• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are your thoughts on the new products in my sample package?

In summary, the Beaded serving spoon, the bamboo bowl and the drink charms are all on b/o to ship later.
missmindym
The Beaded serving spoon, the bamboo bowl and the drink charms are all on b/o to ship later.

Here are my thoughts so far on the new products that I have.

5" Santuko: 2" really do make a difference. This is a cute little knife and I can't wait to try it out, it is definitely a lot lighter than the 7" as well.

Rotary Grater: cool beans!

Med. Round Stone w/Handles: I love all my stone so far, so I'm sure this will be no different.

Pastry Cutter:

Latin Flavor, Fast & Easy Cookbook: A lot of the recipes sound great, but looks like many call for peppers that my grocery store doesn't carry.

Dots bowl trio: I've been wanting a trio bowl and this will match all my dots stuff, woohoo.

Dots oval platter: Not quite as big as I was hoping for. I'm still going to have to get the big round platter after all.

Dots Medium Bowl: Very nice, perfect for serving smaller recipes!

Dripless Pourer/Stopper: I'm not a wine person, so not sure about this one.

Grinder, Peppercorn Medley, & Sea Salt: LOVE THEM!!! I need another grinder, lol.

Festive Hol. Desserts Recipe Collection: I can't wait to try a few of these things out!

Mini Measure-all Cup: Cute

Holiday Spreader (Set of 2): these are so cute, with Christmas trees on the end of each one. Too bad I didn't get any of the Christmas plates.

Beaded Spreader and Serving Fork: I love these and can't wait to get the spoon! I can serve at my shows in style now! ;)

I wish they had of lumped all the Christmas items into one Sample Package.

Glad you are having fun opening your new stuff!!

I am having to wait a while to see if I will get to order any. I am doing an August show myself and will just get the knife then I think and may not get anything else since I was hoping the Christmas plates would be the size of dinner plates, but they're not.

I also wish they had the wine stuff lumped together as well! I don't really want the charms, but I want the stopper and glasses!

I also got mine today - yippee samples!

jrstephens said:
I wish they had of lumped all the Christmas items into one Sample Package.

Glad you are having fun opening your new stuff!!

I am having to wait a while to see if I will get to order any. I am doing an August show myself and will just get the knife then I think and may not get anything else since I was hoping the Christmas plates would be the size of dinner plates, but they're not.

The Christmas plates could be dinner plates, If you eat lite.....:rolleyes:

I really don't get how they come up with the sample packages, I guess maybe they try to get something from each category, but it's kind of annoying, lol. That's why I went with Pkg A, to get the most of the things I really wanted, lol, and wanted to be able to show.

The beaded serving utensils are by far the best thing in the package along with the grinder and pantry stuff, and then the dots stuff. I don't plan on getting the stemware, so I'm not sure what I'll use the charms and stopper for? Maybe as gifts or something?

missmindym said:
I really don't get how they come up with the sample packages,

"Okay, staff, what will be the five favorite products? Five least favorite? All right, package all those togther and we've figured out one of the packages well offer." ;)

chefjeanine said:
"Okay, staff, what will be the five favorite products? Five least favorite? All right, package all those togther and we've figured out one of the packages well offer." ;)

lol, I would hope not.

I love all the stuff that I got Except the dripless pourer thingy sine I dont drink wine and will hae no use for it.

Jennie4PC said:
I love all the stuff that I got Except the dripless pourer thingy sine I dont drink wine and will hae no use for it.

Makes a great gift with a nice bottle of Kendal Jackson when going to someone's house! Don't forget your business card!;)

I bet the stopper will work in a bottle of olive oil or balsamic vinegar. Don't short-change it yet. :)And as far as the size of the dots platter, it's exactly the same size as a Pfaltzgraff platter I have. It's a perfect size for a smaller group or for a roast beef/pork loin. Putting smaller portions on a large platter looks cheap - as if you didn't want to spend the money to buy more food.

How long did it take for you to get it after you ordered it?
I ordered mine and see it is "setting there" as RECIEVED.

PamperedDor said:
Makes a great gift with a nice bottle of Kendal Jackson when going to someone's house! Don't forget your business card!;)

My only problem is I dont know anyone who drinks wine.:rolleyes:

chefann said:
I bet the stopper will work in a bottle of olive oil or balsamic vinegar. Don't short-change it yet. :)

My DH mentioned using it for that I do need to test that out,

Ann took my idea. :( We are wine drinkers, but I could so see using this for oils, vinegars, and such. I tested it, and you really can lay a bottle of wine on its side without it leaking. This would work well for anyone who wants to keep their oils/vinegars in a cabinet that's usually too short.I think the 5" Santoku will be a big seller for me. I've had several people choose not to order the 7" because it's heavy. Now, I like a heavy knife, but lots of people don't.

