopper and nothing else. Except she did order two of the free rubs. The problem, she was on the fly and had already left! So I contacted her on Saturday morning to explain the situation. Luckily I made that call. She meant to order three Food Choppers! She just forgot the 3!

emiscookin said:
one lady that ordered for her show, payed $7 for one thing and then the rest of the stuff on the order were all the Rubs that were available for free to Guests in July.

Gotta laugh sometimes to keep your sanity.

I wish that HO would set it up that they couldn't put the guest special in if they don't qualify for it - and certainly not more than the allowed amount of them. How hard would that be?

BethCooks4U said:
Gotta laugh sometimes to keep your sanity.

I wish that HO would set it up that they couldn't put the guest special in if they don't qualify for it - and certainly not more than the allowed amount of them. How hard would that be?

It shouldn't be too hard since the program notifies you when they do qualify and they didn't order it. It has saved me a few times.

ChefSandyR said:
It shouldn't be too hard since the program notifies you when they do qualify and they didn't order it. It has saved me a few times.

P3 does that and it also puts a red dot on if they HAVEN'T ordered enough to get it or if you try to order too many. It's those who order on the website that's the issue here.

I had a friend who hosted a 2nd party for me. At the end of her 2nd party, I was trying to go over her sales and explaining to her the host tally sheet that was filled out. She had about 10 guests. As soon as she heard $500 (which I was trying to tell her were the total sales) she started getting all excited screaming that she EARNED $500 in free products.
I thought to myself......seriously 10 guests and you think you get $500 in free products. :rolleyes:
If that was the case, somehow I think people would be begging us to do a party. But seriously, I do think PC does has one of the best host reward program compared to other direct sale companies. :D

Now that is way too funny! I can honestly say I have not had that happen. How ever did she react when you clarified it? I bet she was disappointed!

Yes, she was disappointed.:cry She is more of a whiner. But I just clarified it and tried to focus and how easy it would be to get to the next level for sales.

I just had my worst show ever! the host finally got her sales up to $240 and wondered if that was close enough to $300 to get a half price item!!! Then a couple minutes later, she calls again and says she was just talking to a friend and the friend told her that if she had $200 in sales, she would get $400 in FREE products!!!!!! WHAT!!!! Hey I want to do one of those shows so I can get all those free products too!!!:confused::confused:

pampered1224 said:
You are not alone! I had a great party on the 30th and we had about 13 people in attendance. Now, as I am going through the orders I notice one that ordered the Food Chopper and nothing else. Except she did order two of the free rubs. The problem, she was on the fly and had already left! So I contacted her on Saturday morning to explain the situation. Luckily I made that call. She meant to order three Food Choppers! She just forgot the 3!

Nice! Glad that worked out. ;)

millthayer said:
I just had my worst show ever! the host finally got her sales up to $240 and wondered if that was close enough to $300 to get a half price item!!! Then a couple minutes later, she calls again and says she was just talking to a friend and the friend told her that if she had $200 in sales, she would get $400 in FREE products!!!!!! WHAT!!!! Hey I want to do one of those shows so I can get all those free products too!!!:confused::confused:

You are joking.............right?????????????????

millthayer said:

I hope you told her that her friend was woefully mistaken.

OH YEA.....very nicely I told her that her friend must have misunderstood somebody, but NO, she was only getting $25. free and NO 1/2 price items! She was fine with that....then she had the nerve to say that she had thought of signing up but since she couldnt even get anyone to her house or to order off of her, how could she sell $1250? Well, I EXPLAINED to her that you really need to MAIL invites out to people, not TEXT them and then they will come and yes, they will order! Thats why I always mail out the invites, but OH NO, she knew what she was doing, NOT!!

1. What is "Gotta Love People Sometimes!" all about?

"Gotta Love People Sometimes!" is a collection of recipes and entertaining tips designed to make hosting gatherings and events easier and more enjoyable.

2. Who is the target audience for "Gotta Love People Sometimes!"?

The target audience for "Gotta Love People Sometimes!" is anyone who loves to entertain and host gatherings, whether it be for family, friends, or colleagues.

3. Are the recipes in "Gotta Love People Sometimes!" easy to follow?

Yes, the recipes in "Gotta Love People Sometimes!" are designed to be simple and easy to follow, making them accessible for all levels of cooking experience.

4. Does "Gotta Love People Sometimes!" offer any tips for decorating and setting the table?

Yes, "Gotta Love People Sometimes!" includes tips and ideas for decorating and setting the table to create a beautiful and inviting atmosphere for your guests.

5. Can I purchase "Gotta Love People Sometimes!" products through Pampered Chef?

Yes, "Gotta Love People Sometimes!" products are available for purchase through Pampered Chef. You can also find them at select retail locations and online retailers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• micocina
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
vtodd71
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • patty42240