KimoMakano said:
How long did it take for you to get it after you ordered it?
I ordered mine and see it is "setting there" as RECIEVED.

I can't remember, I either ordered it on the 24th or 25th and it shipped Monday the 28th and got here this morning.

I love the new 5" santoku. Was always a little intimidated by the 7" Santoku. Disappointed I didn't get the Bamboo Bowl...guess I have to be patient. New cheese grater is awesome...no clogging.

Thanks Ann & Rae for the idea about the pourer being used for olive oil/vinegar too! That just made it a multi-use tool, and something that even non-wine drinkers will want to have!:thumbup:

I've used the 5" knife almost continually since it came - I KNEW I was going to love it, and I haven't been disappointed!

Used the cheese grater for parmesan cheese for the One Pot Pasta - it worked so slick - and FAST! I am thrilled with it. Also used the Grinder w/ the pepper blend....I am so going to enjoy having good grinders.

missmindym said:
I can't remember, I either ordered it on the 24th or 25th and it shipped Monday the 28th and got here this morning.

Thanks, I ordered my on the 24th and is showing as Recieved on the 25th, but no change. Still on Recieved as of this morning. Called HO and they could give no explanation.:(

Am so looking forward to all the new stuff!!

KimoMakano said:
Thanks, I ordered my on the 24th and is showing as Recieved on the 25th, but no change. Still on Recieved as of this morning. Called HO and they could give no explanation.:(

I am in the same boat. I ordered the 25th and its still Received. Its rather annoying as Directors have theirs, others who have order got theirs and now we are sitting in limbo!! I've never seen it so bad! Plus then add in the weekends and ship time, it will be another 2 weeks before i get mine! HO will hear about it if That happens!!!!! :cry::grumpy:

jbdowd0798 said:
I am in the same boat. I ordered the 25th and its still Received. Its rather annoying as Directors have theirs, others who have order got theirs and now we are sitting in limbo!! I've never seen it so bad! Plus then add in the weekends and ship time, it will be another 2 weeks before i get mine! HO will hear about it if That happens!!!!! :cry::grumpy:

Sorry that is happening to you also, but somewhat comforted by the fact that I am not the only one.

KimoMakano said:

jbdowd0798 said:
This is nice to know, all though, I'm annoyed that I don't have my stuff, at least I know others are in the same boat. I do wish that we could get our stuff, and it annoys me that some people are getting there samples and others seem to be sitting in limbo! I called and they told me that it will ship 2-5 business days after received, well yesterday was the 5th day and it's still there! :grumpy::grumpy: I love PC, so I will not have a cow, but I'm getting annoyed!:mad::grumpy:

ChefBeckyD said:
I've used the 5" knife almost continually since it came - I KNEW I was going to love it, and I haven't been disappointed!

Used the cheese grater for parmesan cheese for the One Pot Pasta - it worked so slick - and FAST! I am thrilled with it. Also used the Grinder w/ the pepper blend....I am so going to enjoy having good grinders.

I agree with everything you said Becky! Love my grinder, am using it for salt and I orderd the packaged that has the grinder, all though I earned one, just so I can have a set, because I want to be able to grind my pepper with one too! Plus I thought it would be good to have for August shows! Which makes me even more annoyed that my sample order is just sitting there!
I screamed like a school girl when they announced the 5 inch Santoku! And I use mine all the time too!;):D

MissChef said:
I agree with everything you said Becky! Love my grinder, am using it for salt and I orderd the packaged that has the grinder, all though I earned one, just so I can have a set, because I want to be able to grind my pepper with one too! Plus I thought it would be good to have for August shows! Which makes me even more annoyed that my sample order is just sitting there!
I screamed like a school girl when they announced the 5 inch Santoku! And I use mine all the time too!;):D

I earned two plus the salt and pepper to fill them, so I brought them both to my show last night. Everyone LOVED them. The host is probably sharing that as her host special and another guest can't wait to buy them at the Sept show that was booked. :thumbup::thumbup:

It's hard, but try to be patient. HO is shipping out shows super fast though! I submitted 2 shows on July 31st and one of my hosts received hers Sat. Aug 2nd, how's that for service!! I still have to deposit the rest of her checks too! I am sure I am okay though. I haven't ordered my samples yet, so I had better get on the ball!
Deb

zmom58 said:
It's hard, but try to be patient. HO is shipping out shows super fast though! I submitted 2 shows on July 31st and one of my hosts received hers Sat. Aug 2nd, how's that for service!! I still have to deposit the rest of her checks too! I am sure I am okay though. I haven't ordered my samples yet, so I had better get on the ball!
Deb

Yes, they are moving at top speed for our Hosts. Thanks Home Office! I was shocked at how quickly they were moving at the end of the month.

UPDATE: I just called HO and they said they are shipping out sample orders this week. They were waiting on one or two things to arrive before they sent them out. So I said "Oh I knew of other consultants who's stuff shipped out the 24th, a day before I submitted mine"(not in a bad tone either, just a confused one!) and she was nice and apologized and figured with all the orders they ran out faster than expected.

Then she was so nice and checked on my adjustment I put through this morning and did it over the phone for me so I could send my Large Round Stone With Handles piece back as it broke this morning (2nd time in less than a year!) while making breakfast.

So good luck yall!

Thanks for the update Becky. I will check mine when I get home today!

Thanks Becky.
Glad we were able to get some explanation. When I had called last week they were very nice but could not give an explanation as to why it was taking so long (comparatively).

The question I have is when are they going to ship the New dot stemware I remember in the email saying it was on BO but I am wondering in the last pc wire it didn't say anything about them just the bowl and knife block will be shipped at the end of aug.

Oh I don't remember the stemware on BO. Hummmm interesting. Maybe that is the one thing...who knows!!?!?

I ordered my sample package on July 28th and it is still marked recieving.....UGH, my Open House is Monday.....When I call, they tell me to keep checking back...Do I need to panic yet? Does anyone know what's going on?

I hate the be the bearer of bad news but you might want to. Being in Ohio you get it in a day or two as it takes CA people 4-8 days to get ours. I ordered on the 25th and still nothing.

They were waiting to get one or two more things in to pack orders. They were hoping to send them out this week. Thats what I was told yesterday.

I just got off of the phone with HO and she told me that they are going to start shipping Sample packages today and tomorrow.....I am trying real hard to be patient..... :)

Vicky said:
I just got off of the phone with HO and she told me that they are going to start shipping Sample packages today and tomorrow.....I am trying real hard to be patient..... :)

I hope you get it on time. I love PC so, please don't take this wrong, but I'm getting tired of hearing this pacifying statement! I was told that they would start shipping today and tomorrow yesterday, so does that mean everyone is getting told that they will be shipped today and tomorrow all week and who knows when we're really getting them?:confused: I'm just getting aggitated when last week I was told "We have 2-5 business days to ship them" and now it's been about 9 business days for me. If there is a problem, then let us know, and fix it, but this is getting old quick.:grumpy:
Now, no one needs to start bashing me about ripping on PC, because I'm not. I'm just frustrated to see the same thing told to someone that was told to me yesterday morning. Most people on here know that I support PC and I love:love: this company, I've been with them almost 10 years. :) I'm just tired and grouchy and am tired of feeling like I'm getting the run around. Even if that's not the case, it just feels like it!:rolleyes:

christinaspc said:
The question I have is when are they going to ship the New dot stemware I remember in the email saying it was on BO but I am wondering in the last pc wire it didn't say anything about them just the bowl and knife block will be shipped at the end of aug.

I looked at the shipping page by cheating and I am receiving a shipment tomorrow. I am assuming it is the stemware.

Cathy I think also part of the frustration is we are out here on the west coast and it takes 5 days for anything to reach us, well at least me. :)

I love to share everyone's excitment when they are receiving their packages, but I know I will have to wait a little longer and I am not a patient person. :( Just ask DH!

pamperedpals said:
Cathy I think also part of the frustration is we are out here on the west coast and it takes 5 days for anything to reach us, well at least me. :)

I love to share everyone's excitment when they are receiving their packages, but I know I will have to wait a little longer and I am not a patient person. :( Just ask DH!

Exactly! And I'm not a patient person either! Something that is beyond silly with Fed Ex, in fact it's quite stupid, but anyway, a lot of the times Fed Ex will take my packages all the way to Portland Oregon, which is 8-10 past me, to the coast and then in another state, check it in there and then have to drive it all the way back to Spokane, which is the east side of Washington, I only live like 10-12 miles from Idaho!:grumpy: So, this concept makes no sense! :eek: This happens most of the time and when they do get smart and run it through Billings, Montana, then I always get it a day earlier! Like I said, stupid! LOL!:p

MissChef said:
Exactly! And I'm not a patient person either! Something that is beyond silly with Fed Ex, in fact it's quite stupid, but anyway, a lot of the times Fed Ex will take my packages all the way to Portland Oregon, which is 8-10 past me, to the coast and then in another state, check it in there and then have to drive it all the way back to Spokane, which is the east side of Washington, I only live like 10-12 miles from Idaho!:grumpy: So, this concept makes no sense! :eek: This happens most of the time and when they do get smart and run it through Billings, Montana, then I always get it a day earlier! Like I said, stupid! LOL!:p

I know everything goes through Portland for me and then DuPont, WA. I am only an hr south of Tacoma, so that is the best route for me.

But going to Portland and then driving it to Spokane for you is nuts! I hope they are smart more often. :)

Originally Posted by jbdowd0798 View Post
I am in the same boat. I ordered the 25th and its still Received. Its rather annoying as Directors have theirs, others who have order got theirs and now we are sitting in limbo!! I've never seen it so bad! Plus then add in the weekends and ship time, it will be another 2 weeks before i get mine! HO will hear about it if That happens!!!!!

I ordered mine July 28th and it still says received. At least I don't have any shows until the end of August and hopefully I get it by then. As for my host orders--they are getting them in about 6 days, so that's not so bad. I won't start complaining until it gets to be over 2 weeks, because anything two weeks and under is excellent!!!!:sing::D

Well I'm in CA so I'm like the other west coasters, takes at least 5 days to get to me. I did a product adjustment Monday and they already shipped the stone to me but my show, sample orders, or the replacement orders are still not being shipped.

Oh well, things happen. Thankfully my host is a SU! consultant and she even said that her orders at the end and beginning of the month are slow to receive.

I understand Cathy's frustrations and didnt' take it as a slam at all! :) Just venting!

It is now Wed the 6th of Aug and my samples are still showing as Recieved. Ugh!!

UpdateMy status finally shows "picking"! Wahooooooooo!!! I will be stoked when it shows "shipped!":p;)

Re: Update
MissChef said:
My status finally shows "picking"! Wahooooooooo!!! I will be stoked when it shows "shipped!":p;)

When did you order???

When I called today they told me that packs ordered through 7-29 were shipping today.....I am hoping.....BIG TIME!!

I am excited to see that your order is at least picking.....do you think if I keep checking mine it will be picking too?????:)
Hugs,
Vicky~~

I received mine today. I ordered Saturday. I received an email saying my supply order shipped yesterday, but I never received an email about the sample order. I am in love with the beaded fork. I was not expecting it to be that big. It is very sturdy. I had planned on selling it and a few other things from that package, but decided to keep it...although I am not crazy about the beads. It will come in handy during the holidays.

I called HO tonight just to check, and it is STILL showing as received.
Starting to worry a little bit....

I want to order mine, but now I have to wait to see how the overdraft issue works out:(!

Well....I checked this morning and mine is still recieved too.....I am worried. I'll call again today. Maybe they don't have the computer updated.....

I am in the same boat. I ordered my samples on 7/26... and the order is still sitting as received. Argh!

Okay, I ordered mine on the 25th, and they finally shipped yesterday. I wonder how long it will take to ship the bamboo stuff? Because I know that is not coming with this package, because it doesn't stip until mid August! I just hope we have it by the start of September!

Wahoo Cathy. I will have to check and see if mine has shipped. I doubt it because I sent it in on the 5th.

<h2>1. What makes the 5" Santuko knife different from the 7" knife?</h2><p>The 5" Santuko knife is smaller and lighter than the 7" knife, making it a great option for those who prefer a smaller and lighter knife.</p><h2>2. How do you like the new Rotary Grater?</h2><p>I think the new Rotary Grater is really cool and a useful addition to anyone's kitchen tools.</p><h2>3. Are you a fan of the Dots bowl trio?</h2><p>Yes, I love the Dots bowl trio! It's perfect for serving small dishes and matches my other Dots kitchenware perfectly.</p><h2>4. What are your thoughts on the Festive Holiday Desserts Recipe Collection?</h2><p>I'm excited to try out some of the recipes in the Festive Holiday Desserts Recipe Collection. They all sound delicious!</p><h2>5. Do you recommend the Beaded Spreader and Serving Fork?</h2><p>I highly recommend the Beaded Spreader and Serving Fork. They are not only stylish but also functional for serving at events and shows.</p>

1. What makes the 5" Santuko knife different from the 7" knife?

The 5" Santuko knife is smaller and lighter than the 7" knife, making it a great option for those who prefer a smaller and lighter knife.

2. How do you like the new Rotary Grater?

I think the new Rotary Grater is really cool and a useful addition to anyone's kitchen tools.

3. Are you a fan of the Dots bowl trio?

Yes, I love the Dots bowl trio! It's perfect for serving small dishes and matches my other Dots kitchenware perfectly.

4. What are your thoughts on the Festive Holiday Desserts Recipe Collection?

I'm excited to try out some of the recipes in the Festive Holiday Desserts Recipe Collection. They all sound delicious!

5. Do you recommend the Beaded Spreader and Serving Fork?

I highly recommend the Beaded Spreader and Serving Fork. They are not only stylish but also functional for serving at events and shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Frugalli
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Pamela Cetin
  • slapsappyhappy